Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield ready to walk away from Wanderers takeover talks/ ST bid to buy club

+14
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
FullofSprite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Sorry, but that's all very vague, full of flim flam and filler and wastes time answering questions no one's asked.

And it's full of "politician speak" like the answer which purports to address the issue of members of the Steering Group standing (or not) for election.

Initially it was an unequivocal "No" but that's morphed into "some of us have said they aren't interested but you'd have to contact the members individually and ask them".

It's all bollocks and you can call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I'm 46 and have made a career out of wading through bullshit to get the truth so I can try and sort it and everything concerned with this trust is coming across as bollocks to me.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This thread doesn't read very well for the trust at all. Even Norpigs done a u-turn, which means it's very bad. 

I'd also like to say I'm in full agreement with everyone else regarding manda and the trust. There should definitely be a place for her somewhere. There can't be many candidates that fit the bill more than her.

I've just read all this and what difference does it make what the IT guy/Web designer looks like or how much money his business took last year? Or even what his business is?

Seems like a witch hunt to me.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:This thread doesn't read very well for the trust at all. Even Norpigs done a u-turn, which means it's very bad. 

I'd also like to say I'm in full agreement with everyone else regarding manda and the trust. There should definitely be a place for her somewhere. There can't be many candidates that fit the bill more than her.
The fact they haven't ripped her arm off and begged her to join at least the steering committee is both insane and to my mind at least confirmation that they're not the honest, independent group they claim to be. I was already out but this has inspired me to e-mail friends of mine who aren't on this forum to refuse to register also. So far I've had four replies from the nine e-mails I sent out all saying the same: We're out.

And yes sluffy, I am working on getting them to join this forum. You'll be happy to know that the four I've got replies from are all much smarter than me and can generally make their point clear in one or two sentences which I am sure will come as a refreshing change to you all Smile

Breadman wrote:Sorry, but that's all very vague, full of flim flam and filler and wastes time answering questions no one's asked.

And it's full of "politician speak" like the answer which purports to address the issue of members of the Steering Group standing (or not) for election.

Initially it was an unequivocal "No" but that's morphed into "some of us have said they aren't interested but you'd have to contact the members individually and ask them".

It's all bollocks and you can call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I'm 46 and have made a career out of wading through bullshit to get the truth so I can try and sort it and everything concerned with this trust is coming across as bollocks to me.

Fair enough, and of course you're entitled to think that. 

I disagree though, not on whether or not the ST is bollocks or that those behind it could be in it for themselves. I just don't think there's been enough evidence to make any solid judgements at this point so I'll wait until there are.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Barb Dwyer wrote:I've just read all this and what difference does it make what the IT guy/Web designer looks like or how much money his business took last year? Or even what his business is?

I think it's all about the transparency barb. They are struggling to gain trust and have only themselves to blame really. I've not completely written them off just yet but they'll have to work extremely bloody hard to prise ten quid out of my wallet. As it stands they have no chance. There's something not quite right about these lot and I like to trust my gut instinct. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong as a supporters trust could be a good thing in the right hands, and that's the problem. I'm not sure it's in the right hands at all. We'll just have to see what the elections bring.

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:I've just read all this and what difference does it make what the IT guy/Web designer looks like or how much money his business took last year? Or even what his business is?

I think it's all about the transparency barb. They are struggling to gain trust and have only themselves to blame really. I've not completely written them off just yet but they'll have to work extremely bloody hard to prise ten quid out of my wallet. As it stands they have no chance. There's something not quite right about these lot and I like to trust my gut instinct. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong as a supporters trust could be a good thing in the right hands, and that's the problem. I'm not sure it's in the right hands at all. We'll just have to see what the elections bring.
It's just the IT guy, not really an important part of the group :whistle:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is about the transparency.

After all the hidden shit we've had for the last thirteen or so years the ST people themselves said that future transparency around the club was their raison d'etre for being created in the first place, as a means of 'official' communication between the fans and the club.

So to do something like this is extremely stupid and a completely unnecessary thing to do.

Why not either put his real picture up or alternatively non at all rather than post something untruthful?

No witch hunt at all just underlining the deceitfulness of their actions over something so trivial.

What would they do if it was something that really mattered?

He's changed it now.

Nuts 1 : 0 Jamie

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, I've just read through all that shit, and people moan when it's kicking off?

Where the shite do i get my five minutes back.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck me, I've just read through all that shit, and people moan when it's kicking off?

Where the shite do i get my five minutes back.
Write to:

Hey Gimmemytimeback,
1, Wadedthroughdross Road,
Pedanticposteria,
Snoozeville,
WA5 7ED

Hope that helps Wink

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

prick.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Most Nutters seem to be an intelligent and articulate bunch and its beyond me why anybody is paying any attention to the ST.
The new owners (whoever they may be) will not be obliged to pay any attention to them. It might be that ED is putting some pressure on potential owners to take them seriously but six months down the line they will be kicked into the long grass.
Even if they get a small stake in a new ownership structure they will be impotent to achieve anything. To imagine that they will be a serious influence is delusory.
The deal now is not one of he heart- nobody is going to take over because they have an altruistic desire to help BWFC. They're not going to be locals who've supported BWFC since their childhood days. it will be a commercial transaction to maximise their future revenue streams or asset values. Any outside interference with that (such as the ST) will be an obstacle, a nuisance quickly to be ignored.
So-don't waste your tenner. Despite all the stories about links to this person or that person, they will have no influence.
Ignore them as they're currently just a distraction.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Most Nutters seem to be an intelligent and articulate bunch and its beyond me why anybody is paying any attention to the ST.
The new owners (whoever they may be) will not be obliged to pay any attention to them. It might be that ED is putting some pressure on potential owners to take them seriously but six months down the line they will be kicked into the long grass.
Even if they get a small stake in a new ownership structure they will be impotent to achieve anything. To imagine that they will be a serious influence is delusory.
The deal now is not one of he heart- nobody is going to take over because they have an altruistic desire to help BWFC. They're not going to be locals who've supported BWFC since their childhood days. it will be a commercial transaction to maximise their future revenue streams or asset values. Any outside interference with that (such as the ST) will be an obstacle, a nuisance quickly to be ignored.
So-don't waste your tenner. Despite all the stories about links to this person or that person, they will have no influence.
Exactly- although when I said this in post 71 it was neatly avoided so that the conspiracy guessfest could ramble on unabated.
And this is a thread about the takeover - something that the ST will never do.

Mods - can we keep this thread to discuss Deano's bid and shift all the conspiracy theory stuff to the many, many threads that already exist for the mind - readers amongst us to tell us what the ST and ED are thinking/plotting?

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Most Nutters seem to be an intelligent and articulate bunch and its beyond me why anybody is paying any attention to the ST.
Exactly- although when I said this in post 71 it was neatly avoided so that the conspiracy guessfest could ramble on unabated.

Mods - can we keep this thread to discuss Deano's bid and shift all the conspiracy theory stuff to the many, many threads that already exist for the mind - readers amongst us to tell us what the ST and ED are thinking/plotting?
who made you boss?  get off your soapbox, people can express an opinion or whatever without being labelled conspiracy theorists!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

who made you boss?  get off your soapbox, people can express an opinion or whatever without being labelled conspiracy theorists!
I have a pint pot with "The Boss" written on it that my kids gave me at Xmas - incontravertible evidence IMO.

Not questioning your right to an opinion - just saying that a thread about Deano's bid isn't the place for an analysis of Crispy's childhood and his relationship with his mother. There are 263 other threads about the ST to do that on.
Anyone browsing the site would open this thread with a view to reading about Deano's bid.

whats the point, it all links together, there is bound to be a crossover.  and i know for a fact a few people are working very hard to bring the FACTS about the ST to the forefront and wouldn't appreciate being called conspiracy theorists.  lets all just blindly follow the hype and own a piece of our own club by most peoples reckoning!  play for nothing every week and be happy with the dregs of the championship in league 1 or 2

y2johnny wrote:whats the point, it all links together, there is bound to be a crossover.  and i know for a fact a few people are working very hard to bring the FACTS about the ST to the forefront and wouldn't appreciate being called conspiracy theorists.  lets all just blindly follow the hype and own a piece of our own club by most peoples reckoning!  play for nothing every week and be happy with the dregs of the championship in league 1 or 2

Think you're point about facts is the key thing, let's wait and see until some come out and there's some solid evidence to make a judgement. At the moment it really is just speculation.

ITS NOT!  you don't get it, everything that i have stated in the other thread is FACT!

all publicly available!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum