Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES

+5
largehat
Michael Bolton
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS are ready to pounce for former Blackburn Rovers midfielder Keith Andrews.

The 31-year-old is currently away with the Republic of Ireland at the European Championships but has already spoken to the club and could finalise a move this week.

Owen Coyle had been desperately trying to keep the move under wraps to avoid competition for the ball-winning midfielder, who has also had an offer from Huddersfield Town.

Andrews played at West Brom last season but was surprisingly released on a free transfer after Roy Hodgson left the Hawthorns for the England job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this would be a terrific pick up.

especially to replace NRC, he can tackle, he's a grafter and he chips in with goals.

3Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 12:29

Not bad as back up to the first team, so long as he's on a small wage.

Certainly wouldn't class him as a terrific pick up.

4Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 12:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Usual shite.

5Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 12:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the championship now lads.

This is a guy who was playing premiership football last year and has proven himself in the championship in a spell at Ipswich.

I certainly don't think we can be expecting people of a much higher ceiling than this tbh.

6Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 13:18

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keith Andrews? Well not a player to get excited about but this is the sort of level of player we'd be signing this summer I guess. I don't think he'll be signing as back up like bwfc1874 said.

7Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:14

Michael Bolton, I said that is the standard Keith Andrews is, I have no idea whether Coyle intends to sign him as a starter, (if this story is even true).

Given the clubs stated policy of bringing younger players through, I don't rate this move to be honest. I'd rather see Vela and Holden than Keith Andrews. But a one year contract on a low wage would be okay, although I'd also hope to see someone else brought in.

8Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sounds like a like-for-like replacement for Reo-Coker to me. Late 20s midfield grafter.

9Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:21

He'll be 32 in September, not as good a player as Reo Coker, does't have the same strength and energy in my opinion, but he can pass the ball better than Nigel. He's okay for a season in the championship.

10Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Didn't realise he was 31. I don't mind how unglamorous our signings are as long as they are effective and we go back up at the first attempt, but we will see.

11Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And don't forget the extra games, teams with the ability to chop and change are at an advantage.

12Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 15:03

Well I think he's a better player than Pratley, so I suppose on a free it's a decent bit of business.

13Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 15:09

Was I the only one that read the article title as

Keith Andrews to Bolton - LIES

14Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not a signing to get the juices flowing but a decent player who for me has looked the only decent player Ireland have had in the euros so far, had a few chances infront of goal too (ok he missed but still).

I know OC wants youth but their is no substitute for experience at this level.

15Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 21:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Old fashioned bolton player in that he works hard, gets involved in the game, and cannot be ignored at any time. I thought he palyed reasonably well in the Euros. Looks fit enough even some seem to think your over the top at 31. Good saigning I reckon Not many internationals available on a free Very Happy

16Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Up until this weekend I had never heard of the guy.

17Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 12:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He got sent of last night for Ireland, how they were 2 yellows I will never know.

He looks a decent player and a seemed to have a bit of passion too, the coaches had to calm him down when he went off.

18Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 13:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been described as Irelands best player by quite a few people, i wonder if his performances might get a few bigger clubs sniffing.

19Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 13:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nah ! He'll want to come to us. According to some, a cert for promotion, 'big club' atmosphere, wonderful manager. Actually, I hope he does, becdasuse I like what I've seen so far, in that he seems to have drive, and a lot of passion for the game.

20Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Empty Re: Keith Andrews to Bolton - ILES Tue Jun 19 2012, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the price is right he could do a decent job although I'd personally like to see Josh Vela move into that role asap. Andrews always had a bit of a temper and not a great disciplinary record but he's OK for the Championship. Could go either way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum