Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billionaire banker and oil magnate Roger Tamraz bidding to buy Bolton Wanderers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A BILLIONAIRE banker is bidding to buy Bolton WanderersThe Bolton News understands.
Roger Tamraz, who is also deputy chairman of Middle East Airlines and own oil company Tamoil, says he wants to see Whites become a "community club" once again.
A spokesman for Mr Tamraz said: "After months of work Mr Tamraz and his team have put together a bid to buy the football club from present owner Eddie Davies.

"Building on the current assets, namely the Macron Stadium, Whites Hotel, Euxton training ground, the Lostock academy, and the Community Trust, Mr Tamraz wants to see Bolton Wanderers once again become a community club at the heart of the Bolton community.
If the bid is successful, fans will be involved as never before, as Mr Tamraz seeks to rebuild the image of the club."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14240438.Billionaire_banker_and_oil_magnate_bidding_to_buy_Bolton_Wanderers/

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Peter for this thread on the News part of the forum.

For those who want to comment another thread on this is already up and running on the Bolton Banter part of the forum - link to it here -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t13132-billionaire-banker-wants-us-now

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter needs a kip

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Peter needs a kip
Had a nice afternoon nap thanks mate Smile

Actually I hadn't seen the thread on Banter. I saw it quoted in a different thread by Breadman and felt it was significant enough to be a topic in its own right and serious enough to merit being called News rather than Banter. Personally I do hope there's substance to this as the developments with the "Supporters Trust" are becoming (in my opinion) more alarming by the moment. We need someone with real money, not vague ideas about approaching some local businesses once they've actually made themselves into a supporters trust and then maybe bidding to buy the club if they can get the investments they ask for. And that's without pointing out the obvious and (again in my opinion) very suspicious links between Eddie and Phil and the 'steering committee'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum