Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nalbandian disqualified in the final at Queens

+2
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Laughing

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Should be banned for life.

If he doesn't know better than to behave like that at age 30, he's never going to.

Fucking hate tennis players.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What Nalbandian did is poor, but the line judge made a meal of it.

But it's just another case of a sport that has forgotten it's there to entertain the public. They could have fined him after the game or banned him from Wimbledon, but to end the game halfway through when there's a capacity crowd and millions watching around the world is pathetic.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:What Nalbandian did is poor, but the line judge made a meal of it.

But it's just another case of a sport that has forgotten it's there to entertain the public. They could have fined him after the game or banned him from Wimbledon, but to end the game halfway through when there's a capacity crowd and millions watching around the world is pathetic.

I am not sure he did make a meal of it, he was bleeding a lot:
Nalbandian disqualified in the final at Queens Bloody-Leg

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

I am not sure he did make a meal of it, he was bleeding a lot:

It was a bad cut. He milked it for all he could though.

But bad cut or not, tennis is in the entertainment business. If the projectionist at your local Vue cinema got injured because Bruce Willis kicked him in the shins the cinema wouldn't cancel the film.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I didn't see any of it apart from the clip but did he apologise after he did it?

If so then I then they have made a meal of it, the guy is a professional at his sport, he is going to lash out now and again if he isn't winning that's what happens. Just a shame the guy was sat behind the board at the time.

When he plays at Wimbeldon no doubt some tossers will boo him and ask for him to be kicked out of it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was seriously stupid, couldn't he have just gone in on something AWAY from a human.

Deserves a ban i think, dumb.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When I lose my temper, I choose to channel it in a way that isn't going to be physically harmful to people that are in no way the subject of my anger, because there's an acceptable way of behaving and an unacceptable way.
To say that this is all OK because it's just unfortunate that the bloke was sat behind the board when it happened isn't right. Nalbandian knew full well there was a considerable chance he would injure the guy, but chose to do it anyway.

When Bolton lose at home on the first day of the season, I'm going to get angry and set fire to Nando's. It will just be a shame that the place was full of chavs at the time.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most of the line judges in Lawn Tennis are volunteers. The old boy who got his leg gashed was clearly in some discomfort and although Nalbandian didn't meant to take his frustration out on the guy's leg he should have behaved more professionally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum