Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Todays tactics, hit or miss?

+8
Bollotom2014
CAMPO
Norpig
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
rammywhite
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Sun Feb 07 2016, 22:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Simon Reeves was interesting.  Are you going to change your stance in immigration now?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

22Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Sun Feb 07 2016, 22:43

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote: When Woolery started against Wolves we dominated possession because Wolves daren't get up the pitch - still we conceded 2 bad goals...

This is sort of the point though.  

We are not good at creating chances playing passing football.  

You said with Wooly on Wolves dare not get up the pitch... 
Exactly.  
So...
If Wooly started or came on sooner against Rotherham they too would not get up the pitch. They would have started deep. We would have kept possession. There would have been no gaps to exploit to use his pace.  This would nullify Wooly as a threat. 

And that is why we invite them up the pitch.

23Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Sun Feb 07 2016, 23:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

CAMPO wrote:Good thoughtfull post Biggie, but I think you give Lennon too much nous...

I know what you mean about giving him too much nous but... 

It's actually a common move in a lot of games. It's just not always as noticeable.  

For example... 
We scored after 2 minutes.  
So we dropped off straight away (rightly or wrongly). 
So for the next 45 mins it was shit to watch. 
However. We might have started quickly and with a lot of pressing but taken 35 mins to score. Then we would have dropped off at 35 mins.
Nobody would have complained or even noticed had we done that. Its the timings that made it unbearable. 

Same in the second half. 
With it being Rotherham (happy for a draw) they stayed deep for longer than many teams. So again, as supporters its awful to watch. But eventually all teams go for the win and switch tactics. We just had to wait. 
Like I alluded to earlier, its like a game of chicken... 

Just for comparison sake, if it was a top 3 team we were playing then they would be more likely to go for the kill earlier and we would respond accordingly. It would have been more exciting as a spectacle. And again because things livened up in the 67th minute rather than 80th most supporters wouldnt even realise that it was essentially the same game plan.  (And therefore would have gone home happier and maybe even giving the manager more credit)

Does that make sense?

(All that isnt to say the gameplan cant be executed better or that it is without risk)

24Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Mon Feb 08 2016, 14:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lennon admitted to it being a mistake bring in Pratts for Trotter...... that's the positive...at least he admits to it right away. Heskey is a mystery to me ......fans think he is a donkey for 15 years now but managers love him....so that's somat we can't see. I personally would play Woolery and/or Dobbie going forward.  I don't think it will make much of a difference in the next two games. Madine/Woolery if fit.

25Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Mon Feb 08 2016, 19:48

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pratley probably shouldn't have started, never thought I would say this but Trotter had a good impact when he came on.

26Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Mon Feb 08 2016, 22:46

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Trotter was our best player against mk dons

27Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Mon Feb 08 2016, 23:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Trotter has to be worth persevering with in our current predicament, hard though it is to admit.

28Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Tue Feb 09 2016, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Trotter has to be worth persevering with in our current predicament, hard though it is to admit.

Ha ha, you abuse Kevin Davies for years but now declare your love for Liam Trotter.

You fooking mentalist.

29Todays tactics, hit or miss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Todays tactics, hit or miss? Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Trotter has to be worth persevering with in our current predicament, hard though it is to admit.

Ha ha, you abuse Kevin Davies for years but now declare your love for Liam Trotter.

You fooking mentalist.

Yes I've really pushed the boat out here with the Trotter love.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum