Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon issues rallying cry that all is not lost at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon has urged his players not to give up hope on their survival fight.

Wanderers are licking their wounds after another frustrating away defeat at Brighton that left them seven points from safety.

Despite an encouraging performance at the Amex Stadium, individual errors consigned the Whites to a 15th defeat of the campaign and saw them back at the foot of the Championship table.

Though some have accepted the club’s fate and are simply hoping for an end to the ownership battle to enable Wanderers to rebuild next season, Lennon refuses to surrender.

“Nothing is finished and I certainly hope my players think the same way,” he told The Bolton News. “There are 15 games to go, that’s nearly a third of the season and there are a lot of points to play for.

“We were disappointed in the manner we lost (at Brighton) and it isn’t the first time we have felt that way. But we have to pick ourselves up quickly.

“I tell my players to take it game by game, and so will I. On Saturday we have QPR and there is another chance to close the gap again.”

Lennon gave praise to Derik Osede for stepping in on the left side of defence on Saturday against Brighton for the injured Dean Moxey.

The Spaniard had not featured since November when he was substituted at half time in a 2-0 defeat against Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

“Derik did really well. I was pleased with his attitude and he did well against one of the better players in this division in Anthony Knockaert.”

Wanderers have not won away from home since last April – the worst record in the entire Football League – but will be happy to return to home turf this weekend, where they have won their last two league games.

Lennon sees signs of improvement and that is why he is willing his players to believe they can still claw their way to safety.

“We are playing well,” he said. “I don’t think we are playing badly at all.

“In fact, we have started to play better away from home in some games as well, which is very pleasing for me.

“If we play like that away from home against a side that is not quite as strong as Brighton then we’ll pick up points, no doubt.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum