Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holdsworth: It's time for a fresh outlook at the Macron and I'm excited

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holdsworth has invited the whole town to a party tomorrow against Burnley.

Though the Sports Shield consortium is unlikely to be passed by the Football League until after the weekend, the chairman-elect will be in the directors’ box to survey his new team at the Macron for the first time.

Alongside him we may also see some of the figures who will also be subject to the owners and directors test – formerly the fit and proper persons' test – which scrutinises the suitability of those who own 30 per cent or more of shares in a club, or those seated in a position of power.

The Football League is also analysing the funding plans Sports Shield have put forward.

Fans are eager to know what Holdsworth and Co have in store for the club, and indeed how they plan to fund it.

Expectations are rising but the former striker feels he has the experience to handle them.

“I have been out of playing football for a long time,” he said.

“I have been in businesses, I have an education company, I was a former chairman of the PFA.

“I have done a lot of business work over the past 10 years but I have always been a lover of football. I am a passionate football fan, no matter where it is.

“I have gone into jobs that I should have taken really but wanted to be involved in the day-to-day of a football club and its players.

“The most important thing is we look at this and we don’t over-promise. You over-promise, you under-achieve.”

Holdsworth is eager to help put things right on the pitch and believes he can offer some encouragement to the coaching staff.

“To change this around you need to win games of football,” he said on a BBC Manchester Radio phone-in. “I think the team’s form of late has been good.

“Last Saturday was another one of those last-ditch moments and they have to learn quickly how to keep that game 1-0.

“I have been through football all my life. I am a Pro Licence holder, I understand analytics and analytical reports and I think that will help my understanding of how the manager is playing etc.

“I am going to enjoy that. I think it will be good to speak with the manager and have an education on what other people do.

“I have always been keen to learn how people manage other people.”

Though Holdsworth insists he will “leave the managing to the manager” it appears he will take a more hands-on approach than his predecessor Phil Gartside.

“I can’t step on another man’s toes but what I will do is qualify some of the things that enter the conversation,” he said. “I think that’s healthy.

"I have worked for chairmen and given them analytical reports on pass completion or different tempos and ratios of speed in play and they looked at me as if I gave them a Chinese handbook.

“I do understand it. I will be interested to see the players and going forward that analytical stuff on recruitment will be important.”

Source

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just a rehash of an interview dean gave 4 days ago. The BN really is shit

Boggersbelief wrote:This is just a rehash of an interview dean gave 4 days ago. The BN really is shit

I was going to point that out in the comments section on there but I couldn't be arsed.

It's not even an interview he did with them, it's the one from GMR.

Shoddy.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is he going to be doing keepie-uppies on the pitch a la Michael Knighton?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:Is he going to be doing keepie-uppies on the pitch a la Michael Knighton?
 you must have never seen him play in his prime Numpty  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum