Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's madness, fumes Lennon after Wanderers' survival hopes hit by another late collapse

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon reflected on more lost points in his side’s survival fight and admitted: “This is madness!”

Two late goals from Burnley’s Andre Gray turned Saturday’s Lancashire derby upside down after what had been one of Wanderers’ most encouraging performances of the season.

The excellent Liam Feeney put his side 1-0 to the good with half an hour to go but after Gray had levelled, an error in possession by Jay Spearing led to a heart-breaking winner five minutes from full-time.

Wanderers are still seven points adrift of safety and now down to a dozen games to preserve their Championship future.

“I thought we were superb,” Lennon said after the game. “It’s individual mistakes that as a manager I can’t legislate for.

“The team played well. I would have been disappointed with a point, we were the better team for long, long periods of the game.

“This is madness and it’s happening week in, week out.

“I don’t know what I can do to change that. We are comfortable in possession one second and then the next the ball is in the back of our net – which is just not good enough.

“If we keep doing what we’re doing then we’re going down.”

Lennon has seen too many points slip out of his side’s grasp this season and admits he is fed up to the back teeth explaining how it happened.

“I have to remain positive and as I’ve said for a while we’ve been playing really well,” he said. “We played well against Burnley but again we get nothing from it.

“We were a little lightweight at the back again but I thought we defended quite well in the main.

“That gives me encouragement… blah, blah, blah. But we lost the game blah, blah, blah.

“It’s like a broken down record time and time again. It’s hard to take.”

Gray – the striker signed for £6million from Brentford at the start of the season – had been a peripheral figure until his two late goals.

“Any manager will tell you strikers do make the difference at this level,” Lennon said. “We had (Adam) Le Fondre last year from January to May and he scored eight in 15 for us and that made a big difference.

“I was delighted with my attacking players today. Gary Madine came on and made a big contribution and was pleased with him.”

Source

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Did he really say blah blah blah?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum