Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon: I dream of Feeney

+3
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 09:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon reckons he would be on easy street in the Championship if his team had more Liam Feeneys.

Reflecting on the winger’s electric performance against Burnley at the weekend, the Wanderers boss singled him out for special praise.

Feeney’s efforts did not stop the table-topping Clarets from running out 2-1 winners at the Macron Stadium and leaving the Whites seven points adrift of safety with 12 games to play.

But Lennon believes the Whites would not be in a relegation mess if more of his squad had the same attitude as the former Millwall flyer.

“If I had 10 Liam Feeneys we’d be top two or three,” he told The Bolton News. “There are days when he is not at his best but for the majority of the season he has been excellent.

“He trains every day he’s asked, he’s never injured, his stats are always the best in terms of work-rate and high-intensity runs. He gives so much to this team and if I had a few more of him we’d be alright.”

Wanderers wasted a 1-0 lead against Burnley, conceding two late goals to wreck an encouraging performance.

But Lennon bit back at the suggestion he should have changed his team’s shape after going ahead – explaining his decision to keep things as they were after Feeney had opened the scoring with half an hour to go.

“You can’t shut up shop because it was too early and you didn’t want to invite pressure,” he said. “I didn’t feel we were experiencing any massive problems. I certainly wasn’t thinking about making changes at the time.

“We looked very good.”

Lennon was not surprised his side matched Burnley for as long as they did and has been pleased at the overall improvement in performances in the last few weeks.

But as time ticks down to the end of the season, he admits the opportunity for Wanderers to save their own skin is becoming less likely.

“We’ve been playing like that for a while but we do need to make more of our chances as well,” he said. “When we’re in the ascendancy I always think we need that second goal. We seem to lapse a little bit at times.

“We’re not that far away from being a decent team but we are running out of time and we can’t keep doing that.

“If we carry on making individual errors, we go down. It’s as simple as that.”

Source

2 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the end, all Nuts threads turn to gay sex.

3 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 11:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:In the end, all Nuts threads turn to gay sex.
Well you do have an obsession with bellends Nat. Very Happy

4 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you can't fault Feeney for his effort, he gives it his all every game but his end product is lacking most of the time. He did have a great game against Burnley to be fair though

5 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 15:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we had 11 Liam Feeneys we'd still be going down

6 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:32

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Gay Sex and Bellends  huh??? am i missing something here.

7 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lard Lad wrote:Gay Sex and Bellends  huh??? am i missing something here.
The best is yet to come.

8 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see AD making his monthly return.

9 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

10 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Good to see AD making his monthly return.

Good, this site needs some characters

11 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Thu Mar 03 2016, 15:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome back AD.

12 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Thu Mar 03 2016, 18:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FUCK ME! not this shit again! ::seething2::

13 Lennon: I dream of Feeney Empty Re: Lennon: I dream of Feeney Thu Mar 03 2016, 19:42

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum