Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Reading

+16
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
Jack Russell
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
observer
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
karlypants
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
So cruel on Bolton...

Not cruel in the slightest. Unbelievably one sided match, as was the case even before the sending off.

42Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Stick to selling holidays lad
If in doubt, resort to personal insults.

Hmm...

:whistle:

How's that an insult?

43Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Stick to selling holidays lad
If in doubt, resort to personal insults.

Hmm...

:whistle:

How's that an insult?
Ok not an insult but a dig. Very Happy

44Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:20

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not sure what the bloody starting formation was, 4-4-1-1? but we looked awful and when holding went off we were even worse.

Derik in midfield was a master stroke, how Phillips knew Holding would be sent off and we needed an extra centre half on the pitch I do not know, put that together with substituting all our pace off, woolery and clough for Danns and Heskey. What is the point of having Samazidah on the bench and then not letting him have a run out, unbelievable that heskey was brought on and that Dobbie started.

First time all season at a game I have been completely depressed.

45Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the worst performances ever witnessed at the Macron/Reebok. You think they can't play any worse and they prove you wrong.

If we'd lost 6-0 again I don't think anyone could complain, Reading were guilty of some woeful finishing.

Phillips is fooking clueless and should be fucked off right now - they had the tallest centre half I've seen in many years and it was clear he was fucking useless on the ground, the obvious thing to do was have Woolery on his shoulder and play the ball on the ground. So, of course, we lumped it forward.

Then the sending off, I think that should get it's own thread it was that bad, what a fucking dick Holding is. From that minute Philips decided to play for a 0-0 draw. I honestly don't remember us having a shot after that.

Fair play to Pratley, he's shit but he put a real shift in today. The rest were truly shit. Vela and Trotter passed to Reading at every opportunity, Clough has caught the Mavies disease of being anonymous, Moxey was all legs and no brain, and the new bloke at right back had the touch of the fat kid at school who gets picked last. Fuck off. And Woolery? Fuck me is he shit. All pace and nothing else. Absolutely clueless.

Amos did ok until the goal, but to Doffcocker's utter delight, he let another long shot fly past him. The bellend.

And then to top it all, Phillips brought fucking Heskey on. We needed mobility upfront to at least try and put pressure on Reading, but Phillips decided to send on a clearly overweight and unfit Heskey. Where did this cock learn his management skills?

Phillips has had two games too many and should be put out of his misery now. Same for most of the team.

Wankers.

46Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 18:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Amos did ok until the goal, but to Doffcocker's utter delight, he let another long shot fly past him. The bellend.

Amos had a great game. Nice of him to join in now the season is over with.

47Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 19:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought it was a mistake bringing off Woolery, the lad got no service all game but he does have pace so i would have kept him on. As for Pratley if he spent more time actually trying to play football and not wrestling and falling over that would be a huge help, he should have gone off for Danns.

I thought our best player today was Derik, he is really starting to look like a decent player

These last minute goals are really getting on my tits though

48Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i thought it was a mistake bringing off Woolery, the lad got no service all game but he does have pace so i would have kept him on.

The ponce was knackered. 19 years old and he can't run for 90 minutes.

Fucking shameful.

49Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 20:26

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i thought it was a mistake bringing off Woolery, the lad got no service all game but he does have pace so i would have kept him on.

The ponce was knackered. 19 years old and he can't run for 90 minutes.

Fucking shameful.

The ponce was probably tired of making runs with no service, or being faced with five men to beat without any support. Rolling Eyes

50Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 20:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
The ponce was probably tired of making runs with no service, or being faced with five men to beat without any support. Rolling Eyes

It's no excuse. When I was 19 I could run forever.

Professional footballers should not be going off midway through the second half because they are tired.

51Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 20:49

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

do you really think a young player is going to keep running into channels, closing down the keeper and tracking back when he's not getting the ball played to him?

Suspect the guy was not physically tired more fed up tired.

May not be right and you could argue he should keep going to the end, but for young players coming into the situation we are in it is understandable, especially when the senior players are giving zero effort week in week out.

52Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 20:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:do you really think a young player is going to keep running into channels, closing down the keeper and tracking back when he's not getting the ball played to him?

Suspect the guy was not physically tired more fed up tired.

You are exactly the sort of fan I am talking about on the "twats" thread.

Fed up tired? What the fuck is that? Some made up ponce condition?

Stop defending the undefendable.

53Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 21:12

Nat, your use of the word "undefendable" is frankly indefensible.

Don't use it again on here.

54Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 23:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Before todays game I thought that it couldn't get any worse. Now I know I was wrong.
It was woeful

55Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sat Apr 02 2016, 23:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:Before todays game I thought that it couldn't get any worse. Now I know I was wrong.
It was woeful
Yep, very dark days ahead, the state the club is in, we could find ourselves playing conference football in the not too distant future.

56Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sun Apr 03 2016, 04:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Before todays game I thought that it couldn't get any worse. Now I know I was wrong.
It was woeful
Yep, very dark days ahead, the state the club is in, we could find ourselves playing conference football in the not too distant future.

#killingthesite

57Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sun Apr 03 2016, 07:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It just shows how good a Manager Lennon was, got to be up there with Megson, we'll miss the fire and passion of his character.

58Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sun Apr 03 2016, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought Phillips had managed to get a bit of fight out of the team compared to the Bristol debacle, but it was an uphill battle with 10 men made worse by piss poor ball retention. Plenty of heroics but no composure or quality.
The key for me was around 70 minutes when we were somehow still level and theoretically in with a chance of nicking it. Throwing on Samizadeh alongside Clough and Woolery would have been viewed as almost suicidal but let's face it - in our position we might as well throw caution to the wind because a draw is about as much use to us as a chocolate fireguard. We'll never be in a better position to experiment and try to play on the front foot.
When he put Danns on and subbed Woolery I knew we'd concede.

Successive managers have tried to park the bus and it has never worked for us.

59Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sun Apr 03 2016, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woolery signalled to the bench he was knackered. The ponce. Can't blame Phillips for that.

60Bolton 0-1 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Reading Sun Apr 03 2016, 18:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Two things that really disappointed me yesterday were the utter lack of possession and the way we conceded right at the death yet again. Ten men or not having a quarter of the ball at home and waiting more than 50 minutes for a shot is woeful. Going to sleep in stoppage time and giving away a point the way we did was utterly inexcusable also. 

I'm not blaming any one person be it the manager or any of the players because frankly the malaise is now so deep that there is no point. I just want this season to be over and for someone to bring some kind of stability to our club in the summer. I don't know if that will happen, in fact I'm not even hopeful it will right now but it definitely needs to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum