Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could the unthinkable happen?

+7
Chairmanda
scottjames30
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
Alf Hooker
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Could the unthinkable happen? Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Considering our so called finances, and the fact we are utter shite.

Could we drop like a stone through the leagues?

Tonight has shown the kids are nowhere near league level, we have ( allegedly) no money to recruit.

No manager, and the fact we are on a downward spiral, don't look a good prospect for any decent manager to jump on board.

In short, thanks to the previous regime, we are in deep shit, and as big a club some folk believe we are, we could be a non league club in the not too distant future, could the unthinkable really happen?

2Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 am

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

MartinBWFC wrote:Considering our so called finances, and the fact we are utter shite.

Could we drop like a stone through the leagues?

Tonight has shown the kids are nowhere near league level, we have ( allegedly) no money to recruit.

No manager, and the fact we are on a downward spiral, don't look a good prospect for any decent manager to jump on board.

In short, thanks to the previous regime, we are in deep shit, and as big a club some folk believe we are, we could be a non league club in the not too distant future, could the unthinkable really happen?

Ask any Stockport County fan !

3Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:19 am

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

you might want ask a Tranmere or a Stockport fan if they ever thought it could happen - and we certainly aint immune from crass bad management, in fact we excel in it. The prospects seem unthinkable but we will be seen as a scalp next year because of our recent history but not because of the present team. Ask yourself whether any individual player with an ounce of ambition would fancy coming to the club? We are in the worst situation I can remember for a long time because of two men and I for one am fuckin furious.

4Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:38 am

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes could happen if we don't take drastic steps, you got to remember that we have been beaten by a league one side in the cup this year, held in the FA cup by a none league outfit and the teams that came up last year have beaten us more than comfortably.

All these facts point to us struggling next year in league 1, big changes are needed in terms of players and if that means flogging Clough to bring in three or four journeymen players who know league 1 so be it.

5Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:25 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes it could happen, i said on the chatbox last night we are turning into Blackpool but it could easily be Portsmouth, Tranmere or Stockport.

I think next season will be a real struggle as well if we are relying on some of the players we have now are still at the club, the senior players on big wages have been garbage and some of the kids don't look ready to step up.

6Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:47 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, we'll turn it around and do a Leicester in three years when Phil Brown wins us the PL.

7Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 am

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Two friends from Bath went last night. They are both v knowledgeable football folk, in fact did the commentary some of you were so complimentary about. They also don't wum. (well at least not me). Their considered verdict was that they had seen 5 or 6 teams this season way better than Bolton whilst following Bath City. And remember, Bath are no longer in the highest division of non league. Makes you think dunnit.

8Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:05 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
Their considered verdict was that they had seen 5 or 6 teams this season way better than Bolton whilst following Bath City. And remember, Bath are no longer in the highest division of non league. Makes you think dunnit.

What a load of absolute shite.

9Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:11 am

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
Their considered verdict was that they had seen 5 or 6 teams this season way better than Bolton whilst following Bath City. And remember, Bath are no longer in the highest division of non league. Makes you think dunnit.

What a load of absolute shite.
some teams (Ebbsfleet in Bath's div, Eastleigh...remember them?) can pay their way out of non league...will we be able to?

10Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
some teams (Ebbsfleet in Bath's div, Eastleigh...remember them?) can pay their way out of non league...will we be able to?

Stop posting shit. Perhaps if you'd been to watch Bolton in the last 100 years your posts would carry some weight.

They don't.

Bath are shit.

11Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:29 am

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:

Stop posting shit. Perhaps if you'd been to watch Bolton in the last 100 years your posts would carry some weight.

They don't.

Bath are shit.
I can agree with the last bit, Natasha!

12Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:45 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No because what is proposed isn't unthinkable.

13Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:08 am

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What do mean by "Could Happen" .... it is happening already.  Kids are not going to save us and no investment in-sight...therefore we are already relegation fodder for League 1.

Based on today's situation.

14Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What do mean by "Could Happen" .... it is happening already.  Kids are not going to save us and no investment in-sight...therefore we are already relegation fodder for League 1.

But the team will predominantly consist of experienced senior players on Premiership wages next season so whilst I doubt they'll get us promoted straight back up, i don't think they'll get back to back relegations.

The following season (2017/18) when all except Amos and Clough will be out of contract will be the defining one IMO - providing we haven't gone bankrupt beforehand.

15Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unthinkable? I think it's unthinkable that it won't happen at this point.

16Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Unthinkable? I think it's unthinkable that it won't happen at this point.

Stop trying to be clever.

17Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Unthinkable? I think it's unthinkable that it won't happen at this point.

Stop trying to be clever.

Very Happy

18Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 am

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:What do mean by "Could Happen" .... it is happening already.  Kids are not going to save us and no investment in-sight...therefore we are already relegation fodder for League 1.

But the team will predominantly consist of experienced senior players on Premiership wages next season so whilst I doubt they'll get us promoted straight back up, i don't think they'll get back to back relegations.

The following season (2017/18) when all except Amos and Clough will be out of contract will be the defining one IMO - providing we haven't gone bankrupt beforehand.

People on here have to get over the fact that some of the players are on a good wage..... that's the way their agents negotiated it and good luck to them.  Worth the money...that's a different point all together. I can give Pratley 300,000 a week but it will not increase his passing ability.  The point is that saying we have experienced players on a good salary will stop us from struggling again is nonsense IMO. We have been beaten easily this season by players on half the wages of ours.....footballing skill is the key not money.

19Could the unthinkable happen? Empty Re: Could the unthinkable happen? Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but you don't know what you don't know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum