Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spearing next season

+4
terenceanne
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spearing next season Empty Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 12:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was thinking that if we can't farm Spearing out (even if it means subsidising his wages) he'd be facing a whole season on the sidelines and if I was in his position I'd be willing to "pay to play" - common in the music industry, not so much in football.

If Liverpool need £100k surely it would be in Spearing's best interest to offer to pay the money personally? It equates to just under 6 week's salary for him which isn't a lot to invest in getting regular first team football, getting the opportunity to put himself in the shop window, repair his PR and perhaps partially right the wrongs of this season by being an integral part of a promotion-winning team.

Wouldn't you?

2Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 12:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What would the chances be of Liverpool dropping this part of the deal knowing our finances?

100k is just pocket change to Liverpool.

3Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
100k is just pocket change to Liverpool.

Bolton asked to defer the payment until the end of the season, Liverpool refused.

Clearly it meant something to them.

4Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 13:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he won't pay it himself, he will end up going on a seasons loan to someone and will probably have to subsidise his wages. I read on here he was due £400K at end of his contract so he's going nowhere if thats true.

5Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 13:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a bad idea.  On the other hand Spearing can go to benidorm for a year and relax while on full salary and pick up on his career next season. Depends how badly he wants to play in an away game at Bury on a freezing Tuesday night I suppose.

6Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 13:15

Spearing (being a modern era futblah) probably thinks he won't even see League One next term because his agent will have sorted a big money move to another Championship club long before a ball is kicked in August.

They're all deluded idiots who think they're better than they are and I honestly can't see him even considering the notion that nobody will want him.

7Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He will end up playing for a big team like Wigan or Preston in the division above us.

Why would anyone who has any options want to play with a basket case of a club like ours when they have any opportunity to do better for themselves?

We will get stuck with the players nobody else wants, the kids and anybody who feels they want to take a chance with their career who will join us on a free and being paid cheap wages.

Next season isn't going to be pretty or much fun.

8Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 13:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:He will end up playing for a big team like Wigan or Preston in the division above us.

Shameful post.

9Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 14:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:He will end up playing for a big team like Wigan or Preston in the division above us.

Shameful post.

Well I did post that to give some people who are still in denial about our club, team and our players, a perspective about what our true position is.

Like it or not teams like Wigan and Preston are in a much better financial position than we are and can if they want pay out silly money for players like Spearing whilst we on the other hand are desperately hoping that some one will take him off our hands and we might even pay part of his wages to do so!

Wigan and Preston are on the 'up' at the moment and we have yet to hit rock bottom on our way 'down' yet.

Good job it is only a game and nothing important eh!

10Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 14:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blatant wumming from the site owner

11Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 15:02

He can play half the season before we have to pay Liverpool a fee for him again.

12Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 15:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who's bright idea was it to allow him to play 23 games per season then us have to pay 100K each time?  Rolling Eyes
Whoever sorted out his contract wants shooting

13Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:He can play half the season before we have to pay Liverpool a fee for him again.
So the games played slate is effectively wiped clean at the start of the next season?

If that's the case, he could compete for a place and after 23 games we could review whether to loan him out or pay Liverpool depending on how he's doing and where we are in the table.

14Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

It's the most important thing in my life. I demand an apology.

15Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

It's the most important thing in my life. I demand an apology.

I'm sorry that this is the most important thing in your life.

You need to try and get out more.

16Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After  23 games we will be 17th in the table.

17Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:49

Wigan and Preston are big teams? Do me a favour.

18Spearing next season Empty Re: Spearing next season Fri Apr 08 2016, 17:21

wanderlust wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:He can play half the season before we have to pay Liverpool a fee for him again.
So the games played slate is effectively wiped clean at the start of the next season?

If that's the case, he could compete for a place and after 23 games we could review whether to loan him out or pay Liverpool depending on how he's doing and where we are in the table.
That is what I hear. It was 50% of matches in a season for the length of his contract, that is why he joined Blackburn after 22 matches last season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum