Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can we forgive them?

+7
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
gloswhite
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can we forgive them? Empty Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 18:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The players that is, the likes of Mark Davies, Dervite, Trotter and Moxey who will no doubt still be on our books next season. 

I think we all share a hatred for them currently but it would not surprise me to see them return to form in a lower league against poorer opposition. 

I hate to admit it but any other side in league one would give their left bollock for the players mentioned.. So if the cunts discover some pride in their performances next season and hit the ground running, will we still hate them?

2Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of the four you mention only Moxey will be of any use in League 1. The other three are utter shit and I'd cancel their contracts, pay them off, and drive them out of Bolton.

3Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 21:26

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not unless there is a complete change of attitude.

4Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 21:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think most will give them a clean slate, and probably forgive a lot of their sins, but only if we have a flying start, and win, at least, the first 2 or 3 games,

5Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 21:50

They can all fuck off for me.

Because if they do suddenly decide to start pulling their collective tripe out next season, it will beg the question: "Why the fuck didn't you do it when we were still in the Championship?"

Bunch of twats.

6Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 21:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't really disagree with you there Breaders, its just that I think most fans will have calmed down by the start of next season, and will, (probably for a very short period), be optimistic about the forthcoming season.

7Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 22:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can forgive players being shit.

What I can't forgive is a mental or physical lack of effort.

I'd have sold my Mum to be able to wear the shirt. Sorry Mum,but you know it's true,so don't hate on me.

8Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Mon Apr 11 2016, 22:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:I can forgive players being shit.

I'd have sold my Mum to be able to wear the shirt. Sorry Mum,but you know it's true,so don't hate on me.
Spot on Boncey.

9Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:

Spot on Boncey.
+1.

I've already forgiven them as I don't buy this nonsense about them not trying. I think they do but they're just not very good.

10Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I've already forgiven them as I don't buy this nonsense about them not trying.

Try paying £30+ to watch them and see if you feel the same.

11Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 13:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Spot on Boncey.
+1.

I've already forgiven them as I don't buy this nonsense about them not trying. I think they do but they're just not very good.

Correct you are sir .... as I say month after month you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear....... It's not the players fault they are overpaid for their limited skill. That's the clubs fault for bringing in donkey's for whatever reason.

12Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 14:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:

Spot on Boncey.
+1.

I think you fall into the same trap here as I often do - namely judging them based on your own values.

I've always tried my best, no matter what I'm doing.  

Often I am crap at things but I do what I can for now and try to seek help and advice from those that know better how I can improve myself or do things in a better way.

It doesn't even occur to me to just give up, or simply go through the motions.

Even when I am beaten I don't skulk away, I still give of my best so that when I have to walk away, I know, if only to myself, that I did my best until the very last and I can leave with my head held high.

Not everyone is like that and I know plenty that think I'm stupid for being that way, they are more than happy to take the money and do as little for it as possible.

Many of the Bolton team have played and been relatively successful at a higher level for much of their careers so I think it is virtually impossible for the vast majority to have simply become 'bad' players in just a season or so.

I don't even think you can blame everything on the manager either as even with the best plans things go wrong and you need to step up on the field when they do.

For me the culture of the club has been all wrong and this has manifested itself on the playing staff in the way they 'do things around here'.

It seems to me plenty haven't given of their best for a long time and many step out on the pitch already of the mind set of beaten players.

Until this is addressed by strong leadership from the top downwards nothing much will be changing anytime soon.

Attitudes at the club have got to change and those that don't want to change have to be shipped out pronto.

That's my opinion anyway.

13Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 15:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley for example. Never a top class midfielder, not blessed with excessive skill and has passing issues but he built a career on having a great engine and getting box to box. Now he's 30, he's having trouble keeping up with the young whippersnappers he's competing against so he's often late in the tackle and increasingly frequently gets bypassed. 
Not his fault but having played his style all his career it must have taken it's toll on his body and he hasn't got anything else in the toolbox.
We have experienced players but quite a few are almost past it and as JP implies, other teams are just more athletic than us.

14Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 15:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Pratley for example. Never a top class midfielder, not blessed with excessive skill and has passing issues but he built a career on having a great engine and getting box to box. Now he's 30, he's having trouble keeping up with the young whippersnappers he's competing against so he's often late in the tackle and increasingly frequently gets bypassed. 
Not his fault but having played his style all his career it must have taken it's toll on his body and he hasn't got anything else in the toolbox.
We have experienced players but quite a few are almost past it and as JP implies, other teams are just more athletic than us.

Footballing skill should be the major factor for all professionals. Putting the good old shift in will only take you so far. Make the ball do the work. Agree with you on Pratley....works hard not smart. Then you have a mavies with plenty of skill but non existent in most games.....that one is a mystery to me.

15Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Tue Apr 12 2016, 19:24

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:The players that is, the likes of Mark Davies, Dervite, Trotter and Moxey who will no doubt still be on our books next season. 

I think we all share a hatred for them currently but it would not surprise me to see them return to form in a lower league against poorer opposition. 

I hate to admit it but any other side in league one would give their left bollock for the players mentioned.. So if the cunts discover some pride in their performances next season and hit the ground running, will we still hate them?
All the same things were said about the players when we went down from the Premiership. Things haven't changed and the attitudes persist. Weren't people saying teams in the championship would give their left bollock for Mark Davies, Darren Pratley etal. I didn't see them putting in bids did you?

16Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Wed Apr 13 2016, 10:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they can win us league one they'll be heros, just for one day.

17Can we forgive them? Empty Re: Can we forgive them? Wed Apr 13 2016, 13:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They will all be looking a lot closer than a full season just now. More than likely, to the end of this one, and how they can get out of any commitment to the club, whilst ensuring they have a good wage. if they can't manage that, they'll continue to bleed the club dry, but it sounds as though the new chairman is expecting a lot more out of them. Interesting times ahead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum