Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud

+3
Bernard Dennis Park
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That bloke from Rogue Traders, the one on the bike called Dan Penteado, has today been found guilty of benefit fraud to the tune of £24k.

You could not make it up.

And yet the BBC have so far declined to say whether he will be sacked from the consumer show, you know, the show that highlights scam artists and crooks. Like Mr Penteado.

2Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm

lol, saw this story on the news at lunchtime. Funnily enough Matt Alwright declined to comment on his partner being a thief.

3Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It'll be Jeremy Clarkson done for driving while disqualified next.

4Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The BBC have to sack him imo. I don't buy a TV licence so they can pay criminals.

5Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:The BBC have to sack him imo. I don't buy a TV licence so they can pay criminals.

If you don't buy a TV licence why should you have a say?

6Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

He didn't say he didn't buy a TV licence.

7Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Numpty 28723 wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:The BBC have to sack him imo. I don't buy a TV licence so they can pay criminals.

I do buy one. That's why I object to them paying criminals with my licence money.

8Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I buy a TV license because I want to own and operate a television set.

9Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:I buy a TV license because I want to own and operate a television set.

And are you happy with that money being used to pay a benefit cheat?

10Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If they took all the criminals off there'd hardly be any programmes left.

11Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
largehat wrote:I buy a TV license because I want to own and operate a television set.

And are you happy with that money being used to pay a benefit cheat?

I'm indifferent towards it. It's no different to me to someone from British Gas, United Utilities or any of the other suppliers of services to my home doing it. You can't avoid dealing with big companies in life. Big companies employ tens of thousands of people. I bet there are benefit cheats working for all of them. Buying a TV license isn't a moral choice, it's compulsory.

The only interesting aspect of this story is the irony of the particular programme he works on.

12Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It always amazes me how people think they can get away with it. How can you claim benefits and yet appear on national TV and collect a wage without getting caught ?

13Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:

Buying a TV license isn't a moral choice, it's compulsory.

That's what they want you to believe. It's actually quite easy to get out of buying one. I might choose to do this if the BBC continue to employ known benefit cheats.

14Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

These dudes will sort 'im out!
Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Large_size_CowboyB-17456new-640x360

15Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:07 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:

Buying a TV license isn't a moral choice, it's compulsory.

That's what they want you to believe. It's actually quite easy to get out of buying one. I might choose to do this if the BBC continue to employ known benefit cheats.

It's quite easy to rig your electricity meter as well, if you have a mate who is an electrician, but it's theft isn't it?

16Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:
It's quite easy to rig your electricity meter as well, if you have a mate who is an electrician, but it's theft isn't it?

Yes, I'd call that theft. A bit like what the Watchdog presenter did really. Both unlawful things which you deserve to be punished for. I wouldn't be punished for not having a tv license though. If you don't believe me do some research.

17Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:

Yes, I'd call that theft. A bit like what the Watchdog presenter did really. Both unlawful things which you deserve to be punished for. I wouldn't be punished for not having a tv license though. If you don't believe me do some research.

Can you not just tell me what you think the situation is with the licences? I'm genuinely interested. What is it I'm not supposed to believe? You are incredibly vague. I'm sure you could surmise it in a couple of sentences.

18Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just don't buy one. Then phone them up and remove the rights of access they have to enter your property. Job done.

19Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Just don't buy one. Then phone them up and remove the rights of access they have to enter your property. Job done.

You disagree with this then?

You have no obligation to grant entry to an enquiry officer if you don’t wish to do so. If refused entry by the occupier, the enquiry officer will leave the property. If enquiry officers are refused access or an occupant withdraws the right to visit, then TV Licensing reserve the right to use other methods of detection.
Enquiry officers may apply for authorisation to use detection equipment if they are refused entry on to premises. TV Licensing may also apply to a magistrate (or sheriff in Scotland) for a search warrant. However, this is only done as a last resort and when a senior manager and a legal adviser considers that there is good reason to believe that an offence has been committed.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-administering-the-tv-licensing-system-part-2-AB20/

I'm not saying you're wrong, but they seem to be suggesting that if they think you are flouting the law they can use detection equipment or apply for a warrant.

20Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Empty Re: Rogue Trader Guilty of Benefit Fraud Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apparently this detection equipment they claim they'll use doesn't exist. A bit like the tv detector vans they claim to have. All made up. Not sure about the magistrate situation though. Not heard of this happening to anyone. Have a look on Youtube. There's loads of videos and information on there about it.

And we all know Youtube is always right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum