Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BHS in Administration

+6
boltonbonce
karlypants
gloswhite
Numpty 28723
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Mon Apr 25 2016, 21:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sur Ryder is a national charity (hospices) and like many other charity's have high street shops selling donated clothes, books and other stuff.

A worth cause indeed.

22BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Mon Apr 25 2016, 21:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Norpig,Sue Ryder is ideal for my wants.
My aunty works for them
Johnny, maybe you should get your aunt to send her clothes direct to Bonce, and cut out the middleman. Very Happy
Boncey, I know you pm'd me these pictures privately so you could get my opinion without anyone else seeing but I think you look good in them so it would be a shame to keep them from everyone else. 

BHS in Administration - Page 2 2Q==
You thinking I look good dressed like that is a bit of a worry.
Mind you,you're a bit of a snappy dresser yourself. Very Happy
BHS in Administration - Page 2 L

23BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Mon Apr 25 2016, 23:16

Sluffy wrote:Sur Ryder is a national charity (hospices) and like many other charity's have high street shops selling donated clothes, books and other stuff.

A worth cause indeed.

Cheers sluffy. That's the one.

24BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 09:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Norpig,Sue Ryder is ideal for my wants.
My aunty works for them
Johnny, maybe you should get your aunt to send her clothes direct to Bonce, and cut out the middleman. Very Happy
Boncey, I know you pm'd me these pictures privately so you could get my opinion without anyone else seeing but I think you look good in them so it would be a shame to keep them from everyone else. 

BHS in Administration - Page 2 2Q==
You thinking I look good dressed like that is a bit of a worry.
Mind you,you're a bit of a snappy dresser yourself. Very Happy
BHS in Administration - Page 2 L
You're right Boncey, I do look pretty damn good in that picture. I wish I'd known you were going to post it because I would have tidied my shithole of a bedroom up a bit.  Very Happy

25BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 09:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

58, did you burn your arse of the electric radiator grill or shit on it?

26BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 10:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

karlypants wrote:58, did you burn your arse of the electric radiator grill or shit on it?
:rofl:

Cheeky bastard! 

I left a dairy milk on there and forgot about it when I put the heat on, obviously. 

Honestly kp. Gutter mind.

27BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 10:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:58, did you burn your arse of the electric radiator grill or shit on it?
:rofl:

Cheeky bastard! 

I left a dairy milk on there and forgot about it when I put the heat on, obviously. 

Honestly kp. Gutter mind.
lol!

28BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 12:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a strange bunch of blokes we are. Razz

29BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 13:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't like this until I joined here. Very Happy

30BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Tue Apr 26 2016, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just noticed Austin Reed gone into admin too,putting 1200 jobs at risk.

31BHS in Administration - Page 2 Empty Re: BHS in Administration Wed Apr 27 2016, 00:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BHS made the same mistakes as C&A and Woolworths. It failed to move with the times and adapt itself to both new shopping habits and new technologies. People tend to get all misty eyed and nostalgic about places like that when they close down but the reason they fail is simple. People no longer buy what they're selling or they but it elsewhere for less. 

The harsh truth about BHS, C&A and many other high street 'names' is that today a lot of people simply don't want the hassle of going into town, walking around stores for ages and then having to pay more for their goods than they would if they stayed home, went on one of thousands of retail websites, found the precise item they wanted in minutes for less, paid for it with one or two clicks of a mouse and had it delivered to their door in a day or two. 

It's now easily possible for someone to do all of their shopping, from food to clothes to electronics, household items and even cars without leaving the comfort of their own home AND in a lot of cases what they find on the internet will cost a good deal less than it would from a store thanks to lowered overheads (ie no stores means no buildings to pay for, no staff wages, no public liability insurance for a start) and in all truth people want to pay as little as possible for what they buy. 

In truth I feel sorry for the staff, especially if their pensions have been nicked the way the press is suggesting but the sad fact is BHS was no longer competitive in today's retail environment and it paid the price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum