Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gareth Southgate. .....

+8
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Cajunboy
FullofSprite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:02

.....sat next to Anderson in the box. Anything in it?

2Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:09

Hmmm......interesting.

Wouldn't have thought he'd be a cheap option but he's got plenty of experience of working with da yoof, so you never know...

3Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's away all summer with the u21's. Unlikely appointment

4Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:16

Well i was doing some testing in ardwick yesterday. This big Scottish guy claimed to know someone at Bolton. Said he knew a week before about lennon and i just said yeah. ...ok.  because we know what insider knowledge is like on here. He said Southgate was in the frame which i thought was absolute bollocks. Then low and behold he is there today.

5Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question is, would he be welcome?

6Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:23

When you look at all the options we have he'd be one of the top choices i think. But i still think its a bit unrealistic

7Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:31

Given the only options that appear to be available: Carver, Reid & Philips Dream Team or some other desperate gamble like Nolan, I'd have Southgate in a heartbeat.

8Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:32

Personally i think he is looking at some of our youngsters and he is a mate of Anderson. But you never know.

9Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:33

I must be the only one to start a rumour and not quite beleive it myself Very Happy

10Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:35

That's a rare and valuable skill.

You should be very proud, mate. Very Happy

11Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:36

...and you've just been branded a conspiracy theorist by Sky.

Well done..... :rofl:

12Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:36

Smile

13Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 13:36

I know :rofl: get me on the david icke thread quick

14Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 14:28

Hull have a couple of players in the under 21 squad  so guess he would be looking at them.

15Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Given the only options that appear to be available: Carver, Reid & Philips Dream Team or some other desperate gamble like Nolan, I'd have Southgate in a heartbeat.

:facepalm:

Yeah, he has a great track record of working in the lower leagues.

16Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 16:07

Shut up, you silly tart.

Would you seriously take Carver over Southgate?

Daft cow.

17Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 16:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Shut up, you silly tart.

Would you seriously take Carver over Southgate?

Daft cow.

I doubt very much that's the shortlist.

I wouldn't take anyone with no League 1 experience.

18Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 16:21

Why not?

To nick a question once asked of you by Doffy, is football played differently in League One?

Football's football and what we need is an experienced manager, irrespective of whether or not that experience was gained in League One.

Stupid woman.

19Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's more about knowing the players as, of course, you are well aware of.

20Gareth Southgate. ..... Empty Re: Gareth Southgate. ..... Sat Apr 30 2016, 17:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst very few managers are as experienced at working with youngsters as Southgate is, his record at Boro was appalling and even if he was available, I'd be very reticent to employ him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum