Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two new strikers are on Wanderers transfer wish list

+4
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Potential managers of Wanderers have already been given a shortlist of players who have been lined-up for moves to the Macron next season.

Interviews were held at the start of last week with three candidates, who were told the club’s plans in the transfer market for the summer window.

The list includes two new strikers and a number of suggested loan moves involving Premier League youngsters but hinges on the embargo, which has been in place since the end of last year, being lifted.

Ken Anderson, Wanderers’ co-owner, is confident that will be the case in plenty of time for the new manager to prepare his squad for life in League One, starting with a friendly at Atherton Collieries on July 2 and followed by a European training camp.

The Whites chairman claims the players he and Dean Holdsworth have picked out as potential signings have been received positively by the prospective managers who sat down for talks last Monday.

“I think we have already identified around 40 per cent of the players we want to bring in for the start of next season once the embargo is lifted,” he told The Bolton News.

“When we spoke to the candidates about who we’d picked out, every one of them were in agreement and said they would have been on their list too.

“They were nodding along and saying “good choice".

“Of course, it’s okay picking players out, but we need to barter with the agents and the clubs too.”

There is still a great deal to do in the next month before the Football League and Financial Fair Play allow Wanderers to sign new players, and Anderson has confirmed to The Bolton News that he will have to invest the money he guaranteed during the takeover for it to happen.

The former football agent continues to maintain the agreement to put £2.5million of funds in before the end of this season was only “if called upon” and that it hinged on other financial savings not being met at the club.

While those funds continue to be a sticking point internally at the Macron, the announcement made last Friday that the club intends to repurchase some of the assets they sold earlier in the year is an indication they are looking to reverse the financial trend witnessed recently.

Anderson was particularly confident Wanderers could bring in some more firepower next season after struggling in front of goal as they slid out of the Championship.

Zach Clough topped the goalscoring list with seven, followed by Gary Madine on six.

“Without goals we won’t get promoted, it’s as simple as that,” he said.

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see where the squad needs improvement and I’d like to think we could bring a couple of people in to solve that particular problem.”

Source

This bit actually made me laugh out loud:

“When we spoke to the candidates about who we’d picked out, every one of them were in agreement and said they would have been on their list too.

“They were nodding along and saying “good choice".

They were hardly going to sit there in a job interview and say: "Why the fuck are you considering signing that useless twat?" were they?

Anderson's obviously not naive enough to believe that any opinions expressed during interview were 100% genuine, so I'm left to conclude that he just talks shit and the exchanges he mentions probably never even took place.

The knob.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this is the problem with having an ex player and ex agent in charge, they should appoint a manager and let them make the decisions.

I'm with Breaders on this one, prospective managers are hardly likely to disagree with them at an interview are they?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:this is the problem with having an ex player and ex agent in charge, they should appoint a manager and let them make the decisions.

I'm with Breaders on this one, prospective managers are hardly likely to disagree with them at an interview are they?

You're always with breadman, you're so far up his Arse it's unreal. He spouts just as much negativity as hipster yet you let him get away with it

I can categorically assure you that there's definitely nothing up my bottom at the moment.

Stop making stuff up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe they are telling candidates who they would like to sign.

Only one candidate can be successful which means they are providing sensitive and strategic information to loads of influential people who do not work for BWFC and who are likely to get jobs elsewhere with a bigger budget.

How effing stupid is that?

And anyway, isn't it up to the new manager to decide who to sign so why tell candidates that if they get the job, the Chairman will interfere with transfers?

No wonder they can't get anyone.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boggers stop shit stirring and for the record no one is more negative than Hipster

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not shit stirring, it's a fact

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Not shit stirring, it's a fact
 sad little man  Rolling Eyes

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are indeed

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't bite Craig.

Boggers is posting from the same ip address as Angry Dad.

Well who would have ever have thought that.

Rolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boy's please.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm not you imbecile. Don't try and make out I'm him just because I tell you you're a bullshitting boring cunt.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:No I'm not you imbecile. Don't try and make out I'm him just because I tell you you're a bullshitting boring cunt.

Must just be pure coincidence then.

Rolling Eyes

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a shoddy attempt to run me off the site haha. "ooo He dares question me, better tell everyone he's an ex wum because I'm the site owner and who wouldn't believe my word over his"

You're a clown, Sluffy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I may well be a clown but I am an honest one.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope, you're a liar. Unfortunately, your cringey little entourage will believe every word you say.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers just pack it in and grow up

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Nope, you're a liar. Unfortunately, your cringey little entourage will believe every word you say.

People are free to be who they want on the internet and believe what they want.

Your ip address is showing you are posting from the same place AD did.

Maybe it is just a coincidence.

Rolling Eyes

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is that even possible? I thought an IP address was unique to a particular device? Feel free to correct me as i am an IT moron  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum