Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers close to naming new boss

+4
terenceanne
wanderlust
Cajunboy
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 09:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers claim to have their man – but fans hankering for an end to a 12-week managerial saga might have to stay patient, for now.

Although senior sources at the Macron claim an agreement has now been reached with the candidate they want to replace Neil Lennon, there was still no sign of an official announcement yesterday.

The delay may be explained by unavailability, with the soon-to-be assistant manager said to be still away on holiday and yet to agree terms.

That may point towards a manager currently out of work, in particular Nigel Adkins or Steve Cotterill who have both been interviewed.

However, events took an intriguing twist yesterday when Bradford City issued a surprise statement regarding the future of their boss Phil Parkinson, who has emerged as one of the bookmakers’ favourites since the weekend.

Chorley-born Parkinson is closing in on his fifth year at Valley Parade but the stability of his job has been put in doubt since a German takeover last month.

Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth were known to be monitoring his situation but sources close to Bradford claim compensation of £200,000 would be due to the League One side for the remaining two years of Parkinson’s contract, which would almost certainly rule Wanderers out.

Nevertheless, chief operating officer James Mason fired a warning shot across Bolton’s bows by saying: “Bradford City can confirm there’s been no contact with the club from Bolton Wanderers about Phil.

“I’ve just spoken to Phil Parkinson who is on a well-earned break on holiday with his family and who is busy already preparing for next season with Bradford City.

“We don’t know where the rumours came from but can only suggest it’s that time of year when the names of successful managers crop up for vacancies.”

Holdsworth is known to favour a manager with experience at League One level, and one who has a sound knowledge of the club he is going into.

The co-owner also puts a high value on coaching badges, which explains why the interest in Parkinson – who holds his UEFA Pro Licence – is so pronounced.

Compensation proved an issue with earlier interest in Southend United’s Phil Brown, the ex-Whites assistant reportedly saddled with a £300,000 buy-out clause in his contract at Roots Hall.

But it did not seem the case with Alan Stubbs, who was on Wanderers’ shortlist before he moved to Rotherham United after the clubs agreed a compensation package worth £125,000.

Other out-of-work managers who have been ruled out by sources at the Macron include Steve Evans, Uwe Rosler and Brian McDermott.

Source

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bristol City have parted company with Wade Elliott who managed their under 21's.

He was team captain under Steve Cotterill.

Could he be the assistant manager we are waiting to agree terms with, thus linking up with his old boss?

I think Elliott was assistant manager to John Pemberton at City after Cotterill left.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Bristol City have parted company with Wade Elliott who managed their under 21's.

He was team captain under Steve Cotterill.

Could he be the assistant manager we are waiting to agree terms with, thus linking up with his old boss?

I think Elliott was assistant manager to John Pemberton at City after Cotterill left.
Good spot.

Whoever it is I think it's a bit weird to wait to announce the manager until terms have been agreed with the assistant. Has the manager signed subject to the assistant agreeing to terms? If so, even weirder.

Both owners now "away from the club for a while" according to The Oaf on Twitter.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:Both owners now "away from the club for a while" according to The Oaf on Twitter.

They have gone over to Spain to sign Messi & Ronaldo.......

That's Juan Messi of the part-time club "Benidorm 47"  mostly unemployed waiters from the hotels but some have good footwork I understand.

Jock Ronaldo of the "Surf & Turf 11" a non league outfit near Ibiza know mainly for semi-nude Rugby...not sure how that is any use to us though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Both owners now "away from the club for a while" according to The Oaf on Twitter.

I can't seem to find that from either Iles or Nixon - do you mean someone else?

I did find this though on the 'notoriously wum infested - but sometimes funny' Bolton news comments - make of it what you will -

Ok here's the inside line. KA and DH are not speaking, and have very different agendas. Their preferred manager can not be agreed without the other's consent, and as matters stand DH has no money, he's skint and nearing on a medical breakdown. Not pleasant, but it's fact. KA holds the cards but he can't name a manager without DH consent - the club is in limbo until either DH finds serious money and his health improves, or KA ploughs his money in (which he won't do) and takes full operational control. We are in limbo.

I also found this -

Why does Bruce Forsyth still walk among us, whereas both David Bowie and Victoria Wood are dead?

Shocked

(A) Here's one of the instances where he mentioned it:

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/status/740241484222435328

(I can't be arsed trawling through all the other tweets to find the direct quote.)

And (B) whoever made that observation about BF has got a point. Very Happy

Haven't I.....?

Last edited by Breadman on Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I also found this -

Why does Bruce Forsyth still walk among us, whereas both David Bowie and Victoria Wood are dead?

Shocked
Just because Brucie is backing the ST,Sluffy? Razz

Bitter. Bitter. 

He is still alive by the way? Isn't he?

You tell us - it's your shed he's chained up in....

10Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:(A) Here's one of the instances where he mentioned it:

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/status/740241484222435328

(I can't be arsed trawling through all the other tweets to find the direct quote.)

And (B) whoever made that observation about BF has got a point. Very Happy

Thanks.

Fair play to you for following Iles that closely - I generally just scan his main tweets.

11Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You tell us - it's your shed he's chained up in....
That's not Bruce.

12Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:11

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You'll notice that in all these months that King Eddie has had nowt to say...... supposedly still President of the club isn't he.
Maybe he is on his holidays with Ken & Deano.

13Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:14

He's had some stick today (not from me, I might add, although LPP waded in with both fists) for writing stories based on nothing more than guesswork and rumour and he got all sniffy about it.

He tweeted that his relationship with the club is fine and his sources within it are "solid".

Which garnered more stick about talking through his arse and people advising him that he's full of shit and telling him that if he considers himself a proper journo, he should know better than to keep contradicting himself.

Which he really didn't like.....

14Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I didn't wade in as such; I really wanted to but the 140 character limit wouldn't let me. Fortunately I type at 65 wpm on average so was able to get several tweets out quickly as a bunch. In the end Marc politely invited me to e-mail him and I did so. If and when I receive a reply reply I'll let my fellow nutters know and post it here.

15Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I also found this -

Shocked
Just because Brucie is backing the ST,Sluffy? Razz

Bitter. Bitter. 

He is still alive by the way? Isn't he?

To be honest I'm amazed you've not done one of your pictures showing him signing up to the ST yet!

Fwiw I'm not on the BN site but I do read some of the comments from time to time although some of the wumming gets repetitive at times.

Like Iles or not he comes across as a decent enough bloke doing his job to fill column inches every day, whilst trying to find the balance between supporting the club and digging for dirt that might end up hurting it.

My grouse with him is that he doesn't seem to pick up on the big points at all - like why did the debt get so big that it was up there with Man United and Real Madrid when no other club on our scale was even close to that amount - clearly something was going on that didn't seem right?  Or his blind support of the ST - what actually is the point of one other than to give the club life support when we truly do land up in the shit with nothing left.  Did he really think they would buy the club, and if so how the fuck did they manage to come up with £8 million to do so in just 3 weeks!!!  

I also feel that he is being played a bit and certain story's are fed to him for the benefit of those leaking and he's got caught up a bit in the middle with what seems to be going on between the two owners.

Still I don't think he deserves the scorn and ridicule he does suffer on there, here and other social media.

16Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:33

That's my biggest gripe too.

He allowed himself to be castrated by Gartside, so he always skirted around the important issues.

And he's doing the same now.

17Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 22:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And he's declined to allow me to publish his reply to my e-mail on the grounds that it's his personal thoughts and not the opinion of the Bolton News even though I think he's probably bang on the money about what's going on. There's nothing concrete in what he sent me but it's definitely well reasoned and given his tweets today I'd say he does have a source that is telling him more than we're seeing on the BN site, paper or his twitter column.

It's very frustrating because I think his e-mail should by and of itself be an article in the BN. It would seriously help to improve his credibility and theirs despite there not being a single source name in it.

18Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 22:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just do a nice summary Smile

19Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 22:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

That's what I mean about Iles seemingly being a decent enough bloke - he certainly didn't have to take the time to communicate with some random bloke (no insult intended Pete) who he only knows over the internet and email him his two penny's worth about things.

Fair play to him wanting to keep things between just you and him.

What you could do though is mention to him the existence of Nuts (I'm sure he knows anyway) and that we are a considerably bigger and more active site than Burnden Aces (who he seems to favour quite a lot despite it having a dead forum, and a news/twitter site based completely on re-writes of other peoples articles) - and that he would be welcome to contribute on here as himself (under a nom de plume no doubt) with any news, views and opinions he would like to share (not just on BWFC either) and generally enjoy a laugh with us all.

20Wanderers close to naming new boss Empty Re: Wanderers close to naming new boss Tue Jun 07 2016, 22:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:That's what I mean about Iles seemingly being a decent enough bloke - he certainly didn't have to take the time to communicate with some random bloke (no insult intended Pete) who he only knows over the internet and email him his two penny's worth about things.

Fair play to him wanting to keep things between just you and him.

What you could do though is mention to him the existence of Nuts (I'm sure he knows anyway) and that we are a considerably bigger and more active site than Burnden Aces (who he seems to favour quite a lot despite it having a dead forum, and a news/twitter site based completely on re-writes of other peoples articles) - and that he would be welcome to contribute on here as himself (under a nom de plume no doubt) with any news, views and opinions he would like to share (not just on BWFC either) and generally enjoy a laugh with us all.

Way ahead of you mate. Told him about Nuts, mentioned it specifically. At the moment I'm amazed and grateful he took out the time to reply and have asked if I might post excerpts from what he sent me that would be agreeable to both him and myself. Since it's late I'm sure he will be home with family etc and I don't really expect a reply tonight.

But someone on Twitter calling himself @DJMarkHurst hates my guts already Very Happy

He made Angry Dad look calm and collected and Nat look totally polite and reasonable. His main gripe seems to be that I was interrupting his reading of Marc Iles Tweets by posting replies. How very dare I eh? On his second tweet to me he told me to impregnate myself and suggested I am a walking penis (yes I know half of nuts AT LEAST agrees with him).

At which point I suggested his mother must be very proud of how well the education system had served him. He claims to have something like 14 GCSE's and 5 A-Levels and be working on a degree.

I'm waiting for a reply to my statement that he has all those qualifications but lacks the patience to read six whole lines of text and spends his time swearing at strangers on the internet. Or, he's lying though his teeth about his education which is in my opinion much more likely.

I wonder if he's put me on his "friends" list yet Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum