Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do Brexiters expect?

+14
NickFazer
okocha
Bwfc1958
Resistance is Futile
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Sluffy
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1What do Brexiters expect? Empty What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 14:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As a Remain voter I expect immigration to increase, the economy to suffer, benefits to be cut, less money for the NHS, the Army, public services, infrastructure etc, a decline of food production, increase in prices, devaulation of pensions, substantial business failure, increased unemployment, wealth focussed even more into the hands of the few and a return to the bad old days of pre-Europe with constant power cuts, 3 day week, increased poverty etc. It won't happen immediately but with Great Britain PLC losing so much money in such a short time, there will be some impact within say the next 6 months even though we wont actually be leaving for a few years yet.

I have no idea how the Leave campaigners think that ANY of their objectives can be achieved but I'm willing to listen.

So can any Leave voter tell me what they expect to happen now?

For example, what will be done to curb immigration having just dumped our first line of defence? Or more to the point, what can be done? And how?

1) What do you expect?
2) How do you expect this to happen and what's involved?

2What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:01

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What do Brexiters expect? M9zh0d10

3What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I believe you life in East Anglia don't you Lusty?

If so I suggest you simply asking your fellow neighbour these questions as they clearly didn't want to remain in the EU! -

East of England votes to Leave by nearly 57% to 43%
Every district in Suffolk and Essex votes Leave
In eastern half of the region, only Cambridge, South Cambs and Norwich vote Remain

(BBC Stats)

4What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:15

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I believe you life in East Anglia don't you Lusty?

If so I suggest you simply asking your fellow neighbour these questions as they clearly didn't want to remain in the EU! -

In eastern half of the region, only Cambridge, South Cambs and Norwich vote Remain

(BBC Stats)
So a load of students and a few carrot cruncher's vote to stay then, more or less unanimous

5What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i suspect all the big names in the leave campaign won't have answers to most of those questions Lusty, which is why it's such a big leap to take and one we may live to regret especially in the short term

6What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:57

So two hours after this thread was created, nobody has come up with anything insightful.

Or, in fact, anything at all.

One random photo of an Athena poster, a copy & paste job from Sluffy about the results in East Anglia, a "joke" about people from Norfolk being thick and a statement from Mr Pig (which I agree with) about why nobody's piping up.

Come on....let's hear some expectations.

I wouldn't ever vote to change a system if I didn't have a clue what the alternative was, so what am I missing?

7What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I believe you life in East Anglia don't you Lusty?

(BBC Stats)
I have Sluffy and they can't agree on what they want, why they voted and what they expect to happen next.

The ultra rich mega farmers and their cronies are expecting to increase market share as smallholders are dependent on farming subsidies from Europe and are likely to go bust. They expect the great unwashed to take up farm labouring jobs despite the abolition of the minimum wage. Basically, they are expecting a return to feudal England.

The elderly seem to think they are being nationalistic and are still fighting the war. Nelson is from Norfolk you know?

Daily Mail/Sun-reading chavs expect people to be deported and zero immigration so that there's more benefits and better healthcare for them. 

How any of these things could happen I don't know.

That's why I'm asking the Nuts that voted to leave what they think will happen and how that would work as I might get an honest answer.

8What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this whole campaign was sold on the promises of taking back power from Brussels and reducing immigration. 
The immigration problem may get worse as when we do finally leave Europe the French are hardly going to be too bothered who tries to get across the channel. The security measures the French put in place will surely go and it will end up being a free for all.

Now its happened we need to get a move on and start the process of exiting and setting up trade agreements but now Boris says we should slow down  Rolling Eyes. It's as if no one actually believed it would happen but it has, so time is of the essence

I expect house prices will drop but then interest rates will rise so mortgages for new homeowners and for people like me in fixed rate schemes that are due to expire will end up paying a considerable amount more.

We have no national industries to fall back on so no answers there and prices on all goods will rise as we import more goods than we export.

As far as i can see there are very little benefits apart from not taking orders anymore from Johnny Foreigner in Brussels

9What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:17

Will everyone piss off.  My last name is not foreigner and i keep getting blamed for everything

10What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry Monsieur Johnny  Laughing

11What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:20

Voulez vous couchez avec moi? Se soir?

No?  Coulet du poulet!

12What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:So two hours after this thread was created, nobody has come up with anything insightful.

One random photo of an Athena poster, a copy & paste job from Sluffy about the results in East Anglia, a "joke" about people from Norfolk being thick and a statement from Mr Pig (which I agree with) about why nobody's piping up.

I wouldn't ever vote to change a system if I didn't have a clue what the alternative was, so what am I missing?

I think what you are missing is that a large majority of the English and Welsh electorate felt that they were feeling little if any benefit from the EU and their issues of concern - yes immigration and the negative effects of it to themselves personally - was so great and growing that they would simply take a chance and step into the unknown rather than keep going on as they were.

Again from the BBC -

What started off as a trickle soon became a steady stream and ended up as a flood.

The public was bombarded with warnings about how they would be poorer if they voted to leave the EU but, in the end, weren't convinced by what they were told and/or believed it was a price worth paying.

The CBI, the IMF, the OECD, the IFS - an alphabet soup of experts lined up to say economic growth would be hobbled, unemployment would go up, the pound would plummet and British business would be left in a no man's land outside the EU.

The Bank of England raised the prospect of a recession while The Treasury said it would be forced to put income tax up and slash spending on the NHS, schools and defence.

If that wasn't enough, President Obama suggested the UK would go to the "back of the queue" in terms of securing a trade deal with the US while top EU official Donald Tusk hinted at the end of Western political civilization.

Some on the Remain side accepted this was overkill and that so-called "Project Fear" had got a bit out of hand while the Leave campaign was quick to dismiss the naysayers as wealthy, unaccountable elites with their own vested interests talking down Britain.

But the fact the public discounted so readily the advice of experts points to something more than just a revolt against the establishment. It suggested far more people felt left behind and untouched by the economic benefits of five decades of EU involvement being trumpeted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36574526

13What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Breadman wrote:So two hours after this thread was created, nobody has come up with anything insightful.

I think what you are missing is that a large majority of the English and Welsh electorate felt that they were feeling little if any benefit from the EU and their issues of concern - yes immigration and the negative effects of it to themselves personally - was so great and growing that they would simply take a chance and step into the unknown rather than keep going on as they were.

Again from the BBC -

What started off as a trickle soon became a steady stream and ended up as a flood.

The public was bombarded with warnings about how they would be poorer if they voted to leave the EU but, in the end, weren't convinced by what they were told and/or believed it was a price worth paying.

The CBI, the IMF, the OECD, the IFS - an alphabet soup of experts lined up to say economic growth would be hobbled, unemployment would go up, the pound would plummet and British business would be left in a no man's land outside the EU.

The Bank of England raised the prospect of a recession while The Treasury said it would be forced to put income tax up and slash spending on the NHS, schools and defence.

If that wasn't enough, President Obama suggested the UK would go to the "back of the queue" in terms of securing a trade deal with the US while top EU official Donald Tusk hinted at the end of Western political civilization.

Some on the Remain side accepted this was overkill and that so-called "Project Fear" had got a bit out of hand while the Leave campaign was quick to dismiss the naysayers as wealthy, unaccountable elites with their own vested interests talking down Britain.

But the fact the public discounted so readily the advice of experts points to something more than just a revolt against the establishment. It suggested far more people felt left behind and untouched by the economic benefits of five decades of EU involvement being trumpeted.

This. What exactly has Brussels done for us in the last forty years? How many of the remain campaigners wish we had ditched the £ and opted for the Euro? Not many I'll wager!

14What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 16:59

This is where I've got a problem with it all though.

If the referendum had been "Do you want us to opt out of the EU agreement on unrestricted movement of labour between member states?" (although that might not have been a blunt enough phrasing for some of the pricks who voted Leave that I know to understand), we would probably have got the same result as we did this morning.

It was a serious question regarding our membership of a trade body which devolved into a single issue vote on immigration.

Mrs B's got two brothers, neither of whom have ever voted. One's 42 and the other's 36.

But they're both racist knobs.

When they talk, it's "Fuckin' Polish this and Pakky that, etc"

They both work and a large reason why they're so racist is, they're bone idle and they look lazy when compared to the people they so despise.

Now that's not a rational fear of foreign immigrants having a negative impact on our society, that's deflection away from their own inadequacies and shortcomings.

But they got their chance yesterday and they took it.

And no doubt there are plenty of others out there who did the same.

I asked them about their understanding of the potential implications to our economy if we did leave and they both just shrugged their shoulders and basically said: "I don't care about all that stuff because politics is boring."

But their votes carried just as much weight as someone who's spent weeks agonising over a decision after weighing up all the pros and cons.

And in the end, it was the extra vote from dickheads like those two which carried the day.

And that's why I've got such a problem with the whole thing.

Edit for RT: We were never in with a shout of joining the Euro and were perfectly happy retaining the pound so you might as well ask how many of the remain voters are glad they never campaigned for the EU to make us all walk round in bin bags and use chocolate buttons for coins.

15What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 17:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The reason "people felt left behind and untouched by the economic benefits of five decades of EU involvement being trumpeted" has very little to do with the EU. It has far more to do with the ever growing inequality in this country. The gap between the rich and the poor is getting bigger all the time. The average wage has not increased for years yet fat cat CEOs and tax dodging millionaires pay themselves larger and larger amounts of money. Look at Sir Phillip Green for example - he's just bought himself a new jet for £45m to add to his helicopter and three yachts.

This may explain why people voted for leave but it is woefully misguided and under the leadership of the very people who led the Brexit campaign things are only going to get worse for ordinary people.

16What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 18:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I think what you are missing is that a large majority of the English and Welsh electorate felt that they were feeling little if any benefit from the EU and their issues of concern 
Hang on a bit. It was 17 million - a QUARTER of the British people who made this decision - or 36% of those eligible to vote. 

I read what you are saying but am no clearer about what leave voters expect to happen now.

I ask because I believe and have said all along that there is a MASSIVE difference between what they thought they were voting for, and what their leaders are capable of delivering - but obviously I could be wrong so am open to being told what it is I am missing.

18What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:21

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Again from the BBC -

This. What exactly has Brussels done for us in the last forty years? How many of the remain campaigners wish we had ditched the £ and opted for the Euro? Not many I'll wager!

Pre-1973 our economy was the 22nd largest in the world, post 1973 it grew to the 5th. You can argue that occurred in spite of the EU. But given the state of the industries in this country id say it was due to being a part of the EU.

19What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Fri Jun 24 2016, 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I think what you are missing is that a large majority of the English and Welsh electorate felt that they were feeling little if any benefit from the EU and their issues of concern 
Hang on a bit. It was 17 million - a QUARTER of the British people who made this decision - or 36% of those eligible to vote. 

I read what you are saying but am no clearer about what leave voters expect to happen now.

I ask because I believe and have said all along that there is a MASSIVE difference between what they thought they were voting for, and what their leaders are capable of delivering - but obviously I could be wrong so am open to being told what it is I am missing.

This is turning into a regular occurrence with you Lusty NOT reading my post or completely missing the point.

First of all I clearly said a large majority of the ELECTORATE not POPULATION.

I even qualified that by saying the ENGLISH and WELSH electorate and NOT the total electorate where Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain.

It is also absolutely meaningless to quibble about those that DIN'T vote on the day as that was their choice not to participate and thereby by default accept the decision of the majority who did.

So your remarks of a QUARTER of the people made this decision or 36% of those eligible is complete and utter bollocks.

As for what you are missing it seems simple enough to me but your obvious personal prejudice on this matter seems to prevent you from seeing it, it is that people are sick and tired of how they have not been heard over day to day things that matter directly to them namely immigration and the consequences arising from it (housing, health, education, increasing marginalisation in their own country, etc) and they had an opportunity to have their say free from any accusations of being a racist.

Most people are not racist but fear to be accused of being so if they voiced their concerns about how immigration in their communality has negatively effected them.

They don't care about the economic impact on this country in ten years, five years or even twelve months time, they are simply fed up of feeling like they have no longer any say over what happens in their own country - even on their own street - anymore.  They are sick of the feeling of being fucked over and having to smile about it rather than be accused of being racist.

The elephant has been in the room for a very long time now and the Brexit vote was shown to be across the board from all social and demographic groups and areas.  Take away Scotland and N Ireland where the migrant issue has not impacted greatly upon them, there was a tidal wave of authorities ranging from true blue to militant red voting to say enough is enough and we rather take our chances on the own known that put up with this for a day longer.

I don't think I'm giving to much away to say I have extensive working knowledge of social, political and community work and could see this coming in the area which I am involved in which came as a huge shock to the local politicians who had no idea of the disconnect people had because people who have simply passed on these concerns to them in the past are seen as 'racists' rather than 'realists'.

I dare say this disconnect was widespread across the whole country too as the results from English and Welsh constituencies one by one returned a Brexit majority.

We get what we deserve in this life and the Brexit is simply the reaction of a vast majority of people who have not had the concerns addressed in respect of the impact of mass migration into this country in the last decade by the ruling political partys during that time.

Remember Browns comment about that woman who raised the matter when he was campaigning - that she was a racist.  Well maybe she was but the point she tried to make was real enough and two general elections later it still had not been addressed.

That is why people voted to leave.

They felt they had no other choice in order to make their voice heard on the matter.

20What do Brexiters expect? Empty Re: What do Brexiters expect? Sat Jun 25 2016, 00:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What do Brexiters expect?

Well short term we expect to continue reading posts from remainers on the internet about how we've caused armageddon, without drowning in our own piss laughing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum