Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson keen to keep Bolton Wanderers prize assets at the Macron Stadium

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Phil Parkinson has been mightily impressed with the attitude shown by the home-grown pair since the players returned for pre-season training on Monday.

Arsenal remain keen on defensive gem Holding – but Wanderers are not shifting on their valuation of the England Under-21 defender, or the add-ons which would be included on any deal.

Sources close to Clough say the young striker has also attracted interest but rumours of a £1.5million bid from Norwich City have been dismissed out of hand as “social media rumour”.

Parkinson would love to count on both players wearing a Wanderers shirt at the start of August when the League One season begins but admits the club may have to listen to the right offer if it comes along.

“Every manager wants to keep hold of his best players but I think you have to be realistic,” he told The Bolton News. “Premier League interest would be a life-changing move for a player and puts things into a different category.

“Those two in particular have been excellent in the first few days and I can see right away what great professionals they are.

“But we will see what the next two weeks produce. I will reiterate that ideally I want to keep the best players with the best attitudes here, and they fall into that category.

“If something happens where we feel we can utilise the money to strengthen the squad and that it benefits both parties, then we would consider it.”

Parkinson will not be risking his first-team players at Atherton Collieries tomorrow as his medical staff continue to assess their condition and tailor their workload accordingly.

But Holding and Clough are among the players likely to make an appearance at Alder House – now known as the Kensite Stadium – for the pre-season curtain raiser, which kicks off at 3pm.

“This pre-season will be structured,” explained the Whites boss. “The one thing you don’t want to do is get players injured by doing the wrong types of training or doing too much, too soon.

“This first few days is about getting to know the players and seeing what their fitness levels are, structuring it so that is builds up towards the season itself.”

Tickets will be available on the day at Colls priced £6 adults and £4 concessions but fans are advised to arrive well in advance of kick-off as just two turnstiles will be in operation.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14592277.Parky_keen_to_keep_Whites__39__prize_assets_at_the_Macron/

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chances of signing Mark Beevers and Taylor and keeping Holding as well....?

Not a lot IMO.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Holdings gone IMO, it's just to who and for how much, but good to see we've got someone at the helm who doesn't bend down and drop his pants the minute a big club come calling.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:good to see we've got someone at the helm who doesn't bend down and drop his pants the minute a big club come calling.
We don't know that yet though. Stating in the media that he wants to keep Holding and then signing another CB doesn't tell us anything about his real stance and it's not him who will do the negotiation anyway is it?

We may yet see Holding leave for a tenner.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Holdings gone IMO, it's just to who and for how much, but good to see we've got someone at the helm who doesn't bend down and drop his pants the minute a big club come calling.

If you think Parkinson has any say in that sort of decision you're a bigger bellend than I thought.

And I already thought you were a massive knob.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Holdings gone IMO, it's just to who and for how much, but good to see we've got someone at the helm who doesn't bend down and drop his pants the minute a big club come calling.

If you think Parkinson has any say in that sort of decision you're a bigger bellend than I thought.

And I already thought you were a massive knob.
You're that busy being a contentious prick you don't even think about your replies. Ken Anderson is at the helm who has denied arsenals first advances. He'd be there now if the previous chairman had been here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
You're that busy being a contentious prick

I'm not contentious.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
You're that busy being a contentious prick

I'm not contentious.
Ok my mistake just boring & predictable

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

I'm Bolton's most famous fan, people follow my work across the world.

Who follows you apart from flies?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I'm Bolton's most famous fan, people follow my work across the world.

Who follows you apart from flies?
That is possibly the most boring and predictable reply you could have made

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
That is possibly the most boring and predictable reply you could have made

Ha ha, you are brilliant with the comebacks.

I'm almost pining for the Breadman years.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Ken Anderson is willing to tell Arsenal to do one then great but personally I think if they put 5 mill on the table he'll take it. Given our academy status now we would not be in a position to risk a tribunal which would probably award quite a bit less than that.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Interesting comment from PP in his interview, alluding to the fact that as well as keeping Holding for the playing side it could also be good financially as if he plays well his value would rise.
That isn't a line in thinking we are used to hearing here, where we are used to seeing us snatch at the first short term gain.
Which would of course be subject to us getting him to extend his contract.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:Interesting comment from PP in his interview, alluding to the fact that as well as keeping Holding for the playing side it could also be good financially as if he plays well his value would rise.
That isn't a line in thinking we are used to hearing here, where we are used to seeing us snatch at the first short term gain.
Which would of course be subject to us getting him to extend his contract.
How long is his current deal? I seem to remember reading 12 months somewhere but that seems very short for such a young player.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Phil Parkinson keen to keep Bolton Wanderers prize assets at the Macron Stadium Captur12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So he has a year to go on his current deal. I hope Phil will talk him into extending it soon if only to increase his potential re-sale value should it come to that. I'd hate to see yet another one of our 'prospects' walk away for nothing after we've spent years and tons of money developing him.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It takes a special kind of player to do that because his negotiating position for personal demands is stronger if he's available for a tribunal settlement. 
The only player I can think of who's done that out of loyalty is Anelka.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:It takes a special kind of player to do that because his negotiating position for personal demands is stronger if he's available for a tribunal settlement. 
The only player I can think of who's done that out of loyalty is Anelka.
I would hope he'd sign an extension if he's getting picked every week and doing well. I suppose as it always does it will boil down to money and if someone comes in with an attractive package for him he'll want to take it. It's hard to blame him because I think most of us would do the same if we were able to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum