Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle.

+3
largehat
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems nobody wants him!

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle has said he has not received any bids for Mark Davies and would not welcome offers for any of his star players.

The 24-year-old midfielder was one of the bright spots for relegated Bolton last season and has been linked with a return to the Premier League.

Coyle told BBC Radio Manchester: "I'm an open book and I've always told you if there's been interest in my players.

"There have been no phone calls, no dialogue, nothing about Mark Davies."

Coyle added: "It's just the usual paper speculation and conjecture, and for anybody out there who thinks what happened to Bolton Wanderers and losing our place in the Premier League would mean any of our players will be leaving on a whim, they're sadly mistaken."

Davies, signed from Wolves in January 2009, scored four times in 43 appearances for Wanderers in 2011-12.

Keith Andrews and Matt Mills have been added to the Bolton squad that suffered relegation from the top flight in May, while 15 players were allowed to leave at the end of the season.

Veteran goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen was offered the chance to remain at the Reebok Stadium, but chose to link up with former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce at West Ham.

"There were 12 players out of contract last year and 10 or 11 of them have gone," continued Coyle, who returns to former club Burnley on the opening day of the Championship season.

"We've got young players tied up on long-term contracts because that's the future of the club. They'll move us on and take us back to the Premier League, I believe.

"Mark Davies, Adam Bogdan, Chung-Yong Lee - these are all lads that I've tied up on long-term contracts and we did that because we want them to be the nucleus of the team that drives us forward.

"As far as I'm concerned, all of those players are scheduled to be with us next season and looking to get us back into the Premier League."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

basically saying this...

"There have been no phone calls, no dialogue, nothing about Mark Davies."

is another way of saying...

why the hell have we not received an offer yet, please come and get him!

sorry but it is...

Id rather the club released a statement along the lines of.... ''mark davies is one of the players we have earmarked to help our push for promotion back to the barclays premier league from the Npower chapmionship....so fuck off and unsettle another clubs player''

but they wont...

3Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel, if you read the article again, you'll find that Owen thinks you're sadly mistaken.

4Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I honestly don't see anything to moan about here.... and yet...

5Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:35

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il say im wrong if...

A) at the start of the season he is a bolton player and no bids have been received.
B) at the start of the season he is a bolton player after the club have told a bidding club to go and fuck themselves.

6Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well they will obviously accept a decent bid because we're in no position to turn down substantial bids.

7Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 14:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Il say im wrong if...

A) at the start of the season he is a bolton player and no bids have been received.
B) at the start of the season he is a bolton player after the club have told a bidding club to go and fuck themselves.

No, accept you're wrong now you complete fanny.

Where does that article promise no bids will be received? What are the club supposed to do, cut all the phones off?

You make it sound like we have sold all our best players since we got relegated. We haven't sold a single one of them, you moaning sod.

8Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 15:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Il say im wrong if...

No, accept you're wrong now you complete fanny.

Where does that article promise no bids will be received? What are the club supposed to do, cut all the phones off?

You make it sound like we have sold all our best players since we got relegated. We haven't sold a single one of them, you moaning sod.

no im not saying that...

do you agree that we put all our best players in the shop window though?

what we did with cahill was cringeworthy!

we will do the same if mark Davies, Lee and Holden turn out to be amazing again this season...

9Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 15:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
no im not saying that...

do you agree that we put all our best players in the shop window though?

we will do the same if mark Davies, Lee and Holden turn out to be amazing again this season...

No, I don't agree that we put our best players in the shop window. The only one of our best players who has been sold in the last four years or so was Cahill and that was due to his contract.

The only thing we did wrong with Cahill was hang on to him too long, he should have been 'in the shop window' a year earlier than he was, so we would have got a proper fee for him.

You're not happy when we're signing players, not happy when we're not signing players, not happy when we are selling players and not happy when we're not selling players. You're never happy.

10Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Thu Jul 05 2012, 22:30

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I think to some extent you're right about Cahill, but he was in the last year of his contract. It was similar to Elmander..

I'm not expecting it with Davies. Long deal and with him a better chance to get the Sky Millions back ASAP..

11Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:37

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Straight out of Susan's lad book of how to pimp out players.

12Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Sat Jul 07 2012, 21:56

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Copper Dragon wrote:Straight out of Susan's lad book of how to pimp out players.

Was Eddie Howe unemployed or did BFC have to approach a club to get him? bounce

13Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Sat Jul 07 2012, 23:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Que?

Gary Cahill, comprende?

14Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:42

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Copper Dragon wrote:Que?

Gary Cahill, comprende?

You've typed 'Gary Cahill'

The relevance I'm sure will follow...

15Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Sun Jul 08 2012, 22:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you post your address Mallorca then I'll send you the braille version of post 11 on this thread if you like.

16Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Mon Jul 09 2012, 13:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's easy to hang on to players when nobody comes in with an offer !!!

To me Mavies has to show me more than flashes this season. Otherwise he will be another in a long line of players who never quite reach their potential.

Joe Cole is moaning about lack of game time today ....he is another one....had potential but never could do it consistantly.

17Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Mon Jul 09 2012, 22:14

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Copper Dragon wrote:If you post your address Mallorca then I'll send you the braille version of post 11 on this thread if you like.

Why?

Just do the written version. Shouldn't be difficult...

Shouldn't..

18Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Mon Jul 09 2012, 23:04

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can lead a horse to water Mallorca but you can't make it do the backstroke.

19Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Tue Jul 10 2012, 18:10

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Why would I want to do that?

20Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Empty Re: Mavis staying at Bolton - Coyle. Tue Jul 10 2012, 18:13

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

My horse prefers a pint of Copper Dragon..

Yorkshires finest....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum