Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taylor well suited to Wanderers' set-up

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Taylor has a successful season in his sights at Wanderers, and is ready to supply the ammunition.

The former Blackburn Rovers wide man is quite happy to shoulder the pressure of being the club’s main delivery system and has pledged to contribute goals to the cause too.

Snapped up by Phil Parkinson on a free transfer this summer to give his midfield some width, Taylor reckons he has found exactly the right manager to rediscover his best form. And in Gary Madine and Jamie Proctor the 29-year-old may also have the ideal target men to benefit from his assist play.

“The manager wants to play with width and, to be honest, that’s exactly my cup of tea,” he told The Bolton News. “My aim is to get out wide and get as many crosses in as I can for the front lads. Hopefully that translates to a good number of goals.

“That’s what I thrive on, assists and goals, and I think that’s what every winger should be aiming for. If you are not scoring goals yourself, make sure the quality is there on your delivery to give other people a chance.

“If I am in the side that is exactly what I want to do.”

Taylor has been playing catch-up in training during pre-season following his release at Ewood Park.

But after becoming the first permanent signing in seven months at Wanderers, the Oldham-born winger admits he searched immediately for one fixture in particular.

“I have never been back to Boundary Park since I left Oldham,” he said. “It will be strange, I’m sure.

“I played against them last season for Millwall but I've never actually been back in the ground, so that’s something I’ll really look forward to.”

Wanderers do not travel to the Latics until April 15, exactly six months after the Macron fixture in October.

And Taylor, who caught the eye of clubs higher up the pyramid during his time at Oldham before opting for Championship football with Millwall, will look to be firing on all cylinders for the Whites when those derbies come around.

“It’s a long way off and that will give me time to get used to being a Bolton player but I’m sure there will be no problems on that front,” he said. “It’ll be a derby as well, so there will be a touch of extra spice to the game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum