Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool 4-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #60

+14
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Number8bus
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Don't forget we hit the bar and the post and missed a sitter in the normal 90 minutes. We also dominated for at least 75 mins and managed to dig deep to equalise late on. Another day we would have already had the result in the bag by full time - and to me that olis a long way from many of our most recent away outings where we created nothing and looked beaten from the start.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We dominated but didn't take our chances. That costs you at any level

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky went into this game just to keep ball possession, it was a training exercise for the team, he wanted to get the ball down - pass move and it worked.

He didn't give a shit about the result.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we've either got a relatively solid defence OR we have an attacking threat, but not both.
On Saturday Parky picked a team of defensive-minded players and Madine up top looked like an afterthought. Take away the defensive shield and we're still fragile at the back as conceding 4 goals against a league 2 opponent demonstrated last night. And if Blackpool can score 4 against us I doubt League 1 strikers will be unduly worried about us.

If we get on loan strikers as anticipated, they're going to have to learn to play with sporadic support at best.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Parky went into this game just to keep ball possession, it was a training exercise for the team, he wanted to get the ball down - pass move and it worked.

That's a shit excuse Scott - primarily because it's almost the opposite of what Parky said in his post match interview and has nothing to do with what actually happened on the night.

TBF in that respect it's very much like your predictions. Can't decide if you're wumming or that you genuinely don't know anything whatsoever about football or football players.

If you're looking for something more plausible to say to the people you've been winding up about how we were going to whup the Seasiders, try going with "we are a work-in-progress with no money to invest in the team for rebuilding but we hope the new manager can turn it around eventually."

Scott gave up on serious posts about a year ago, so I wouldn't worry about it Lust.

Unless he's posting about Bread, in that case he's deadly serious.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What truly worries me is the fact that no matter whom the manager is or whom he picks we still have the same problems especially at the back. It's gone beyond systems or players, it's some kind of endemic deep rooted problem with Bolton Wanderers itself. Whether or not Parkinson can turn that around, especially with our limited resources is obviously the big question.

I am a long way from sure that he can, not because he's a bad manager but because there are simply too many things going wrong and not enough in the way of resources to do the work needed to put it right.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:What truly worries me is the fact that no matter whom the manager is or whom he picks we still have the same problems especially at the back. It's gone beyond systems or players, it's some kind of endemic deep rooted problem with Bolton Wanderers itself. Whether or not Parkinson can turn that around, especially with our limited resources is obviously the big question.

I am a long way from sure that he can, not because he's a bad manager but because there are simply too many things going wrong and not enough in the way of resources to do the work needed to put it right.

Get a grip. It was a second string side in a competition no one cares about.

If we get dicked at Wimbledon feel free to post your negative bile, until then I suggest you stop treating every defeat as though it's the end of the world.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Parky went into this game just to keep ball possession, it was a training exercise for the team, he wanted to get the ball down - pass move and it worked.

That's a shit excuse Scott - primarily because it's almost the opposite of what Parky said in his post match interview and has nothing to do with what actually happened on the night.

TBF in that respect it's very much like your predictions. Can't decide if you're wumming or that you genuinely don't know anything whatsoever about football or football players.

If you're looking for something more plausible to say to the people you've been winding up about how we were going to whup the Seasiders, try going with "we are a work-in-progress with no money to invest in the team for rebuilding but we hope the new manager can turn it around eventually."
 If he wanted to win so badly, he'd of played his first team.

He wanted to give the second team a game, and he did just that - he really didn't give a shit about winning the game - even if he says he did.

Saturday is another story though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

He wanted to give the second team a game, and he did just that - he really didn't give a shit about winning the game - even if he says he did.

Come on Scott - this excuse isn't getting any better. I expect more from someone with your extensive knowledge of conspiracy theories. Couldn't you just tell them that alien lizards abducted the coach somewhere on the M55 and promised the entire squad eternal life if they threw the game?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:What truly worries me is the fact that no matter whom the manager is or whom he picks we still have the same problems especially at the back. It's gone beyond systems or players, it's some kind of endemic deep rooted problem with Bolton Wanderers itself. Whether or not Parkinson can turn that around, especially with our limited resources is obviously the big question.

Get a grip. It was a second string side in a competition no one cares about.

If we get dicked at Wimbledon feel free to post your negative bile, until then I suggest you stop treating every defeat as though it's the end of the world.
I cared because:

• it was a chance for fringe players to show they can hack it - mixed results there, but they will all be needed at some stage of the season
  • there's desperately needed money in progressing in that competition
  • it was a test of Parky's tactical nous - not a great success
  • it was a chance to boost confidence - but had the opposite effect 
  • I didn't want Blackpool to do us over again - they did.
  • it was a measure of how much we've progressed and how much our luck has changed

Need to forget about it and move on if we can.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Come on Scott - this excuse isn't getting any better. I expect more from someone with your extensive knowledge of conspiracy theories. Couldn't you just tell them that alien lizards abducted the coach somewhere on the M55 and promised the entire squad eternal life if they threw the game?

Ok, it's Brexits fault, parky had a boat for sale and ( at the last minute) some chav pulled out of buying it.

I was supposed to tarmac his drive today, but he had no place to put the boat, he was well pissed off.

He was on the phone ( all the way to Blackpool ) trying to sort it out, not one of his players wanted to buy his boat, football tactics wasn't discussed that day.

He even said, 'if I don't get rid of this fucking boat I'll play the fucking reserves'.

I ordered the tarmac and everything, so it's fucked me up too.

Is that a better excuse?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Have you still got the tarmac?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We don't do away wins .....  until evidence is presented that somat is different.

Last night we shipped four goals to a team that will probably not score fours goals in their next 10 games combined.

We can't say its a fluke being bounced out of the cup by lower opposition.    

If Ken and Deano were serious about drawing a big club in the next round they should have provided finance/embargo paperwork some time ago so we could get our house in order. 

On to Saturday Boys n Girls.

Deano doesn't work there anymore - nice to see you're keeping up Terrence.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:Deano doesn't work there anymore - nice to see you're keeping up Terrence.

Last time I saw something Deano was listed as a "Partial Owner"

Either way a juicy financial draw has eluded us once again.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Deano doesn't work there anymore - nice to see you're keeping up Terrence.

Last time I saw something Deano was listed as a "Partial Owner"

Either way a juicy financial draw has eluded us once again.
And still a director

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum