Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barb was right.

+12
okocha
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty R.I.P Bolton Nuts Mon Aug 15 2016, 23:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This site is going the way of Burnden Aces, we have lost some fantastic posters in recent days, moral of the story is, you let dickheads  post, you risk sensible posters fucking off, and you end up with well dickheads churning out shit to other posters, and sensible posters leaving, well done mods.

42Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Mon Aug 15 2016, 23:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm off to bed. This might turn out to be a bad dream.

43Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Mon Aug 15 2016, 23:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I'm off to bed. This might turn out to be a bad dream.
Sweet dreams of Brucie as Patsy Cline once said.

44Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Mon Aug 15 2016, 23:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm off to bed. This might turn out to be a bad dream.
Sweet dreams of Brucie as Patsy Cline once said.
Might send Brucie round to see Breadman. Desperate times and all that........... Very Happy

45Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Mon Aug 15 2016, 23:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

46Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 00:47

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bit of a bugger if Breaders has hopped it. And Barbie, but in quite a short space of time the banter has become quite bad, almost like each trying to have a blacker cat than others and that's always a recipe for disaster. Also the lack of soccer during the off time might have contributed. But I don't think modding is really an answer. We are all adults and should conduct ourselves as such if we have any respect for the forum and its members. It's a good forum and long may it continue.

47Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 08:52

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bollotom2014 wrote:Bit of a bugger if Breaders has hopped it. And Barbie, but in quite a short space of time the banter has become quite bad, almost like each trying to have a blacker cat than others and that's always a recipe for disaster. Also the lack of soccer during the off time might have contributed. But I don't think modding is really an answer. We are all adults and should conduct ourselves as such if we have any respect for the forum and its members. It's a good forum and long may it continue.
Totally agree. I am not on here as much atm due to health, but at its best, this is a brilliant place, at its worst, I understand people leaving. It is what its members make it, so we all bear responsibility for either contributing or stoking the rubbish, not dealing with it, not being active enough to try to counterbalance the negativity etc. For me, healthy argument and debate is wonderful, when it spills over into unhealthy personal vitriol, I no longer want to view or participate.

48Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Have to say, although not a prolific poster, I am tending to respond less than I used to, quite often leaving whole threads unread. But I always come back Very Happy

49Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have to say I totally agree with the sentiments expressed above. I haven't contributed much recently, partly because of work, but also because a couple of posters just make me shrug my shoulders in despair. 

It's impossible to add to intelligent debate and witty fun when the forum is dominated by those who seem to see the forum as a place to destroy anything worthwhile, turning it into a puerile, dim-witted battleground. They think they are proving themselves big-shots, but actually confirm themselves as the opposite.

We can't afford to lose excellent posters like Bread and Barb whilst accepting posts that simply make the rest of us feel that wit and sensible debate are sunk in torrents of unwelcome dross.

Incidentally, some of the vitriol aimed at Sluffy is completely uncalled-for. I was always taught "If you can't say something worthwhile or pleasant, keep quiet". Of all the people we wouldn't want to desert the site, Sluffy should be near the top.

50Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:32

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry to see anyone go and Boggers and Scott have become a pair of tossers basically looking to post crap and stir things up, try to post glib comments all the time and not having the intelligence or wit to carry it off so just making themselves look bitter and stupid.
The degeneration of threads from one subject into a stream of inanity about nothing but personal insults is a regular event and decent comments or wit are quickly swamped with rubbish.
On another note though I have interacted with Breadman on several threads and thought him to be reasonable and intelligent, but in terms of the toxicity on here IMO it started at the time of Brexit and Breadman was a leading protagonist in that and made many toxic posts hitting out at both general and individual parties who had a different view to him.
I have only been on here fully for a short time but certainly part of the divisions on here stemmed from that time.

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:42; edited 1 time in total

51Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ahh, I should have read the later entries to page one of this thread, revealing that the terrible two have been banned. Well done, Mods!

52Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 16:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

whatsgoingon wrote:Sorry to see anyone go and Boggers and Scott have become a pair of tossers basically looking to post crap and stir things up, try to post glib comments all the time and not having the intelligence or wit to carry it off so just making themselves look bitter and stupid.
The degeneration of threads from one subject into a stream of inanity about nothing but personal insults is a regular event and decent comments or wit are quickly swamped with rubbish.
On another note though I have interacted with Breadman on several threads and thought him to be reasonable and intelligent, but in terms of the toxicity on here IMO it started at the time of Brexit and Breadman was a leading protagonist in that and made many toxic posts hitting out at both general and individual parties who had a different view to him.
I have only been on here fully for a short time but certainly part of the divisions on here stemmed from that time.

Thank God Boggers and Scott have been banned. They contributed absolutely nothing except simple volume of posts all of which was pathetically puerile. I can only assume they are 10 years old.

I disagree with the criticism of Breadman however. The toxic twins were destroying this site long before Brexit. Having had a spat with Breadman I know he can be intemperate but he didn't pick fights for the sake of it and nor did he feel compelled to make inane and irrelevant comments on every thread.

53Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 16:12

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I disagree with the criticism of Breadman however. The toxic twins were destroying this site long before Brexit. Having had a spat with Breadman I know he can be intemperate but he didn't pick fights for the sake of it and nor did he feel compelled to make inane and irrelevant comments on every thread.
I don't know how long the toxic twins have been on the wind up, but after Brexit breadman went into melt down and lashed out at every body and everything, as I stated on other threads about other subjects I found myself in agreement on many things and I found him intelligent and reasonable.
But there have also been numerous instances of brexit references since which started to get a bit boring.
Just my opinion and yours may differ, but we agree on the fact that boggers and scott offered little recently.

54Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 16:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

whatsgoingon wrote:
xmiles wrote:I disagree with the criticism of Breadman however. The toxic twins were destroying this site long before Brexit. Having had a spat with Breadman I know he can be intemperate but he didn't pick fights for the sake of it and nor did he feel compelled to make inane and irrelevant comments on every thread.
I don't know how long the toxic twins have been on the wind up, but after Brexit breadman went into melt down and lashed out at every body and everything, as I stated on other threads about other subjects I found myself in agreement on many things and I found him intelligent and reasonable.
But there have also been numerous instances of brexit references since which started to get a bit boring.
Just my opinion and yours may differ, but we agree on the fact that boggers and scott offered little recently.

I agree from personal experience that Breadman could go into meltdown if you disagreed with him, and Sluffy's description of the background history throws more light on his behaviour but I would still be happy to see him (and Barb of course) back.

55Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Tue Aug 16 2016, 16:29

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I agree from personal experience that Breadman could go into meltdown if you disagreed with him,
So imagine the backlash from over half the country disagreeing with him and getting their own way.
Barb was right. - Page 3 Phew10

56Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Wed Aug 17 2016, 15:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
xmiles wrote:I agree from personal experience that Breadman could go into meltdown if you disagreed with him,
So imagine the backlash from over half the country disagreeing with him and getting their own way.
Barb was right. - Page 3 Phew10
The referendum was/is a very divisive subject though and I'm sure that provided the context of Bread's posts so I doubt that influenced his decision. It would be churlish to leave just because a third of the country disagreed with him Smile

57Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Wed Aug 17 2016, 15:44

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not saying that's why he left just that while he got some shit after that, he also gave plenty out.

58Barb was right. - Page 3 Empty Re: Barb was right. Wed Aug 17 2016, 17:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Come back Bread woman,  God loves you....... even if scott and boggers think you're a right cnut!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum