Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 48]

701NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I think the Browns are as good as I've ever seen them and of course the Bucs have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing like he's in his prime. Either of them could honestly lift the SB in my opinion.

702NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I think the Browns are as good as I've ever seen them and of course the Bucs have arguably the greatest QB of all time playing like he's in his prime. Either of them could honestly lift the SB in my opinion.
Hang on LPP, the Browns will be smashed by my team the Steelers later, mark my words  Very Happy

703NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 15:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't be so sure pig. I watched the Browns play a couple of weeks ago and frankly I thought they looked absolutely solid in every position. There's no question the Steelers have ability but they'll need more than that if they're going to beat the Browns. Cleveland are playing as a team in a way I've never seen them do before.

704NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 10 2021, 23:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Browns must be delighted to get this far given their demise over recent seasons but they've rebuilt well and as PP says they're playing as a team. Steelers have been off note recently - perhaps because qualification was already in the bag -  but I expect them to get back to how they were playing earlier now we're at the pointy end of the year and if they do that it makes them favourites IMO. Too knackered to stay up for this one tonight so I'm off to bed when the Bears/Saints game is done.

705NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 01:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just realised that the winners of this game will play the Bills in the Divisional Round. Could be a Nuts head to head Smile

706NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well what a shit show that was from the Steelers  Shocked

Started off terribly and never really recovered, depressed now!

707NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't see that one coming. I'm getting nervy now.

708NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We made far too many mistakes starting with a high snap and a TD in the first few seconds! After that our defence just didn't perform and couldn't stop their running game.

709NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:We made far too many mistakes starting with a high snap and a TD in the first few seconds! After that our defence just didn't perform and couldn't stop their running game.
I feel bad for you.

710NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going to be a tough game for the Bills against the Ravens Boncey. Jackson is playing well and is more like a RB than a QB.

All the Sky Sports pundits are tipping the Bills to go all the way this year so no pressure  Very Happy

711NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 08:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Going to be a tough game for the Bills against the Ravens Boncey. Jackson is playing well and is more like a RB than a QB.

All the Sky Sports pundits are tipping the Bills to go all the way this year so no pressure  Very Happy
To be fair, I'd expected very little this season, so I'm pretty happy. Ravens will be no pushover as you say, but I'm buzzing.

712NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First half Steelers were just not at it. I guess you can't just switch form on and off and they've been off for a few weeks now but TBF the Browns were really solid in every department.
I reckon the Bills are a decent shout for the SB but I wouldn't be writing off a few teams ATM especially the Chiefs who have been playing poorly but still getting results whenever Mahomes plays recently.
Anyone watching the NFC? I find it difficult to compare teams like the Packers especially at the business end of the season.

713NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Rams could beat the Packers, if their defence plays as well as they did against the Seahawks then then they have a great chance. Watched the Saints and wasn't that impressed and the Bucs will give them a much tougher game.

I think whoever wins the AFC championship will win the Superbowl as the teams left look stronger than the NFC teams.

714NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I think the Rams could beat the Packers, if their defence plays as well as they did against the Seahawks then then they have a great chance. Watched the Saints and wasn't that impressed and the Bucs will give them a much tougher game.

I think whoever wins the AFC championship will win the Superbowl as the teams left look stronger than the NFC teams.
That last bit is the bit I'm struggling with as it seems to be generally assumed the AFC team will win it - and I tend to agree - but I'm just finding it difficult to assess how much stronger the AFC teams are.

Sorry to mention the Browns again, but as poor as the Steelers were, the Browns were very one-dimensional and at some point Mayfield will have to throw the ball. I guess they didn't really need to last night as they just ran over the defence. For a while I thought the Steelers were in with a chance of closing the gap until Chubb's TD.

It's still very open.

715NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Steelers not stopping the run was the most disappointing part of it for me. Even when the offence wasn't firing the defence was still solid and not conceding too many points.

It will be interesting to see if Big Ben stays as he was poor as well with all the interceptions. They need to start looking at who replaces him and the 2 current back ups aren't up to the job.

Watson at the Texans want's a trade, we'll take him (in my dreams)  Very Happy

716NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Many years ago there used to be a couple of half decent UK based NFL magazines available. Not noticed in recent years if any are still up and running.

717NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Many years ago there used to be a couple of half decent UK based NFL magazines available. Not noticed in recent years if any are still up and running.
 I used to read Gridiron UK (I think that's what it was called?), presume its long gone now?

718NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 11 2021, 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 I used to read Gridiron UK (I think that's what it was called?), presume its long gone now?
Never bet on NFL.

719NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 14:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Osi Umeniora is tipping the Ravens to beat the Bills and the Browns to beat the Chiefs in the divisionals. There's definitely a case for the Browns running over the Chiefs who haven't really played well for ages but I still think the Bills will come good.
Personally I reckon the Rams will edge it over the Cheeseheads and it could go either way in the old man's game. Should be an interesting weekend.

720NFL's back again. - Page 36 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 16:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well, I did say the Browns look good this year and they do but what happened to the Steelers? Did they think they'd won by showing up? I haven't seen a performance that disjointed in post season for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum