Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 48]

841NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 06 2021, 00:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jackson stopped and Steelers down to the 31 yd line.....can the Steelers nick it?

Probably! TD Steelers followed by a 2 point conversion giving a 7 point lead with not much time left.

842NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 06 2021, 00:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nooooooooooo! Boswell kicks off straight into touch leading to Ravens TD. Awaiting extra point with just 12 seconds left.

But Ravens go for the 2 point conversion to win it ... and it comes off the tight end's fingertips and drops on the goal line.

Steelers win by a point - and the skin of their teeth.

843NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 06 2021, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the skin of their teeth is right! Not sure why Harbaugh went for the 2 points but i'm glad he did  Very Happy

844NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 07 2021, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a war! After a Q1 that looked like an open game, the defences took over and both were outstanding. Mac kept is simple - mainly going to the running game with Stevenson who looked like he could run through brick walls at times - and Allen mainly passed against an unmoveable Pats defence.
Key thing for me was the Pats getting the 2 point conversion early doors - which meant the Bills couldn't settle for a FG at the death. Thrilling close-fought game...

845NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 07 2021, 15:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the highlights earlier and it was a battle in bad weather. The Pats just ran the ball all game and Jones only threw it 3 times i think? I don't think i can remember a recent game when a team ran it as many times as that?

Worrying times for Boncey's Bills as they started the season well but are struggling now.

846NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 07 2021, 16:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Watched the highlights earlier and it was a battle in bad weather. The Pats just ran the ball all game and Jones only threw it 3 times i think? I don't think i can remember a recent game when a team ran it as many times as that?

Worrying times for Boncey's Bills as they started the season well but are struggling now.
Lowest number of throws for donkey's years - but that's Bellichick for you. He frequently did exactly the same when the GOAT started his career - perhaps a strategy due to the NE weather?
And it was a good plan in crap weather as Allen's pass completion wasn't up to his usual high standards, albeit partially due to great defence.
I was impressed with Stevenson though - he was making downs with 3 players on his back at times.
As for the Bills, they have the points on the board so they just need to go again to make the playoffs, but this week the Pats i.e. Bellichick did a job on them.

847NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 14 2021, 01:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Helluva game between the Bills and the Bucs...

I'm starting to believe that the GOAT and Gronk are in with a chance of doing it again - excellent defence and Fourette in particular is an outstanding ball carrier.
Bills are going to have to go again as they're slipping out of the playoff picture - but they have the players to do it.

That said, there are a few other teams that are looking better and better as the season heads into the home straight...the Pats, Titans and Chiefs are coming good at the right time in the AFC, Packers, Cardinals and Cowboys still looking good in the NFC.

Really difficult to pick a winner still, but the mists are clearing.

Cardinals and Rams will dispute the NFC West tonight.

Chiefs and Chargers will sort out the AFC West on Friday.

848NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 14 2021, 08:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could be right about the Bucs Lusty, they didn't start the season that well but look to be right on it now, much the same as the Chiefs.

The Patriots have been the biggest surprise for me, didn't expect them to be top seed at the moment.

849NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 14 2021, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You could be right about the Bucs Lusty, they didn't start the season that well but look to be right on it now, much the same as the Chiefs.

The Patriots have been the biggest surprise for me, didn't expect them to be top seed at the moment.
Me too. Mac is a rookie but it's difficult to look beyond Bellichick for the reason for turning it around. They have a decent defence and running game but I reckon they can be beaten by any one of a number of teams - but there's always the Bellichick factor.

Chiefs are surviving on their defence ATM but it seems like it will be only a matter of time before Mahomes' attacking line up kicks into gear? That attack hasn't been a patch on last season but the players are still there so I'm wondering what's going on with them.

Bucs seem to put a lot of effort into shielding the GOAT and they do it very well so he's having a field day, but there are teams out there who will get to him at some point. But he's just passed Drew Brees' completions record and racked up his 700th TD - wow.

Cardinals have been the big surprise for me - they just keep racking up the wins and I like the mini QB - but I'm wondering how they'll go on when they come up against a machine like the Packers or the Titans?

Gonna be some interesting match ups.

850NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 14 2021, 11:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top 15 plays of the week...

851NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Dec 17 2021, 08:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Close game at the top of the AFC West last night:

852NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Dec 17 2021, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great game that Lusty, the Chiefs nicked it but the Chargers are turning into a really good team. Herbert is the best young QB out there at the moment for me.

853NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sat Dec 18 2021, 17:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Great game that Lusty, the Chiefs nicked it but the Chargers are turning into a really good team. Herbert is the best young QB out there at the moment for me.
Far too many turnovers for both teams but I guess that just added to the excitement of a game that really flowed from end to end. That was the divisional decider but both teams are in the playoff picture. Chiefs defence was solid as it has been all season stopping several 4th down attempts but there were signs that Mahomes, Hill and Kelce are starting to find form at last. Agree Herbert is a top talent but there are a few other young QBs I like e.g. Murray.

Steelers need to step up to beat the Titans tomorrow (gulp!) and then the Chiefs before 2 easier games on January to make the playoffs at the expense of either the Bills or the Colts probably.
Bills have an easier run in (on paper) apart from the Pats - Panthers and Jets who are both currently bottom of their respective divisions and the Falcons who aren't hit and miss.
I guess we all want the Colts to f*** up Very Happy

854NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Dec 19 2021, 12:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah! Colts end the Pats winning streak. Pats defence didn't turn up until the 4th by which time the damage was done. Unusually for a Bellichick team, they didn't stop the running game and when they had the ball they made bad unforced errors including conceding a TD from a blocked punt.
Looks like the Colts are consolidating their place in the playoffs unfortunately.

855NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Dec 19 2021, 21:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steelers and Bills win!!!!!!

856NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 20 2021, 08:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Steelers and Bills win!!!!!!
i'm as surprised as anyone!

857NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 20 2021, 10:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
i'm as surprised as anyone!
Bills were favourites for their game TBF but Steelers beating the Titans was an upset and just about keeps you in with an outside chance of the playoffs.

858NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Dec 21 2021, 01:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nightmare for the GOAT as he turns the ball over twice, is sacked four times and fails to score a single point as the Saints do one on the Bucs 9 - 0

859NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sat Dec 25 2021, 01:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bills v Pats and Steelers v Chiefs on Sunday.

860NFL's back again. - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Dec 27 2021, 23:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Bills v Pats and Steelers v Chiefs on Sunday.
Great win for the Bills Smile but looks like the Steelers are going to miss out on the playoffs Sad after being demolished by the Chiefs Smile who are hitting form at the right time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum