Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Odemwingie on course to put himself in shop window

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter Odemwingie was last night on course to join up with Wanderers in an attempt to earn a contract.

The Nigeria international striker had medical tests yesterday morning and is due to link up with the first-team squad tomorrow at Lostock.

It is understood that Wanderers want to take a good look at the 35-year-old before committing to a deal and Whites boss Phil Parkinson and his staff will run their eye over him in training over the next two days.

Odemwingie has not played a competitive game since April but insists he is still fit enough to cope with the demands of league football.

He also claims finances will not be a stumbling block for clubs looking to sign him in the third tier.

“I’m prepared to drop down in the short-term until the end of the season,” said the former West Brom and Stoke City front man.

“By then I will, hopefully, have attracted some interest from the Premier League or one of the European leagues.

“I will play my way, starting from scratch, to get back to whatever level I can make it to.

“I need a window to show what I can still do. I’m not afraid to be on League One money, I’m just a big kid who misses football. I want to serve a purpose and show people you don’t have to give up. I’m absolutely prepared to go down a level – I have nothing to hide.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to the guy, he's probably dreaming about playing in the Prem again, but at least he's prepared to knuckle down and take whatever wage is on offer.

I'm not sure how he'll fit in with our squad of ponces though.

Thats the exact type of player we need.  Hungry to succeed and willing to do it!!!!  Fingers crossed he has his shooting boots and doesnt come into contact with madine

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

fair play to him but at 35 he's unlikely to attract another Prem team is he?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Always thought he was a decent player. Hopefu7lly, we will be able to see. i don't think his age will make too much difference, as long as he hangs about the goal area.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't he the pillock who drove to QPR on transfer deadline day,in an attempt to join them from WBA?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Isn't he the pillock who drove to QPR on transfer deadline day,in an attempt to join them from WBA?
Yes, WBA fans made a brilliant song about it

Odenwingie oh oh
Odenwingie oh oh oh
he drove to QPR
they left him in his car

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum