Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A note from the Chairman

+2
Bread2.0
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A note from the Chairman Empty A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 10:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has certainly been an enjoyable few weeks in terms of results for the team and coupled with Sheffield United - our opponents this weekend- losing their game in hand in midweek, we now have a small cushion in second place in the league standings.

The performances of the players in the past three games have been superb and their exploits reinforce the excellent work that Phil Parkinson and his staff are doing up at Lostock.

We take a break from our league exploits on Sunday meanwhile and once again look to make our mark on the Emirates FA Cup in a game which will pit us against one of our rivals in Sky Bet League One. This will be an excellent test for us and is one that everybody at the club is very much looking forward to.

Meanwhile, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the late postponement of the planned Q&A with myself last month.

It was a decision which was not taken lightly, but I will be rescheduling the event with the new date and details to be confirmed on the club’s website.

Elsewhere, I was delighted to invite Poppy Haslam, one of our members of staff at the Community Trust, to experience a matchday in the Directors’ Box and Chairman’s Suite for our fixture against Millwall a few weeks ago.

Poppy has been hugely influential within the Trust and alongside earning her apprenticeship in Activity Leadership, she was been involved in numerous fundraising events for the club’s charity arm in its 30th anniversary year.

The Community Trust itself plays a crucial part in helping to spread the Bolton Wanderers name across the borough and led by Phil Mason, the staff in there work extremely hard to help support people of all ages throughout the town and beyond.

With that in mind, we are thrilled that planning permission has been approved for a domed community facility up at Lostock.

It is important that we offer up opportunities to strengthen the relationship between the club, town and Trust by developing the existing facilities and enhancing the venue for their usage on the community pitch.

The facilities we have up there already are crucial to the development of the club’s up and coming players and with the introduction of the dome, it will only enhance their opportunities alongside those of people in the local area in the years to come.

Please continue to show your support for all aspects of the football club, including the Community Trust, as you do already.

Kind regards,

Ken Anderson

Source

2A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 11:54

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anybody else reading that as a big, fat "Fuck you!" to the ST or am I being cynical?

3A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 12:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Exactly what I whought as I was reading it. I could be equally as cynical though.

4A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 13:54

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I thought exactly the same thing.

5A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 14:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken was involved with ex Southampton chairman Michael Wilde. He has an interesting CV. I don't trust him.

Ken Anderson:
Whilst not a prospective Board member, Ken Anderson an employee of Vantis plc,
has been responsible for developing much of Mr Wilde's approach particularly
soliciting the sale of shares to Mr Wilde and advising Mr Wilde.
Mr Anderson's business card describes him as 'Group Director'. In October 05, Mr
Anderson was banned from holding directorship of a company until 2013.
Mr Anderson has been involved in several liquidations and his record at the
Insolvency Service reveals that he has been found guilty of diverting funds
receivable by a company into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies, and failure
to cooperate with Receivers.

6A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Ken was involved with ex Southampton chairman Michael Wilde. He has an interesting CV. I don't trust him.

Ken Anderson:
Whilst not a prospective Board member, Ken Anderson an employee of Vantis plc,
has been responsible for developing much of Mr Wilde's approach particularly
soliciting the sale of shares to Mr Wilde and advising Mr Wilde.
Mr Anderson's business card describes him as 'Group Director'. In October 05, Mr
Anderson was banned from holding directorship of a company until 2013.
Mr Anderson has been involved in several liquidations and his record at the
Insolvency Service reveals that he has been found guilty of diverting funds
receivable by a company into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies, and failure
to cooperate with Receivers.

Not good but known about at the time that Holdsworth (linked with the bloke who is now in prison, another one with a far dodgier record and the one that dissolved their partnership on the day of the court hearing - plus he himself signed the Blumarble loan against the clubs assets - without any apparent chance of redeeming the debt himself - and brought in Anderson at the last possible minute) took over the club.  Anderson being the one that has paid the wages, brought in Parkinson and all the players in the transfer window, and kept things going whilst Holdsworth hasn't had a pot to piss in since day one!

Yet Holdsworth is still seen as the good guy and Anderson is untrustworthy?

:bomb:

7A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 14:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Far from it. I wouldn't trust Deano as far as I could throw him.

8A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Then can anyone tell me why Holdsworth wanted to get his hands on the club so badly and Davies letting him when it was obvious to all that he had no money behind him whatsoever?

9A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 14:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm afraid we're dealing with modern day spivs. My only hope is that Anderson can sell the club to someone with the cash,and the nous,to run it.

10A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 15:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I'm afraid we're dealing with modern day spivs. My only hope is that Anderson can sell the club to someone with the cash,and the nous,to run it.

I don't mind money making money, that's always been the way of the world but I simply don't get Holdsworth's apparent tenacity to acquire the club without any money whatsoever.

The first thing he did when he got it was to take out a £5 million loan with Blumarble secured on the clubs assets - fully knowing the club was running at a loss at the time of £18 million and would there be a further loss of £9 million this year - what hope did he ever have of paying the loan back, or ever carry on in an equal partnership being penniless?

Fair enough if Anderson came in with a potential 'buyer' in his back pocket, I can see the sense in taking the financial risk but what exactly has Holdsworth ever brought to the table?

What then was ever 'in it' for him (don't give me he did it because he loved the club bollocks) and why did Davies sell to him knowing he had nothing behind him financially?

All very odd to me - and I said so at the time.

All very odd to the ST leadership just popping up at that time too, with Birch behind in their background and the sudden out of the blue £8 million (or whatever it was) pledges behind them.

Out of Davies, Holdsworth and Anderson I would think Anderson is the most trustworthy of the lot - yet the ST leadership just love to undermine him at every occasion whilst clearly being in the Team Davies and Team Holdsworth camps!

Funny that don't you think?

11A note from the Chairman Empty Re: A note from the Chairman Mon Dec 05 2016, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm afraid I can't share your confidence in Anderson (or any of them),but each to his own. I suppose it'll all pan out,for good or ill,in the coming months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum