Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 14:47

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So we should be grateful he nearly made us non existant?

Also, there is zero proof to back up what you have said.  All that sky money/anelka money etc went somewhere and it wasnt always back into the clubs coffers.

542Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It went on the stupid contracts and silly money Coyle splashed out.

Can anyone even think of a decent player he signed for us (not a loan signing)?

Even Stuart Holden when you consider what we paid him over the years he was injured, wasn't value for money.

And don't get me started on how he re-signed Zat Knight on a 2 year contract ffs!!!

Gartside and Coyle were the ones that blew Davies money - the complete numpties - the both of them.

543Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'm still astounded that some fans aren't grateful to Eddie for funding years of Premiership football, a couple of trips to Europe and some top quality talent signing for us. We all make mistakes and his was trusting Gartside to run an efficient ship. I don't blame him for switching off the tap having lost more money on a football club than any owner in history.
 All that is very nice and i loved it Lusty but what kind of supposed successful businessman takes his eye off the ball and his money so spectacularly?

I do blame him as well for the way he just pulled the plug without any kind of takeover in place and left normal members of staff at the club wondering whether they would be paid or not. He had responsibilities he should have covered until he sold the club.

544Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 15:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day, Eddie put at least £100 million of his own money into the club - some say a lot more but even after his repayments it was at least £100 million. 
Without that money, we wouldn't have been able to pay the wages of all the big stars we signed, Allardyce wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful and we wouldn't have gotten into Europe. 

As Sluffy says, Coyle made some bad signings but so did previous managers and they all sold cheap which can only lead to massive financial losses. But instead of closing down the club and selling off the remaining assets to recoup some of his losses, Eddie took it on the chin and wrote off the vast majority of the debt. 
True we almost went bankrupt - and we would have done if it wasn't for Eddie taking a massive personal loss - he could have called in the debt if he'd wanted to. I can't think of another club that has had a benefactor that has taken such a big hit for the club he loves and we will never see that level of investment again - certainly not from Anderson.
Like everyone else, I was gutted when the poo hit the fan, but it was only through Eddie's investment that my hopes were so high in the first place so I can't see any justification for blaming him.

545Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 16:46

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I'm still astounded that some fans aren't grateful to Eddie for funding years of Premiership football, a couple of trips to Europe and some top quality talent signing for us. We all make mistakes and his was trusting Gartside to run an efficient ship. I don't blame him for switching off the tap having lost more money on a football club than any owner in history.
 All that is very nice and i loved it Lusty but what kind of supposed successful businessman takes his eye off the ball and his money so spectacularly?

I do blame him as well for the way he just pulled the plug without any kind of takeover in place and left normal members of staff at the club wondering whether they would be paid or not. He had responsibilities he should have covered until he sold the club.
This

546Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 16:56

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I dont think we will ever know the true facts but he definitely ended up better off as he was never worth more than a hundred million before taking us over.  There was some sort of behind the scenes investors etc that put in and took out.

Anyway, the main thing that stuck in my throat was insisting he was made president when the deal was struck.

Being made the president of a football club is something that is bestowed upon you and not insisted on as part of a crooked deal.

Nat deserved it

Eddie certainly did not.

547Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 08 2017, 17:20

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We were already screwed when Coyle took over, Megson had been allowed to spend £40 million on mostly mediocrity that was 19th in the table.As i mentioned last week, Megson left us with a shite central midfield and poor strike force.We weren't 19th just because Megson was a poor, negative manager, it was because he'd signed a poor collection of players for his £40 million.

The irony is that Allardyce was such a great manager the books weren't far off being balanced during the glorious top 8 years.He got us into Europe the 1st time with a highest fee paid of £4 million for Diouf.Our first season in the PL under Sam we had the lowest wage bill in the Division and spent bugger all, well 650K on Henrik. If we'd gone down that first seasons we'd be considered one of those clubs who didn't attempt to compete financially.

If Eddie did throw £100 million down the drain, it was in the Megson, Coyle, Dougie, Lennon years which were mostly garbage for the supporters bar the occasional decent result.So im not sure we should be grateful for him giving us Meggo, Coyle and Dougie and letting them blow £100 million.

548Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 10 2017, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Like everyone else who was at the game on Saturday, I am bitterly disappointed in coming away with nothing to show for all the hard work having been in control for long periods of the game.
As the manager has already said, “We have dropped three points today, not one.”

If ever there was a game that we should have won this season, this was it. Despite conceding the first goal from a bad free kick decision, we gradually got back into the game and were, as l have said above, in control of the game for long periods,  but unfortunately our defending at times was poor and we conceded three soft goals and missed several gilt-edged chances to have taken the lead.
As they say however, “that’s football!”
We must find a way to ensure we don’t drop points like this and that we maintain our focus and concentration throughout the game if we are to give ourselves any chance of retaining Championship status.
However, that said we now have to move on, dust ourselves down, and show an immediate reaction in our next game at home against Burton Albion on Saturday.

I am pleased to see that nearly 100 of you have already taken up our half season ticket offer and l hope that many more of you will do likewise before the end of the month.
The additional income that this brings to the club will all be used in the forthcoming transfer window and obviously the more cash we can generate, the better our chances are of getting players to come to us and strengthen the squad in January. You can buy your half season ticket by clicking here.

I think we can take it for granted that a number of the teams around us will also be looking to strengthen their squads.

As I have previously stated, we really do need you all to come back and get behind the team particularly next Saturday for what is now a six-pointer against Burton and when l look at the photo below of the 23,000 or so of you who turned out on the last day of last season when we achieved promotion, to have an experience like this again would be fantastic and l know it would help lift the team and drive them on to put a clear gap between us and Burton.

With your vociferous backing from the outset and continuously throughout the match, we will create an intimidating atmosphere for any visiting team.  

We are five games unbeaten at Macron Stadium and we are rebuilding our fortress mentality from last season. Teams do not like coming here.

This needs to carry on for the rest of the season and you, your family, your friends and your colleagues can really help the team out by coming along and cheering the players on from start to finish.

Hopefully, next Saturday will bring the turnout and result we so dearly need to help us climb the table to safety.

You can order your tickets for the Burton match in advance by clicking here, by calling Bolton Central on 0844 871 2932 or visiting in person.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The above table shows the Sky Bet Championship table from 12 months ago. In respect of the bottom three now and from 12 months ago at this stage, let’s hope it is a case of history repeating itself!
It’s also intriguing to note where Wolves and Cardiff were then and are now. This has to be our aim going forward and with your constant backing and support I do not see why this won’t be possible.

With Christmas fast approaching, now is the time to treat your BWFC loving family and friends by visiting our online store and looking at our range of club merchandise. Please click here to take a look at what’s on offer.

Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Kind regards,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

549Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 11 2017, 16:12

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Blah blah blah,23-000 v Burton ( no fucking chance) 16-000 If we are lucky. Also you know Vela is getting sold. It’s like having an art exhibition then withdrawing the Renoir. Sooner we get sold to any billionaire the better. Then Rubber face can fuck off. Holding,Clough Vela the family jewels.Hope Vela stays till at least the end of the season. Who knows what the summer brings.

550Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 11 2017, 16:17

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I don’t believe Eddie Davies put 100 million in. We were in the Premiership for 12 years. He pulled the plug when he had to start using some of his own money.
His accountants would of advised him. FFS wake Up.

551Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 11 2017, 16:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wanderers for 45 wrote:Blah blah blah,23-000 v Burton ( no fucking chance) 16-000 If we are lucky. Also you know Vela is getting sold. It’s like having an art exhibition then withdrawing the Renoir. Sooner we get sold to any billionaire the better. Then Rubber face can fuck off. Holding,Clough Vela the family jewels.Hope Vela stays till at least the end of the season. Who knows what the summer brings.
Think this figure is pushing it, they won't bring many, so I'd guess at 12000

552Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 11 2017, 16:25

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wanderers for 45 wrote:I don’t believe Eddie Davies put 100 million in. We were in the Premiership for 12 years. He pulled the plug when he had to start using some of his own money.
Yep.

553Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Dec 11 2017, 16:54

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wanderers for 45 wrote:I don’t believe Eddie Davies put 100 million in. We were in the Premiership for 12 years. He pulled the plug when he had to start using some of his own money.
I agree, Eddie pulled the plug the season the Premier League parachute payments were going to stop and it was obvious we weren't going to be promoted back to the big money league.

I think the amount of money Eddie lost is closer to 0 than 100 million.

554Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 12:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As we look towards this weekend’s game against Burton Albion, there is no denying that this is an important fixture as we head into the upcoming hectic festive period.

The players, management and staff here at Bolton Wanderers are well and truly ready for the fight this Saturday – it will undoubtedly be a real humdinger of an encounter against a side who fought against the odds to remain in English football’s second tier last term.

What we need now however is all of you, our wonderful supporters, your friends and colleagues to come along to the game and get behind the team with the gusto and passion that we have seen on so many occasions before.

To have a packed Macron Stadium, coupled with your vociferous backing like we had last season, could truly make the difference when it comes down to helping us get the result we need to ultimately put daylight between ourselves and Burton and in turn, climb up the league table.

Tickets can be purchased instore at Bolton Central, online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or over the phone on 0844 871 2932.

We will also be holding a player signing session in the club shop prior to the game, details of which will be broadcast on our website and social media platforms in the coming days.

There will be a matchday special available on Saturday too, with 20% off selected items in Bolton Central which will make the perfect stocking fillers for Christmas.

Your support, both vocally and financially, is imperative to Bolton Wanderers Football Club and the unveiling of the new training dome at the Academy this week – following on from the new gym earlier this month – is proof of what a difference you can make.

I would encourage and ask all of you to sign up to the club’s Lotteries schemes, whether that is the Goldline, Lifeline or simply by buying a scratch card or Golden Gamble ticket on matchdays, to play your part in helping to take BWFC back to the heights where we know it belongs.

What the BWDA has achieved in terms of helping to develop the club’s facilities is incredible and with the support of you all, the sky really is the limit and you can all look back and be proud of the fact that you played your part in that.

Fans are the lifeblood of any football club and that is certainly true when it comes to Bolton Wanderers.

We all have a collective dream here and that is to make sure that we are as successful as possible, both on and off the pitch.

I am sure that many of you will have read in the press regarding speculation ahead of the January transfer window and I would like to stress that no clubs have contacted us regarding the availability of our players and in any event, we are looking to bring in bodies to strengthen the squad as we look to secure our Sky Bet Championship safety.

This work is already underway with myself, the manager, Lee Anderson and our chief scout Tim Breacker having spent numerous hours earlier this week discussing potential targets for next month.

All in all however, the job at hand at the moment is getting through the Christmas period and picking up as many points as possible to ensure that we enter 2018 in as strong a position as possible to kick on in the New Year.

Throughout history, the fixtures and results around this time of the year have shown to play a big part in determining where you find yourself come the end of the season and we need to make sure that we make our mark during the remainder of the month and beyond.

As always, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team this weekend.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

555Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 12:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yawn.

556Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gray Gnomes wrote:I dont think we will ever know the true facts but he definitely ended up better off as he was never worth more than a hundred million before taking us over.  There was some sort of behind the scenes investors etc that put in and took out.

Anyway, the main thing that stuck in my throat was insisting he was made president when the deal was struck.

Being made the president of a football club is something that is bestowed upon you and not insisted on as part of a crooked deal.

Nat deserved it

Eddie certainly did not
Yes - we will never know the full facts, but I think it's reasonable to assume Eddie put "a lot" of money into BWFC and continued to do so for years, despite being led up the garden path by Gartside. The amount written off was around £170 million so that's what was recorded in the accounts and the amount he was worth when he first took over is irrelevant as his other businesses continued to earn throughout his tenure. My view is that whatever the exact figure, it's money we wouldn't have otherwise had - and for that alone we should be grateful. Anderson must be grateful too as he is still pawning the assets Eddie paid for to balance the books rather than having to put any of his own money in.

557Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 13:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What assets has he pawned then to save him putting his hand in his pocket, seeing you know so much?

558Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 16:30

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

After the high court hearing we sold the training ground to Wigan for £2 million and some of the car park to Prescot for £5 million, was that the previous owner or Ken?
On the pitch the £5 million  from the Clough and Holding sales was definitely in Kens time.
We havent paid a transfer fee since any of these sales

559Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 16:44

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

But we also arent trading on a big loss like we was previously

560Ken Anderson - update. - Page 28 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Dec 14 2017, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gray Gnomes wrote:But we also arent trading on a big loss like we was previously
Wasn't it mentioned recently that we are still losing around £6 million p.a.? Smaller investment, smaller wage bill, smaller loss makes sense but we haven't got anywhere nearer making a profit despite Anderson's pleas for bigger attendances and shirt sales. The thing is that selling players and pawning assets doesn't do anything for profitability as it brings in cash but it can only be spent once so it helps cashflow but when it's gone you're back to where you were. Because of our infrastructure/stadium and the associated costs I reckon the only way we'll reach break even is by filling the ground every week and expanding the fan base and that means success on the pitch which can most likely only be achieved by investment - and we won't get that from Anderson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum