Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 05 2018, 19:33

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What an absolute baby

722Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 05 2018, 21:36

As I said, he’s well out of line. Had a pretty low opinion of him as a man before, this has solidified my view. Nobhead.

723Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 05 2018, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think he's out of line, it makes a refreshing change from the usual PR bollocks.

724Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 05 2018, 22:00

Sure it’s a better read, but he’s undermining the manager and digging it players in public, which never works, and it’s not his place.

725Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 05 2018, 22:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King ken gives no fucks

726Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Apr 06 2018, 12:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Sure it’s a better read, but he’s undermining the manager and digging it players in public, which never works, and it’s not his place.
I can't think of an instance where the Chairman tells the manager and players to buck up their ideas where it has had a negative effect other than in top tier prima donna land, so maybe it's a good move at this level as these players and manager won't have that many options in the market - probably why we got them in the first place.

We'll see what happens, but at least the Chairman isn't sitting by whilst the club sinks - he can't afford to as whilst players and managers can move on, he's left holding the very expensive baby if we're relegated so he's trying to protect his money.
I was going to use the phrase "fiddling while Rome burns" but that may be too close to the bone for some Smile But I think this move is entirely understandable and who knows? Couldn't make things much worse could it?

727Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 08 2018, 20:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saturday’s result against Derby was very disappointing and as the manager said, it hurts us all and l think the less said about it, the better.

With games coming thick and fast, it is imperative that we dust ourselves down, re-focus, re-energise and prepare ourselves for Tuesday's home game against Millwall – a team who, along with Fulham, are currently the form side in the division with an unbeaten run of 15 games.

But, as we have seen in the past at home against teams like Cardiff, Bristol City and more recently Aston Villa, on our day, we are a match for anyone.

Now is not the time to discuss the pros and cons of what is happened in our last game – it is the time for everybody to pull together and ensure that we all do everything physically possible to ensure we get the results in the next five matches to ensure that we retain our Sky Bet Championship status.

As l have been saying for some time now, there will be many ups and downs and twists and turns and these have been clear to see in recent weeks - whether you’re challenging for automatic promotion or the play-off spots, there have and will continue to be many unpredictable results.

In my opinion, the outcome for the promotion and relegation spots will go right to the wire and that is why we all have to continue to get behind the team and management and help them to get over the line.

We all have to have the glass half-full positive mentality and ensure that the glass half-empty mentality does not ever enter our thoughts. Positivity will bring the results - any negativity will only bring unwanted doubts and concerns and now is not the time to contemplate them.

It is imperative that nobody feels sorry for themselves and everybody alike lifts themselves and gives that little extra to ensure we achieve what we set out to do at the beginning of the season.

The worse thing possible is for anyone to drop their heads and make excuses, or discuss and debate our recent results - we have to look to the future and not to the past.

There will be plenty of time to discuss and consider everything at the end of the season - our destiny is still in our hands and it is essential that we remember that.

Over the last couple of seasons, we have experienced how intimidating it is going to the New Den and it is important that we reciprocate their usual hospitality when they visit us in midweek.

We must ensure that we make Macron Stadium an intimidating experience as possible by increasing your usual vociferous support to lift and encourage our team and make their players nervous and edgy and quieten their supporters.

Between now and the end of the season, please encourage, lift and get behind the team and show everyone the never say die attitude that you - our fantastic family of supporters - bring to the table in difficult times, as well as the good.

We all know and remember what an important part you played last season in ensuring that we got the results we needed to achieve promotion in the final few matches and l am imploring you all to turn up and give the same level of support against Millwall, as you did in the last game of last season against Peterborough.

I hope that many of you take advantage of our ‘Kids for a Quid’ offer for Tuesday's game meanwhile as you did for our fixture against Birmingham City last week.

Last Tuesday’s match saw us record our biggest home crowd of the season with over 21,000 packed into Macron Stadium, many of which were youngsters or first-time visitors, and although it wasn’t the result that we wanted come full time, it was still a great atmosphere generated by you all.

That is why we have extended the offer of Under-18s being able to attend for just £1 to Tuesday's game also and I hope that you will head home after our game with Millwall hungry to return for our final two home matches of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest.

We have five cup finals remaining and both home and away, we need you – our fantastically loyal and vocal supporters – to be there in your numbers.

As usual, let's be loud, let's be proud and let's get behind the team.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

728Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 09 2018, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's modified his language from "unacceptable" to "disappointing".

729Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 12:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No Anderson update following the Millwall game or is it just weekly?

730Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully he's discussing housing arrangements with Mickey Adams.

731Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:No Anderson update following the Millwall game or is it just weekly?

He's busy looking for a new manager

732Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:20

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He loses in a big way if we get relegated.  Before the disastrous loss of all 4 games in eleven days, it looked as if his gamble paid off... paying nothing, capitalizing (and I can't blame him) on Madine, and staying up.  Now, unless we win a couple of the last 4 games, we may not stay up.  Any future sale of the club becomes devalued, and all of our senior players will leave. Back to League One, a lower budget, and a very long climb back without the support of key players (albeit no one really deserves plaudits for the past 4 games). KA called for players to be playing for their contracts... has anyone really stepped up?  The defense is a shambles.  The only clean sheets we see are against us.  Parky has lost the clubhouse and no one is playing to their potential.  Of course, Parky may be clueless with his tactics, but seeing Beevers chasing goal scorers from behind is pathetic.  Many on here have said that Parky doesn't play the correct formations against the opposition's strengths.  It appears that the gas has run out of the tank for some of our players. What could KA say at this time?  We get 21,000 at the Macron and put in a less than stellar performance.  We play teams who have one win in 8, and we make them look good.  The air is out of the tire, and the players are capitulating.  Of course, we all hope we can find the gumption (and maybe some of our younger players) to light a fire under this team and beat Barnsley and Burton and hope other results go our way.  One can hope!

733Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:all of our senior players will leave.

A silver lining then.

734Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Apr 12 2018, 13:52

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kenny boy decided to put all hunts for a buyer on hold till after the season and further make zero investment in us staying up. Decisions that that may come back to haunt. Having PP at the helm is not helping either. I'd put the under 18 bloke in charge for the last few games.....and put some bloody attack minded formations out there....It can't be any worse.

735Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Apr 16 2018, 11:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I have said on many occasions there will be twists and turns during the remainder of the Sky Bet Championship campaign and our game at Barnsley on Saturday proved that once again.

The way we played throughout the match suggests that we've got the nous and wherewithal to stay in this league.

Granted, not to come away with the three points after coming back from behind in dramatic style was particularly gutwrenching, but in terms of the league placing, after Wolves' victory against Birmingham on Sunday, we are actually one place better off.

I have to comment on the wonderful support the 2,500 Wanderers fans gave to the team at Oakwell - it was simply awesome.

I have no doubt that the levels of passionate noise you generated inspired the team to bounce back after going a goal down.

That you still carried on despite that late leveller was inspirational and I think it sends a message to the players, not that they need reminding of course, that you believe in them.

With support like this over the final three games, I am convinced that the players will respond positively and we will get what's needed to get over the line.

Of course, it won't be easy. This coming weekend's opponents, Wolves, are Premier League quality and have shown their finesse all season.

I must congratulate them on their promotion to the top flight, but we will be giving them a game on Saturday, that is for sure.

Please get down to Macron Stadium and get right behind the team in our penultimate home fixture of the campaign, with tickets still available alongside hospitality.

We look to Burton Albion away thereafter who are fighting for their lives whilst we end the season in front of our home fans against Nottingham Forest.

I have been very pleased with the 'glass half full' attitude that is resonating throughout the club at this moment and we need it to continue for these final three games.

Please continue to back us, as you have all season, and maintain the levels of noise you so enthusiastically generate.

Much conjecture has been postulated about the number of changes to the starting XI in recent games.

This is merely a case of the manager rotating his squad and using the options available to him to ensure fresh legs and to alter tactics.

This was none more evident on Saturday with the introduction of Will Buckley and Craig Noone, who both came off the bench and in my view, turned the game on its head. It also keeps our opponents guessing and makes us less predictable.

Our Under-18 and Under-23s teams are both on course for success, and naturally we are fully behind them as they too head towards the end of their respective campaigns.

Finally, I would like to remind you about the replica kit and training wear sale which can see you save up to 50% off all available items.

If you haven't already got your club colours, why not take advantage of this great offer and wear your shirt for the Wanderers in our remaining games?

You can buy in store or online via bwfcdirect.co.uk, but please hurry as we only have limited stocks remaining and we would not want you to miss out.

As ever however, let's be loud, let's be proud and let's get behind the team in this final run-in.

Come On You Whites!

Ken

736Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Apr 18 2018, 19:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There has been a long standing rivalry between Bolton Wanderers and Wolverhampton Wanderers over the years, which I have really enjoyed reading about over these last couple of weeks.

And this Saturday's match is sure to be just as momentous and one which will hopefully stay in the memory for many years to come.

With Wolves selling out of their allocation there is sure to be a lot of noise coming out of the Franking Sense South Stand and we really need to ensure that all the Bolton Family turns out in force to drown out the sound.

As I mentioned earlier this week, Wolves are fully deserving of their promotion to the Premier League but we must ensure that we endeavour to try and delay their anointment as Champions this weekend. We need the points ourselves and this is where you, our fans, can really help us.

These final three games will determine our fate, and with two of these matches at Macron Stadium you can all play your part.

I would encourage every season ticket holder to attend as well as persuade all your family members, friends and colleagues to get a ticket so they can add to the vociferous support which will really help the players.

Let's create a wall of sound that reverberates throughout the ground from kick off until final whistle and let's make the atmosphere as intimidating as we have shown previously which will provide a tremendous fillip for our players.

Your support will really help us as we aim to get over the line. So, please click HERE to buy your tickets today.

We know from recent experience, the final game of last season against Peterborough for example, that when you've turned out en masse and helped create that passionate atmosphere, the lads responded well on the pitch and got exactly what was needed.

Finally, I'd like to remind you about the 50% discount sale over in Bolton Central on all home and away replica kit and training wear. This is the ideal time to take advantage of this great offer which will enable you all to wear your colours with pride. Please hurry though, as this sale is proving to be very popular and stocks are limited. Please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more details.

Let's be loud, let's be proud and let's get behind the boys for the remainder of the campaign.

Ken

737Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Apr 18 2018, 19:15

More drivel.

738Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Apr 18 2018, 19:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes,get those half price shirts,before we rip you off with some new ones for next season.

739Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Apr 18 2018, 20:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let's create a wall of sound that reverberates throughout the ground from kick off until final whistle and let's make the atmosphere as intimidating as we have shown previously which will provide a tremendous fillip for our players.

Let's see some desire from the team, and a little more inventiveness from Parkinson and maybe the fans will respond, I won't hold my breath though.

740Ken Anderson - update. - Page 37 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Apr 22 2018, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yesterday’s result was a great disappointment, but not wholly unexpected, when you consider that we were up against the best team in the league by a country mile.
We started well and with the rub of the green might have taken the lead. Unfortunately, that did not happen and when you are up against the best finishers in the league where one moment’s lack of concentration or focus and you will be punished, that’s why they have scored more and conceded less goals than any other team in the league this season.
Let’s not forget how much they have spent on assembling their squad and remember that a number of their players will be going to the World Cup this summer.
This week is all about getting back on the training ground, totally focusing on the next match and ensuring we all have a positive attitude.
To use the old cliche, we now have two cup finals ahead of us and it is important that we dust ourselves down, don’t dwell on yesterday’s result, or what is happening elsewhere.
The target is clear for all to see: we need to win our next two games and hope results elsewhere also go our way.
We must ignore any negativity in the media and social media and focus solely on the job ahead. It’s what happens on the pitch that matters, not what is written or said elsewhere.
We have the strength and character within the squad to do this and everyone, players, management and supporters alike, must continue to believe that both games ahead are winnable. We have been in similar positions before, both last season and this and the team have delivered and that must now be everyone’s sole focus.
Now is not the time to point the finger or lay the blame, or debate what has taken place. Now is the time to focus on the next two games and not the past and for the Bolton family to get behind the team, as you have done all season, and help ensure we retain our Championship status. There will be plenty of time at the end of the season to look back and see what we can do better next season.
It is vitally important that everyone remains confident and fully supportive.
I personally continue to be positive about our destiny and l know the management and squad are on the same lines and with this attitude l believe we will get the results we need.
As always let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s all get behind the team for these last two games.
Ken

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum