Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music thread

+25
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Kane57
y2johnny
Sluffy
okocha
wessy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
DEANO82
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Reebok Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Bread2.0
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
whatsgoingon
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Hip Priest
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 08 2016, 18:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
Hip Priest wrote:Nice one Banksy. This is from"Live at the Fillmore East 1969".

One of my favourite Neil Young tracks. I still think Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is his best album.
I have to agree on that Miles, that is a great album much missed because of the two that followed. 
I had the good fortune to see NY at Leeds this year, half expecting him to be fucked, but the opposite was the case. The Promise of the Real, containing a couple of Willie Nelson's lads drove him on to keep up with the young guns.
As it happens he did Down By The River and Hank to Hendrix in his set.

22Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 10:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm off to Antwerp to see The Pixies in a couple of weeks time. I can't get to grips with their new album but looking forward to hearing some of their classics. This, Hey, my favourite of theirs I think.

23Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 11:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm going to see them at the Apollo in a few weeks, can't wait  Very Happy

I love the early Surfer Rosa & Come on Pilgrim stuff personally and Doolittle is great as well . Not listened to the new album yet but its supposed to be better than the last one.

24Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 12:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Here's one for you two with echoes of those great late 80's / early 90's days:

Always loved a bit of Mouldy Bob.

25Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 12:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

never heard much of his stuff other than a couple of Sugar albums, you a big Husker Du fan Breaders?

26Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 14:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad news about one of my favourite bands from the 90's - Lush. They reformed about a year ago but have now decided to call it quits again. They have one last gig in Manchester next Friday which i'm going to. 
Here's one of their best songs

27Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 14:07

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i'm going to see them at the Apollo in a few weeks, can't wait  Very Happy

I love the early Surfer Rosa & Come on Pilgrim stuff personally and Doolittle is great as well . Not listened to the new album yet but its supposed to be better than the last one.

I'm working on it. Some I like and others I just can't get into. Its one of those that needs time investing in it if you can be bothered. I will not give up though.

28Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 14:14

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Sad news about one of my favourite bands from the 90's - Lush. They reformed about a year ago but have now decided to call it quits again. They have one last gig in Manchester next Friday which i'm going to. 

Quality tune that, Norpig.

I originally got into Lush through the design of their record sleeves before I knew their music. They were on 4AD, along with the likes of The Pixies, Breeders, The The, Xmal Deutschland, Cocteau Twins etc. and all their stuff was designed by my favourite designer Vaughan Oliver. Being a designer myself, I guess he and 4AD had a big influence on my music taste at the time.

29Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 14:24

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Along with Everything But The Girl (before they went all popular and shit), as I remember.

Each And Every One is a classic tune, that thing about stepping off a train and missing someone is not.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong and they were on Blanco Y Negro and not 4AD.

Oh well......getting old now and the memory's going a bit.

30Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Nov 16 2016, 15:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:Sad news about one of my favourite bands from the 90's - Lush. They reformed about a year ago but have now decided to call it quits again. They have one last gig in Manchester next Friday which i'm going to. 

Quality tune that, Norpig.

I originally got into Lush through the design of their record sleeves before I knew their music. They were on 4AD, along with the likes of The Pixies, Breeders, The The, Xmal Deutschland, Cocteau Twins etc. and all their stuff was designed by my favourite designer Vaughan Oliver. Being a designer myself, I guess he and 4AD had a big influence on my music taste at the time.
i was a big fan of all things 4AD as well, the Pale Saints were another good band

31Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Nov 17 2016, 11:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doing a very boring job at work today so got my ipod on and listening to the amazing Nick Drake and his albums, this is one of my favourites of his

32Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Nov 17 2016, 14:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Doing a very boring job at work today so got my ipod on and listening to the amazing Nick Drake and his albums, this is one of my favourites of his

This is great. I'm not familiar with his Pink Moon album but will give it a listen. I'm just enjoying Stina Nordenstam's, And She Closed Her Eyes album. Keeps me calm.

33Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

34Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:26

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Heard this on the radio at lunchtime.

Unbelievable.

That's no age at all - Sad news indeed.

35Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:

Heard this on the radio at lunchtime.

Unbelievable.

That's no age at all - Sad news indeed.

That is sad news. I used to love the Inspirals... so much so that I once had my hair cut like the lead singer.

36Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 15:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

very sad, i'm a massive Inspirals fan and have been to see them 2-3 times in the last few years and about 6-7 times in total.
RIP Gilly

37Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 15:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one of my favourite Inspirals tunes

38Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 16:38

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When going to Student Ritzys on a Tuesday evening, I used to have to leave the house with my t-shirt on back to front so my mum couldn't see the logo.

And because I was a bit pampered, I couldn't work our washing machine, so I had to sneak it in the shower with me and wash it with shampoo.

Not very R&R that, is it...?

39Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 19:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Just for Fin.
Saw at the Bridgewater last night. What a set of pipes, a very tortured woman but a marvellous musician.

40Music thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Nov 22 2016, 20:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:When going to Student Ritzys on a Tuesday evening, I used to have to leave the house with my t-shirt on back to front so my mum couldn't see the logo.

And because I was a bit pampered, I couldn't work our washing machine, so I had to sneak it in the shower with me and wash it with shampoo.

Not very R&R that, is it...?
i was going to get one at the last gig of theirs i went to but then i remembered i have a kid who can read  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum