Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other games being played today thread.

+16
Norpig
Bread2.0
NickFazer
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
DEANO82
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
wessy
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pay to play... everyone playing for a spot and a salary on next year's team.  They will step up and overwhelm Bury... a two-goal victory.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We will win ffs!

Where's everybody's bottle gone?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:We will win ffs!

It's not our bottle that's in question here, it's more to do with the teams bottle.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:

It's not our bottle that's in question here, it's more to do with the teams bottle.

Jesus Christ Martin, do you really believe that eleven grown men who are paid to do the job they do simply all go to pieces when a little bit of pressure is applied to the situation of them playing, at home, against a vastly inferior team over nearly all of the season?

Did anybody look at Oldham's record under Sheridan before we played them? If they had they would have seen that they had an almost identical record as ourselves during those months and as such Oldham were actually one of the form teams of the division.

It therefore made sense for Parkinson to set the team up for the draw which - but for a bit of very bad luck for their goal - did anyone see it on the highlights - we would have obtained.

Bury are not the same quality as Oldham and if it wasn't for Port Vale - who we play next incidentally - would be relegated this season.

We are going to beat both Bury and Port Vale relatively easily and be promoted to the Championship for next season as both of these teams won't be able to simply park the bus because they need the points - and thus the potential loss of Madine to our attacking plans will not be as crucial to us.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Jesus Christ Martin, do you really believe that eleven grown men who are paid to do the job they do simply all go to pieces when a little bit of pressure is applied to the situation of them playing, at home, against a vastly inferior team over nearly all of the season?

Did anybody look at Oldham's record under Sheridan before we played them?  If they had they would have seen that they had an almost identical record as ourselves during those months and as such Oldham were actually one of the form teams of the division.

It therefore made sense for Parkinson to set the team up for the draw which - but for a bit of very bad luck for their goal - did anyone see it on the highlights - we would have obtained.

Bury are not the same quality as Oldham and if it wasn't for Port Vale - who we play next incidentally - would be relegated this season.

We are going to beat both Bury and Port Vale relatively easily and be promoted to the Championship for next season as both of these teams won't be able to simply park the bus because they need the points - and thus the potential loss of Madine to our attacking plans will not be as crucial to us.

We'll backtrack to this post next Saturday at 5.50 see how it lies then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Jesus Christ Martin, do you really believe that eleven grown men who are paid to do the job they do simply all go to pieces when a little bit of pressure is applied to the situation of them playing, at home, against a vastly inferior team over nearly all of the season?

Er, yes. Football history is littered with "superior" teams who bottled it at the last minute.

I think this team is more than capable of fucking it up, is this your first season following Bolton?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chesterfield got relegated today.

Were they a decent team two weeks ago when we couldn't score against them?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bread2.0 wrote:Chesterfield got relegated today.

We should win and we will win... but Parky has not figured it out yet.  We can't play the same way we played with Madine up front.  No goals in 3 games.  2 shots on target in the last 2 games.  Unacceptable.  Wake up and we'll move up!  We will win tomorrow night.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Amen brother Bread

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The fixtures have not helped us in this run in, playing 2 games in a row the day after everyone else really heaps the pressure on us.

I was confident about tomorrow, but after today's results, I think we're going to make a pigs ear of it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:

Amen brother Bread

Chesterfield came for a point and got it - they couldn't do the same with just three matches to go to the end of the season - and that is the difference between what they did and the Bury and Port Vale games. -

Sluffy wrote: these teams won't be able to simply park the bus because they need the points - and thus the potential loss of Madine to our attacking plans will not be as crucial to us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy i'm all for positive thinking but look at our last few games, we can't score goals and the pressure has got to them. Couple that with Bury needing the points to stay out out of the bottom four and it makes for squeaky bum time tonight.

I'm hoping Parky takes the handbrake off and goes for it for once but i'm not optimistic as again Parky has no proper plan B for when Madine is out

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Chesterfield came for a point and got it.

Chesterfield were by far the better team and would have won with better finishing.

They certainly didn't come for a point.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Did anybody look at Oldham's record under Sheridan before we played them?  If they had they would have seen that they had an almost identical record as ourselves during those months and as such Oldham were actually one of the form teams of the division.

Still feel the same Sluffy?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fake News!

We beat Oldham 4-0 and stuck 12 past Bury last night.

We were then duly promoted to the Championship with the highest points total of any team...ever.

The attendance at the game was 2.6 million - another record.

It was beautiful, folks....really beautiful. You shoulda seen it......beautiful.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Still feel the same Sluffy?

Dear God, how old are you?

So I got a football prediction wrong - it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.

Yes, I thought they would win easily - they should have done too - but they didn't.

I think now we need four points from our last two games (because I can see Fleetwood winning both their last two).

If I get this prediction wrong as well, will you post this up and gloat again - even though that would mean we didn't get automatic promotion?

Do you really care more that I'm proved wrong than the club actually wins?

Clearly my personal troll does.

I thought you were much better than that.

Or did I get that wrong as well.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was a genuine question as you seemed so sure, someone is taking the internet too seriously again

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:it was a genuine question as you seemed so sure, someone is taking the internet too seriously again

I've always been sure we would get promoted.

I thought originally via the play offs - hence my points prediction in RT's competition - and since the season got under way I've thought we would do even better and get automatic promotion - see the thread I started after the transfer window mid season about where we would finish, where I was one of only two people to say we would go straight up.

I've said we would get promoted all season long - right from the very beginning - so with our destiny still within our own hands with just two games to go - why should I suddenly change my mind now?

As for taking the internet seriously - I don't.

But if you want to believe I do, especially because a grown man who follows me about, trolling me all the time on here, says I do - then that's up to you.

Either way I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to hear it Sluffy.

As for not taking the internet seriously we'll have to agree to disagree on that one

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We'll smash Oldham tomorrow and confirm promotion V bury. Party knows his way around big games
Everyone gets predictions wrong with this team, even Boggers who often has decent inside info. The reality is that our performances are so unpredictable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum