Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson appeals for unity after Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson spat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson has asked fans to rally behind his players at the Macron today to end a week from hell.

Walsall provide the opposition for a game which has hardly been given a moment’s thought in the last few days, as the row between Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson rumbled on.

Discord in the boardroom has snatched all the headlines in the build-up to the Saddlers’ visit but Parkinson is confident the worst is now over.

And speaking to The Bolton News, the manager has appealed to supporters to help his team finish a testing week on a high.

“We need the fans to pull together for us,” he said yesterday. “I think this has come to a crescendo now between the owners and I hope it can be a catalyst to move the club forward from what has become a messy situation.

“It can’t go on like this. Everyone knows we’ve been operating this season in very difficult circumstances. It has been going on for a while and as a management team we want it resolved.

“We want the talk to be about this great football club. I want the back pages to be about football. That is the way it should be.”

With Lawrie Wilson out for the season and Andy Taylor a doubt with a groin injury, Parkinson could name a new-look team – including a potential home debut for striker Adam Le Fondre.

Viv Solomon-Otabor, Filipe Morais and Chris Long could also make their first starts at the Macron.

And while there has been no shortage of disturbance this week as the Anderson-Holdsworth spat went into the public domain, the Whites boss remains upbeat that an injection of new players can inspire a first win of 2017.

“We have had a good week,” he said. “Getting to know the new lads has been good.

“Despite the off-the-pitch distraction the new players have brought a real energy to the place and I am looking forward to seeing a bit of freshness out there on the pitch.

“Two or three might be starting, or coming off the bench, so there will be an excitement about the game that I hope can give everyone a lift.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15085102.Parkinson__It__39_s_time_to_put_the_mess_behind_us/?ref=mr&lp=9

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum