Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sordell strikes bar in 88th minute makes you wonder what would have happenned if?

+9
BoltonTillIDie
largehat
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Born to be a wanderer
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

He got game time on our relegation run in.He played an excellent second half and almost snatched a winner in the 88th minute after Aaroan Ramsey cocked up a short corner which led to Senagals equaliser.Looked like he can hold the ball up well.strong good touch and only inches away from a goal.If Petrov and CYL can supply the lad i reckon he will get 25 plus if not more for us.He bagged 10 for Watford when we bought him.Maybe Coyle will play him now.Had a great game IMO.Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:He got game time on our relegation run in.He played an excellent second half and almost snatched a winner in the 88th minute after Aaroan Ramsey cocked up a short corner which led to Senagals equaliser.Looked like he can hold the ball up well.strong good touch and only inches away from a goal.If Petrov and CYL can supply the lad i reckon he will get 25 plus if not more for us.He bagged 10 for Watford when we bought him.Maybe Coyle will play him now.Had a great game IMO.Very Happy

We already have several strikers who can miss the target with ease.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hard to say what would have happened if he'd played more last season.

But if he'd scored last night, the crowd would have gone berserk, he could have become a national hero overnight. He would have put a massive smile on the faces of all the Bolton fans rooting for him to do well. He'd have raised the morale of the club to new heights - inspired the rest of the squad and made them determined to go and face the new season with energy, drive, commitment and hope for an instant return to the big time.

As it was, the chance for glory came and he blew it.

Ah well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I blame Coyle.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I blame Eddie Davies.

He needs to get a new chairman who can choose a decent manager who can sign a proper goalscorer who can score lots of goals and cheer us all the fcuk up.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When was the last time a Bolton player scored 20 goals in a season?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

2000/1

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah I just looked - 24 that season. Can't we get him back?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody Hell, 11 seasons without a player reaching 20 goals. Coyle out!

What a season that was though for Ricketts, the fat bastard couldn't miss.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The same season Holdsworth scored 15, Frandsen 8 and Gudni scored 10!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:The same season Holdsworth scored 15, Frandsen 8 and Gudni scored 10!

The whole team had goals in them, even defenders. I can't see Ngog scoring 10 next season.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,
But to be young was very heaven!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was a big advocate for Sordell getting a bit of playing time... but he didn't, and we went down.

Sorry lads but..... We need to move on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: We need to move on.

I'm pretty sure that's my catchphrase now.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bring Klasnic back ..... at this level he could get a hat full ....but has to actually play every game of course.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got slightly overexcited when the ball came to Sordell for that chance. He had a great position, got the ball on his better side and I had visions of him suddenly putting another 5 million on his value - but it wasn't to be.
He had an OK game - decent movement and link up play, but I'd like to see him crashing the ball into the net now. He might not get another chance. Gutted he didn't score as he would have been all fired up for the season.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was a big advocate for Sordell getting a bit of playing time... but he didn't, and we went down.

Sorry lads but..... We need to move on.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, that's a great post.

"Why didn't Sordell play?" is the new "Why did we sell Al-Habsi?" for unimaginative, moaning, obvious, predictable sods to keep going on and on and on and on about. Its all been said before, it is long gone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I am now convinced Largehat and Hipster are either the same person, or having sexual intercourse. Can the mods please investigage which one it is.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

I am now convinced Largehat and Hipster are either the same person, or having sexual intercourse. Can the mods please investigage which one it is.

lol!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Why did we sell Al Habsi, though?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum