Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why don't BWFC broadcast friendlies online?

+3
largehat
terenceanne
jayjay23
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why?

That Scottish team charged £3 to watch the match online. Could BWFC not do similar?

I know you say people don't care about friendlies but there are enough interested people for all the USA clubs to broadcast them and several Scottish clubs. Plus a number of English clubs show friendlies on their own tv channels.

Why don't we?

Even for free it would be worthwhile. It would drive visitors to the website for one thing - people who would rarely go to the official site otherwise. So there would be a great marketing opportunity there. Plus sponsors and adverts could show messages during the match. It has to be a decent outlet for some revenue, is it not?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Welcome to BWFC ..... small time thinking. Marketing and promotion of our club is not cutting edge shall we say.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well we only have about one home friendly per season and it is 10 quid to watch in person, and about 8,000 turn up for them. There's your answer Jayjay.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said before but the media and "new media" side of the club, and Premiership football as a whole is absolutely terrible.

It's not everybody's cup of tea but when i see the amount of free content provided by american sports teams i really do feel sad at the lack of engagement by BWFC.

I would go as far to say the clubs media strategy is in the dark ages compared to across the pond.

I'm not just talking about interviews either, I'm talking about promotional occasions, ticket packages, meet and greets, open practices, media days, community engagement, charity events.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote: I'm talking about promotional occasions, ticket packages, meet and greets, open practices, media days, community engagement, charity events.

Would you go to any of them?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote: I'm talking about promotional occasions, ticket packages, meet and greets, open practices, media days, community engagement, charity events.

Would you go to any of them?

If i lived in Bolton, absolutely.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And the worst thing is that both Sky and BBC don't even show Bolton's friendlies scores, or result, online or on their text services - so all twitter and facebook based on fans accounts until BWFC decide to release s report into their own game much later on.....

Like the first Scottish friendly. On both BBC and Sky text and online services and Sky Sports News not oen mention but they should Almere City v Hartlepool scores!!!!! So some shitty concrete city has presidence over Bolton or/and Scottish teams!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If i lived in Bolton, absolutely.

Oh you don't live in Bolton? I bet you don't get to many games then? You're going to struggle to find internet links next season I reckon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's going old school - Ceefax.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:If i lived in Bolton, absolutely.

Oh you don't live in Bolton? I bet you don't get to many games then? You're going to struggle to find internet links next season I reckon.

Nope i live in Scotland.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I watched Exeter vs Bolton on Ceefax in 1992. We won 3-1. Andy Walker 2 and Nicky Spooner with the other. Great game. Ceefax shits on Sky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum