Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Madine thanks Bolton fans for his 'second chance'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Madine has thanked Wanderers fans for giving him a second chance this season and hopes he will have an opportunity to reward their faith in the Championship.

Relegated 12 months ago, having suffered a strained relationship with former boss Neil Lennon, the former Sheffield Wednesday striker’s career at the Macron has come around 180 degrees during the promotion run-in.

Madine played the final two games with a serious shoulder injury to help see the team over the line and was given a standing ovation on both occasions.

Now the 26-year-old is planning to speak with chairman Ken Anderson about a new deal to stay with the Whites for a third campaign.

“I’ll knock on his door and see what he’s got to say,” Madine told The Bolton News.

“I feel like I’ve contributed this season. Going up in front of your own fans was a brilliant feeling. A year ago we were getting booed off the pitch.

“I’m glad the fans gave me the chance to change their minds on me.

“They’ve got a new chant for me – I can’t say it in a family newspaper – but it’s great and I hope I can hear it again next season.”

Madine finished as joint top-scorer with Josh Vela on 10 goals and reckons the January additions of more attacking threats in Filipe Morais and Adam Le Fondre proved pivotal to securing an automatic promotion place.

“With everything that has gone on, we don’t know too much about the money problems but we’ve still brought in people like Fil Morais and Adam Le Fondre, who have made a massive difference to us,” he said.

“There was a lot of pressure on us. Even in the last game there are 20,000 people all looking down and expecting us to finish the job off.

“But Alfie has got the goals and Fil has ended up with 14-15 assists. It’s been a very good move. They were probably on decent money but the chairman has pushed the boat out and it has been worth it. All credit is due to the manager and the chairman for that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum