Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Interested In England Left Back....

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

....Steph Houghton.

Ok, I made that up. But she's pretty good isn't she....like a female Ricardo Gardner but she can actually shoot straight and doesn't get injured putting her socks on.

I reckon she's better than Alonso, certainly quicker and a much better driver.

Here is a question - could we sign her? Is there anything to say a woman can't play in the Championship if she's good enough?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

She's obviously not good enough, no woman is, to play for us. But if she was good enough I don't see any reason why she, or any other woman, couldn't play for us or any other team. As long as men can then join womens teams I don't see the problem.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:She's obviously not good enough, no woman is, to play for us.

Did you watch her last night? She's scored more goals in this competition than our left-backs have scored in the last 20 seasons. And she did it against Brazil!

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She would get molested on the pitch and tea bagged in the showers

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:

So did Dean Windass but it never stopped him being prolific.

If we're going to compete with the big boys in the Championship that can go out and spend £3m on a player, we need to look at previously untapped areas.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:

So did Dean Windass but it never stopped him being prolific.

If we're going to compete with the big boys in the Championship that can go out and spend £3m on a player, we need to look at previously untapped areas.

Ah, untapped areas that would rule her out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:
Ah, untapped areas that would rule her out.

I don't think there is any rule that says a woman can't play in the Championship. If she's good enough she's man enough.

Alonso is a bit of a woman anyway, would we even notice the difference?

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Everyone said this about the Willams sisters in tennis. But the fact is they would barely break into the top 100.

Im not sure about the ruling though so I couldnt comment on if she would be eligiable to play in the c'ship.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:

Im not sure about the ruling though so I couldnt comment on if she would be eligiable to play in the c'ship.

I'll give you until 1pm to find the answer.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Did you watch her last night? She's scored more goals in this competition than our left-backs have scored in the last 20 seasons. And she did it against Brazil!

Yes I saw it. She scored a free kick in the first game didn't she? Not bad for a woman. I would've saved it though and I'm pretty sure Championship players are a bit better than me. Only a bit though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
I would've saved it though and I'm pretty sure Championship players are a bit better than me.

I think you're underselling yourself. Have you seen Bogdan!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know a few of the girls from the Bolton Ladies team and Vicky, the left back could definitely challenge Alonso for a place. Also Big Kim, the striker is probably better than anything we currently have up front (and she wears glasses).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum