Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillsborough Inquest.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hillsborough Inquest. Empty Hillsborough Inquest. Wed Jun 28 2017, 23:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six senior officials to be charged. Four coppers, one solicitor and one Council bigwig in charge of health and safety.

Whatever our views on this tragic event may be, I can see this dragging on for months and months. 

Irrespective of the outcome of the trial, I wouldn't be confident of a verdict that genuinely reflects events at a football stadium twenty eight years ago.

As a result of Hillsborough, the implementation of the Taylor Report made football grounds much safer.

It's no different than the tragedy at Grenfell House. Just like Hillsborough, nobody in authority set out to deliberately kill innocent people. Concerns were raised by residents but were not adequately acted upon by the council. No doubt austerity measures will be blamed. 

As I see it, the Hillsborough 96 were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and the poor victims at Grenfell House were no different.

2Hillsborough Inquest. Empty Re: Hillsborough Inquest. Thu Jun 29 2017, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Six senior officials to be charged. Four coppers, one solicitor and one Council bigwig in charge of health and safety.

Whatever our views on this tragic event may be, I can see this dragging on for months and months. 

Irrespective of the outcome of the trial, I wouldn't be confident of a verdict that genuinely reflects events at a football stadium twenty eight years ago.

As a result of Hillsborough, the implementation of the Taylor Report made football grounds much safer.

It's no different than the tragedy at Grenfell House. Just like Hillsborough, nobody in authority set out to deliberately kill innocent people. Concerns were raised by residents but were not adequately acted upon by the council. No doubt austerity measures will be blamed. 

As I see it, the Hillsborough 96 were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and the poor victims at Grenfell House were no different.
The circumstances were more complex at Hillsborough RT. Police Officers directed the crowd into a specific area and at first refused to let them out until they fully accepted that people were dying. 

The equivalent would be locking the doors to Grenfell Tower when people were trying to escape the fire.

Hillsborough should have been sorted out donkey's years ago though.

3Hillsborough Inquest. Empty Re: Hillsborough Inquest. Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There are some major differences between Hillsborough and Grenfell.

Leaving aside any question of blame which hopefully will be decided in court -albeit far too late - there is the fact that the police and their legal team systematically lied, fabricated evidence and blamed the fans for what happened.

With Grenfell we find a lot of innocent people die because fire safety has not been taken seriously. Again we need to know why and how and there may well be culpable people and or organisations.

4Hillsborough Inquest. Empty Re: Hillsborough Inquest. Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:There are some major differences between Hillsborough and Grenfell.

Leaving aside any question of blame which hopefully will be decided in court -albeit far too late - there is the fact that the police and their legal team systematically lied, fabricated evidence and blamed the fans for what happened.

With Grenfell we find a lot of innocent people die because fire safety has not been taken seriously. Again we need to know why and how and there may well be culpable people and or organisations.

It is a bit long and boring read but this link explains why the cladding was deemed safe even though it was less than the Governments rules and regulations about this. Basically everybody's followed the rules but the rules got watered down over time through nobody's specific fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40418266

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum