Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham

+2
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 11:49

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tonight Eubank Jr faces Abraham tonight. Eubank's biggest test to date. I still think he'll come out on top though

2Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 12:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this on ITV box office? How much are they charging? Bet it's a fortune like last time so i won't be bothering.

3Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Should be a good match up this fight.

Abraham has been a very good boxer over the years but not quite at the peak with others such as Froch and Andre Ward.

Eubank looks to be a very good boxer too and on his way up.

I would think the wise heads have chosen Abraham as being ripe for picking by Eubank so I'll go for Junior to win.

This fight is a lead in to the World Boxing Super Series, which includes George Groves and Callum Smith.

Read more about it here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40518439

4Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 13:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Is this on ITV box office? How much are they charging? Bet it's a fortune like last time so i won't be bothering.

Yes its about £17. I'll be watching but i wont be paying for it.

5Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'll be watching but i wont be paying for it.

Criminal.

6Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 13:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The price is criminal

7Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 14:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Abraham struggled to make the weight. Can't see a problem for Eubank,but I'm not interested enough to watch.

8Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 16:28

Facebook boncey. Someone will be streaming it

9Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 17:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Facebook boncey. Someone will be streaming it
I'm not on Facetube,or whatever it is. I'll find a stream if I need to,but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm.

10Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sat Jul 15 2017, 18:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Facebook boncey. Someone will be streaming it
I'm not on Facetube,or whatever it is. I'll find a stream if I need to,but I just can't summon up any enthusiasm.
Try SNAPBOT.

11Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr V Abraham Sun Jul 16 2017, 00:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chris Eubank Jr beats Arthur Abraham to retain IBO world super-middleweight belt

Chris Eubank Jr retained his IBO world super-middleweight title by beating former two-weight world champion Arthur Abraham with a unanimous points win.
Eubank Jr, 27, produced a fine display to win by margins of 118-110, 118-110 and 120-108 at Wembley Arena.
It was only the sixth defeat of Abraham's 52-fight career.
Eubank Jr will now take part in the inaugural World Boxing Super Series - an eight-man tournament featuring some of the biggest names in the division.
WBA champion George Groves and fellow Britons Callum Smith and Jamie Cox are also in the competition, which has a $50m (£38m) prize fund.
Eubank Jr will fight Turkey's Avni Yildirim in the Super Series quarter-finals in the autumn, with semi-finals in January and a May final in a tournament which organisers say will "change the world of boxing."
Abraham, 37, has beaten Britain's Paul Smith (twice) and Martin Murray in his career and lost on points to Carl Froch in November 2010.
But the German, who has held world titles at middleweight and super-middleweight, was outclassed by the younger man.

Eubank took his record to 25 wins and one defeat and felt he made "a statement" with the victory. He told ITV Sport: "He's the most durable opponent I've faced. I hit him with every punch in the book.
"I'm happy with the performance. I got to show my skills, I got to go the 12 rounds and get the experience in."
His father, Chris Eubank Sr, a former two-weight world champion, added: "I believe he's the best in the world. Over the coming nine months, he will be able to clean the slate and come away with the Muhammad Ali Trophy and all the belts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40620743

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum