Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darby is shite!

+7
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Darby is shite! Empty Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 19:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Darby is shite!

2Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 20:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So were Karacan, ALF and Taylor IMO. I don't think Parky has got it right yet.

3Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 20:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taylor was by far the best player. Agree the rest were shite though.

4Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 20:39

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

FFS nothing like giving a guy a chance. First 20 mins we were off the pace, everyone was but we stuck at it and improved markedly second half. Why is it that the boot starts going in from day one.

5Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 20:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Why is it that the boot starts going in from day one.

To be fair to me I started putting the boot in about 4 weeks ago.

Shit signings and today proved it.

Did a Bolton player ever have the ball for more than a second?

6Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Sun Aug 06 2017, 20:53

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He was at fault for 2 of our 3 goals and his crossing was awful.

7Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he was poor but as i said on the match thread he doesn't look like a wing back as he doesn't get forward enough, he may look better in a flat back 4 but i was surprised he got the nod over Little.

8Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 08:40

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't wait until Morais comes back. At least we will have some creativity going forward and he wouldn't be as awful as Darby on the right.

9Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:FFS nothing like giving a guy a chance. First 20 mins we were off the pace, everyone was but we stuck at it and improved markedly second half. Why is it that the boot starts going in from day one.

Exactly. players need time to bed in and find their feet. We certainly were not outplayed yesterday.

10Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think there were parts when we were out-played, but only marginally, (some of their passing and positioning were really good). It didn't help with our midfield going walkabout, or the fact that we had periods where we neither tackled, or even passed well. Having said that, I thought, overall, we did reasonably well. New team players looked good, but I couldn't understand why we were so slow for most of the first half.

11Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Midfield was awful. Three headless chickens with absolutely no confidence on the ball.

I'd rather see Derik in there, at least he can control a ball.

12Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 15:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if you'd judge a player off one game. Cock

13Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 16:00

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Both wingbacks looked poor, but Roofe and Anita are quality players in this league so it was always going to be tough for Taylor and Darby to impose the game on them.

Middle of the park Cullen and vela looked okay, but Karacan went missing too often IMO.

14Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 16:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a couple of people have mentioned Taylor was poor but i would disagree, he did well i thought. At least he made the effort to get forward unlike Darby who got a nosebleed if he stepped over the halfway line.

15Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taylor was by far the best player, his tackle towards the end was probably the best you'll see all season.

I can't believe people haven't been more critical of the midfield - I can't recall a single time a midfielder put his foot on the ball and passed it to a white shirt.

People keep saying "give them a chance" as though passing is a new concept to them.

16Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 17:14

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Taylor was by far the best player, his tackle towards the end was probably the best you'll see all season.

I can't believe people haven't been more critical of the midfield - I can't recall a single time a midfielder put his foot on the ball and passed it to a white shirt.

People keep saying "give them a chance" as though passing is a new concept to them.
To be honest, I don't think ALF had a great game either.
He was too far away from Madine to be able to get on to anything Madine won. He was just running around like a headless chicken and for me went missing in parts of the game.

17Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 20:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Re midfield: Pratley will be back and Derik is around plus the young lads like Alex Perry are coming through so I don't think Parky is short of options. However with three at the back the wing backs have to be good enough to support attacks to take advantage as well as get back and defend so we could do with a bit more from them. 
Early days yet but despite the bookies, I don't think losing to an ambitious Leeds side is necessarily relegation form and we will improve surely?

18Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Mon Aug 07 2017, 20:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Re midfield: Pratley will be back and Derik is around plus the young lads like Alex Perry are coming through so I don't think Parky is short of options. However with three at the back the wing backs have to be good enough to support attacks to take advantage as well as get back and defend so we could do with a bit more from them. 
Early days yet but despite the bookies, I don't think losing to an ambitious Leeds side is necessarily relegation form and we will improve surely?

Well stated... I know I had hope until Vela's injury that we just might get the equalizer. Leeds was just better and faster... yet we did manage to get it together in the second half. Aside from the marginal off-side non-call, we might have gotten that point. The Vela injury is worrisome though!

19Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Tue Aug 08 2017, 00:47

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Re midfield: Pratley will be back
Well that's promotion guaranteed then !!! SERIOUSLY Lusty he is fucking garbage !!! remember !!! Mad

20Darby is shite! Empty Re: Darby is shite! Tue Aug 08 2017, 10:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bryan, you're right to some extent. however, his forte is his running, and he manages to pull their players out of position, and I believe the fact that he will fill a bloody great hole in the middle of the field will help. As a bonus, I've heard that every now and then, (but rarely), his passes reach his intended target. Very Happy (as an aside, in the first half on Sunday, we needed a speedy mover, but everyone was relying on someone else to do the running).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum