Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers needs a player like...

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ok, we got a little dosh from the Cahill sale. We basically agree that we need help all over the park, but who realistically could we get?

I'd like us to sign:

Rodolph Austin - SK Brann.
Who? He is a Reggae Boy - robust 1.83m central midfielder/centre back with good passing, good movement, great engine and a fierce long range shot. He went to SK Brann to mark time until Stoke City could get his papers sorted out but ended up signing a deal there in a transfer worth £1,000,000.

Rafael Márquez Álvarez - New York Red Bulls.
He needs very little introduction to footy fans. He has reportedly lost a step from his Barcelona days but as Hierro proved, class shows wherever it is. As a defensive midfielder/centre back, he could be invaluable in improving the team in the short term and teaching the younger players (and Zat Knight!) how to defend.

Kenwyne Jones - Stoke City
Again, needs very little introduction. Big, fast, athletic (with one hell of a goal celebration!) could be the ideal replacement for Big Kev. He is in a bit of a slump at present due in part to recent injuries and a 'messy divorce'. Hanging around with Klasnic could be just the tonic he needs to start banging them in again. Maybe even scoring goals as well.

Roque Santa Cruz - Real Betis (Man City)
Yet again, no introduction neccessary. He has scored goals wherever he has been and there is no reason to believe he'd stop now. Also, it would annoy Blackburn Rovers.

Nicholas Maynard - Bristol City
Possibly the best striker in the lower leagues to have never played in the Barclays Premier League, he could be the one to solve our goal-scoring woes without breaking the bank (also known as Eddie Davies).

Not an exhaustive list by any means, but any of these players would make us a better group - as our Owen likes to call the Wanderers. Who would you like OC to sign up in the next two weeks?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would take Kenwyne Jones but I don't think we could afford his wages.Nicky Maynard is often mentioned but there is a massive gulf between the lower leagues and the Premiership. The geezer that went from Leeds to Everton is a good example.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jermaine Beckford (at Leicester City now).

Kenwyne Jones - £8 million signing only two years ago - so he won't be cheap to buy (Ngog was £4 million remember!).

How about taking a punt on someone like Jimmy Bullard - we need a leader on the pitch.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sluffy wrote:Jermaine Beckford (at Leicester City now).

Kenwyne Jones - £8 million signing only two years ago - so he won't be cheap to buy (Ngog was £4 million remember!).

How about taking a punt on someone like Jimmy Bullard - we need a leader on the pitch.

I would have said yes to the Bullard one a couple of years back but I think injuries have taken their toll on him.

Kenwyne jones could be a possibility, don't think he gets much of a look in at Stoke now with Crouchy so they maybe willing to sell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum