Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam’s right back in the race, says Parkinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong was back up to speed against Sheffield Wednesday in midweek – and Phil Parkinson could not be happier.

The on-loan Newcastle United striker has sampled highs and lows in the last few days, scoring from the spot in the Carabao Cup win over the Owls after being hooked at half-time in defeat against Derby County.

Parkinson was pleased to see Armstrong produce the right reaction after a pre-match heart-to-heart on Tuesday night and hopes Wanderers fans will now see more of the pacy youngster at his best.

“Coming off at half time against Derby would have been disappointing for him,” he told The Bolton News. “I talked to him before the (Sheffield Wednesday) game about how I felt his performance went, and how he felt his performance went and it was such a shame he didn’t play the same way as he’d played at Birmingham. I’d have loved all our fans to have seen that because he was so good.

“Now he’s shown everyone what he’s all about. He’s someone who actually runs quicker with the ball than without it. I haven’t seen many players do that.

“When him and Will Buckley broke a few times in the second half it was great to watch.

“That’s what he can do – now it’s about getting it out of him on a consistent basis.”

Parkinson was equally pleased with Aaron Wilbraham’s first full game for the club since arriving from Bristol City.

“He’s a player getting fitter and fitter and he showed everyone the reason we brought him here, playing with a lot of nous, helping Adam along,” he said.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum