Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Norwich manager Daniel Farke sent off and angered by Bolton time-wasting

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DANIEL Farke has apologised for his behaviour after getting sent to the stands in the final few moments of Wanderers’ 0-0 draw with Norwich City.
The German coach was sent off by referee Keith Stroud for kicking the ball away after a foul throw was given against midfielder Moritz Leitner in injury time.
Farke claims he had been frustrated by Wanderers’ time-wasting tactics, causing him to take a “heavy touch” of the ball when it rolled towards him.
“Yes, it was probably a sending off and that is the first time in my career,” he said. “I am not a lawyer. I don’t think about the rules. I am a coach for 11 years and one bad touch after 96 minutes is punished.

“Even when players put the ball away they do not always get a yellow card.
“I don’t think it was so bad that I have to be banned for one game but I am not an expert of the rules. It was my mistake. It won’t happen again.
“The ref came and said, ‘Daniel, I can totally understand the frustration but if the linesman gives this decision I have to go with him. Your touch was not good.’ “I got the feeling I was very involved in this game. About seven or eight times when Bolton kicked the ball over the line I had to get the ball.
“Normally my technique was very good but in that moment it was not good enough. The first touch was a little bit too tough. The ball went back on the pitch. I can only apologise. It was my mistake.

“Listen, I got the feeling Bolton were wasting time in so many situations. Every free kick we had they were putting the ball away and no-one spoke to them about this topic.
“We get a throw in the 95th minute or whatever and the linesman, who is 30 yards away, was able to watch that Moritz Leitner was standing with his foot over the line.
“He waves his flag and wants to give the opponent the throw in. It was frustrating that for me he can see that from so far. But I only apologise for my technique.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/16046145.norwich-coach-daniel-farke-angered-by-bolton-time-wasting/?ref=mrb&lp=4

Is this the worst ever Iles article - it's utter gibberish - manager kicks ball away to prevent quick Bolton throw in and gets sent off - and it's taken him 43 paragraphs and 10,000 words just to say that!

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The answer is simple, stop posting this drivel.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:The answer is simple, stop posting this drivel.

Wanderers news is the framework as to why people come here in the first place, that's why it is important that we do it,

The arguments and friendly abuse over difference of views and opinions on the club - and everything else - makes the site - and regrettably on the rare occasions that one or two take things said or done on the forum, deadly seriously - almost breaks it.

So Iles may well write drivel from time to time but we do owe him a debt of thanks for supplying us with a great deal of news and information that helps form the bedrock of Nuts for us all to build from.

And to be fair most of us write drivel ourselves much of the time as well!

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather read original drivel than drivel I've already read on the BN site.

This is a forum, supposedly for debate, you'd be better posting the story and then posing your own question at the end. For example, have you ever kicked off for no reason and made a prize knob of yourself? We'd get weeks out of that thread with the amount of bellends on here.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm saying nothing negative about Mr Iles. I sit within strangling distance at the Macron,and he could turn ugly if he discoveres my identity.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It is a good article, I love to read of opposing manager's frustration when they get a poor result against Bolton.It is a return to the days of Sam Allardyce when Bolton overachieved with a lowly budget as they are currently doing with Parky.I think it would be impossible for such a report to be too long, I lap it up.

I'd also  be interested in reading a lengthy article from Mr Iles investigating how much money Ken  Anderson has provided the club with or taken out in his 2 year spell  which has seen Clough, Holding and Madine sold and nothing spent on transfer fees.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd rather read original drivel than drivel I've already read on the BN site.

This is a forum, supposedly for debate, you'd be better posting the story and then posing your own question at the end. For example, have you ever kicked off for no reason and made a prize knob of yourself? We'd get weeks out of that thread with the amount of bellends on here.

I guess it is what you want from a forum?

Wways have a high percentage of posters who attend games, so don't really need BN news stories to stimulate debate, whereas TW have very few who attend, and don't put the effort in to post up news and consequently is as dead and boring as its remaining few posters are.

We don't have overwhelming numbers who attend games regularly, so we try and give everybody a base at least of what is going on, to allow discussion and debate - and that effort is helping people to at least keep up to date with things at the club and hopefully returning to Nuts for what others are thinking and saying about things.

I don't think it is right for one person to personally set the agenda of a forum - I've seen to many sites with dominate owners go under - so giving people the news that is out there (drivel or Pulitzer prize winning!) and letting them comment - or not - is the right way to go imo. It allows regular game goers and armchair fans alike a platform to talk to each other to with at least the same amount of knowledge and insight that BN finest football reporter can give us!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:It is a good article, I love to read of opposing manager's frustration when they get a poor result against Bolton.It is a return to the days of Sam Allardyce when Bolton overachieved with a lowly budget as they are currently doing with Parky.I think it would be impossible for such a report to be too long, I lap it up.

I'd also  be interested in reading a lengthy article from Mr Iles investigating how much money Ken  Anderson has provided the club with or taken out in his 2 year spell  which has seen Clough, Holding and Madine sold and nothing spent on transfer fees.

That's never going to happen.

I quite like Iles from the video briefings he did for a short while, and his humour on twitter but he is his own worst enemy when it comes to his job.

He can't spot the real story - even the ones shouting out to him!

It was ridiculous that he didn't make any attempt whatsoever to report on how we built up a massive and unsustainable debt (over several years remember) and where the money was coming from - and going to!

He clearly backed Holdsworth and the ST - without any research on how they got to become major players in and around the club, nor what their respective agendas were - and in doing so nailed his colours (whether he meant to or not) to the anti-Anderson team - he still even now ignores that Wways and Nuts (the two largest Wanderers fans forums going - and almost overwhelmingly pro-Anderson) even exists yet chats away on twitter with hard-core Ken haters!

Isn't the first rules of journalism to be impartial and seek the truth?

If so he's tainted his impartibility with the company he's kept when it comes to Anderson and the inability to get even the merest grip whatsoever over the funding of the club over the last decade.

I guess just like the players we have in our team these days, if Iles were better at his job he would have moved on to better things by now - and that is why he's still plying his trade with us rather than at a better paying job at a higher level some place else.

I guess we are stuck with each other for a long time to come yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum