Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Season - Assuming we are in the Championship again.

+7
wessy
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
observer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Who do we keep?  Who do we dispense of?  Who do we try and get?

KA says contract negotiations are ongoing now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:Who do we keep?  Who do we dispense of?  Who do we try and get?

It will all depend on which division we are in.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And who owns us.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

It dropped the subtitle... "Assuming we are in the Championship again."

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep none of them. Has anyone really stepped up this season?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Buckley, Beevers, C Taylor, Pratley, Wilbraham, Darby can all go for me, Ameobi will probably find a new club, Wheater should be kept as should the younger players Hall, Lonsdale, Earing, King and Turner.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

It dropped the subtitle... "Assuming we are in the Championship again."

Ahh, I understand now - I've amended the thread title anyway.

The sub title does work if you search via 'board' (Bolton Wanderers Banter, Wandering Minds, etc) but I always search via the 'View posts since last visit' link - which doesn't show them.

I do think we will strengthen when we stay up - we have to really and Anderson has managed the expenditure down to create a bit of wriggle room to do so now.

I don't believe these story's that club as already been sold (to the Bet Fred owner) so I reckon that the Anderson's and Parkinson have probably already identified whatever targets they want and that we will release any of our players currently in them.

I suspect Henry and Wilbraham will be released - particularly if we sign Kirchhoff and a new target man (would people want Madine back on loan as he's done nothing at Cardiff since he went?).

Pratley and Dervite will certainly not be offered the contract they have been on but I wouldn't mind if they resigned for another season.

I'm sure there will be much more discussion on this in a month or so time when things become much clearer.

Disagree with you about Henry, I think he'll get another year partly because he's shown himself to be fit enough and partly because I'd wager he's great in the dressing room for a struggling side.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Buckley, Beevers, C Taylor, Pratley, Wilbraham, Darby can all go for me, Ameobi will probably find a new club, Wheater should be kept as should the younger players Hall, Lonsdale, Earing, King and Turner.

Buckley, Darby and Turner are all under contract for next season already.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, I'd probably keep Henry thinking about it. But no one else jumps out as someone who must be kept at all costs. Alnwick has been pretty decent the last few months to be fair, so maybe he should stay.

But Ameobi is hit and miss (mainly miss), the defence too old and slow, midfield lacks any quality on the ball, and the attack couldn't hit Martin's arse from a yard away.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yeah, I'd probably keep Henry thinking about it. But no one else jumps out as someone who must be kept at all costs. Alnwick has been pretty decent the last few months to be fair, so maybe he should stay.

But Ameobi is hit and miss (mainly miss), the defence too old and slow, midfield lacks any quality on the ball, and the attack couldn't hit Martin's arse from a yard away.
Nat - you have the ability to be a reality show producer... "Hit Martin's arse!" I can see it now... we line up our strikers... and of course, 75% sky the ball over him.  Truly riveting television.  Congratulations!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:75% sky the ball over him. 

75%? You're too generous.

Despite Martin's massive arse, it'd be nearer 100%.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Disagree with you about Henry, I think he'll get another year partly because he's shown himself to be fit enough and partly because I'd wager he's great in the dressing room for a struggling side.

You might well be right but my thinking was that Kirchhoff could well replace him if he were to sign permanently.

Fwiw I would vote Henry as our most valuable player of our season as his signing plugged the huge defensive midfield gap we had and with his knowledge (and players alongside him like Pratley doing the running for him) completely turned our whole season around from certain relegation (just 2 points in our first ten games) to all but Championship safety.

I expect Wilbraham to be offered a backroom post in the club if we have one spare as he turned down the opportunity of one at Bristol City to come here and I guess that was part of his package to sign for us. He certainly seems well respect inside the club and the players seemed delighted for him scoring as much as what it meant points wise in the game itself.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kirchhoff won't replace anyone, way too injury prone to do that.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Kirchhoff won't replace anyone, way too injury prone to do that.

Yes think it would be a massive gamble to ditch Henry and hope Kirschoff can hack it for a full season.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does anyone have a list of players who are out of contract come end of the season?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Does anyone have a list of players who are out of contract come end of the season?

Ben Amos.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Does anyone have a list of players who are out of contract come end of the season?

Ben Amos.
Thought Amos had one year remaining... and that Pratley was up with the 18k per week!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fooking hell, we are screwed.

Amos, Buckley, Noone & Darby for another season after this one. Which fuckwit agreed to those contracts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum