Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Nicknames.

Nicknames.

+4
DEANO82
karlypants
rammywhite
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nicknames. Empty Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 16:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you have one? My mother calls me Noddy.

Not too keen on it,but I don't get a say.However if you follow the link,you can find out the nickname that best suits YOU.

Mine,believe it or not,is Pistol.

http://www.playbuzz.com/jamesbaker10/what-should-be-your-nickname#eightieth

2Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 18:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I tried this and it thought that I was a woman! It suggested my nickname should be Queen Bee!!

I had a nickname at school strongly related to my actual name but I'm not telling you what it is- but I was still being called this in my 50s by old school friends

3Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 18:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As kids,my brother and I were known at school as Big Willie and Little Willie.

I could never live up to it.

4Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 19:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was also a kid we called Farter.

He broke wind loudly in class one day,and he was given the nickname immediately. I don't think he ever did it again,but the nickname stuck,and made his life a misery.

5Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 19:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:As kids,my brother and I were known at school as Big Willie and Little Willie.

I could never live up to it.
Looks like the generated (sex) pistol nickname is spot on then! Very Happy

6Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 19:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better than Farter,KP. That same lad told the careers master he wanted to be a roustabout,after seeing an Elvis Presley film.

7Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 19:51

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:As kids,my brother and I were known at school as Big Willie and Little Willie.

I could never live up to it.
Were you little Willy?

8Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 20:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:As kids,my brother and I were known at school as Big Willie and Little Willie.

I could never live up to it.
Were you little Willy?
Am now. Hard to believe I regularly won the highest up the wall competition.

It's a job now keeping it off my shoes.

9Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 20:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:As kids,my brother and I were known at school as Big Willie and Little Willie.

I could never live up to it.
Were you little Willy?
Am now. Hard to believe I regularly won the highest up the wall competition.

It's a job now keeping it off my shoes.
Laughing

10Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Wed Mar 14 2018, 21:23

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Johnny.  Simple but effective.

At secondary school i got called johnno which stuck for a bit.

When i was 14 working on the fishmarket my boss nicknamed me bag.  (Johnny bag.....)

Which was funny until my mum came to the stall one day when i was working and Trev shouted "bag, your mums here"

She said "funny, johnny bag!"

He said, "no its not that.....i caught him shagging a chicken in the freezer with a carrier bag on his knob!"

I did like that job

11Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Thu Mar 15 2018, 08:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 15:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Johnny.  Simple but effective.

At secondary school i got called johnno which stuck for a bit.

When i was 14 working on the fishmarket my boss nicknamed me bag.  (Johnny bag.....)

Which was funny until my mum came to the stall one day when i was working and Trev shouted "bag, your mums here"

She said "funny, johnny bag!"

He said, "no its not that.....i caught him shagging a chicken in the freezer with a carrier bag on his knob!"

I did like that job
Sorry I looked back at this thread. Can't get this image out of my head. Shocked

13Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was an amusing radio phone in about nicknames - favourite one was  a bloke started a new job and there was a guy whose nickname was Keth.
Took him six months to realise that his name was actually Kieth but they called him Keth because he had an eye missing.


(yeah I know Craig but you know I love you and I know you won't take offence - hopefully)

14Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another one was a guy with one leg shorter than the other so the poor chap wobbled about from side to side when he walked. His sympathetic workmates nicknamed him "Sniper's Nightmare".

15Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 22:04

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

A kid at my school got the unfortunate nickname "nappies".

I think he followed through one day in primary school and never lived it down. It followed him to the end of secondary school...

Sorry lad

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

16Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 22:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:A kid at my school got the unfortunate nickname "nappies".

I think he followed through one day in primary school and never lived it down. It followed him to the end of secondary school...

Sorry lad
Reminds me of a school trip to Farnworth baths. Someone left a floater in the deep end. We never found out who, despite the teacher demanding a confession.
It certainly wasn't me. This thing was enormous.

17Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Mon Mar 07 2022, 23:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:There was an amusing radio phone in about nicknames - favourite one was  a bloke started a new job and there was a guy whose nickname was Keth.
Took him six months to realise that his name was actually Kieth but they called him Keth because he had an eye missing.


(yeah I know Craig but you know I love you and I know you won't take offence - hopefully)
So that's why everyone calls me Crag and not Craig  Laughing

18Nicknames. Empty Re: Nicknames. Tue Mar 08 2022, 00:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
So that's why everyone calls me Crag and not Craig  Laughing
Top man! Had to leave that door open for you mate Smile

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum