Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm beginning to hate sport.

+10
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
Angry Dad
wessy
okocha
xmiles
Sluffy
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 20:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cricketers cheating,sledging.
Drugs seemingly everywhere,in a desperate attempt to attain that extra edge.
Overpaid footballers,with a tattoo for every occasion,and haircuts a class A topiarist would be proud of,indulging in goal celebrations more at home on a dance floor than on a football pitch.
And all with an air of entitlement that beggars belief.
I sometimes wish they'd all just put those shitty headphones on and piss off.

2I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 20:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I nearly posted something similar to this yesterday.

I know sports are basically only 'games' played for entertainment, with no ultimate value to mankind - but they are enjoyed by many and to have any value at all should be played on an equal footing by all involved. Clearly that simply doesn't happen.

Cheating as always gone on but if people can no longer believe what they see in front of them anymore, there will come a time when they will turn their back on it (or at least you would hope so!).

3I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another pet hate is football commentators with an opinion. I don't like them at the best of times,but please,let them keep their opinions to themselves,and just commentate on the game. The opinions come later,and from a panel assembled for that very purpose. Mark Saggers and Alan Green should be first in line for the gag.
And,while I'm at it.
So called football experts who,having watched an offside or penalty decision three times,and from three
different angles,deride the officials for getting it wrong.
They should be made to make their call before seeing a replay. We'll see how good they are then.

4I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is probably too cynical but I don't really care if they take performance enhancing drugs.

I can respect those individuals who achieve great things through their own efforts but there will always be people and governments that cheat. In a perfect world we could stop this but we don't live in a perfect world.

5I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:This is probably too cynical but I don't really care if they take performance enhancing drugs.

I can respect those individuals who achieve great things through their own efforts but there will always be people and governments that cheat. In a perfect world we could stop this but we don't live in a perfect world.

You do realise that the prime objective of drug testing is not to prevent cheating but to protect the health of the persons taking them by putting themselves at risk of long term illness and possibly even death?

6I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh for the old days.

7I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:This is probably too cynical but I don't really care if they take performance enhancing drugs.

You do realise that the prime objective of drug testing is not to prevent cheating but to protect the health of the persons taking them by putting themselves at risk of long term illness and possibly even death?

Well that's the official position but not all performance enhancing drugs are dangerous.

8I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is there any sport left that hasn't been the subject of cheating, drugs, gamesmanship, betting scandals, or vile behaviour etc?

Cycling, swimming, football, rugby, cricket (a disgraceful series of recent incidents from the Aussies), athletics, tennis (Aussies again!), snooker, golf (Tiger and Jon Daly) all spring to mind too readily.

The authorities need to start meting out massive punishments rather than pitiful pocket-money fines to grotesquely rich sportspeople who inevitably have their short bans overturned on appeal, almost as a matter of course.

It's hard to get excited about when the viewing public can't believe in it.  ( Incidentally, I gather Trump is renowned for cheating at golf....are we surprised?)!

9I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well that's the official position but not all performance enhancing drugs are dangerous.

I would imagine overdosing themselves on even non dangerous ones in pursuit of seeking even more increased performance enhancement are!

10I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I would imagine overdosing themselves on even non dangerous ones in pursuit of seeking even more increased performance enhancement are!

Possibly and possibly not. We live in a country where nicotine and alcohol are legal despite their well known harmful effects. We allow boxing and rugby to take place knowing there is an element of risk for participants.

11I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Possibly and possibly not. We live in a country where nicotine and alcohol are legal despite their well known harmful effects. We allow boxing and rugby to take place knowing there is an element of risk for participants.

The Government regulates nicotine and alcohol through the law and taxation and boxing and rugby are extremely well regulated - so the individual simply cannot do whatever he wants to without consequences.

Whatever people think there does have to be an element of control and order even if it impinges a little bit on the freedom of the individual otherwise there would simply be anarchy.

If people sign up to a set of rules - both written and morally - and break them, then society says there is a price to pay.

Unfortunately though money can sometimes 'smooth' these things out.

Canelo Alvarez has just failed two drugs tests before his mega boxing rematch with Golovkin but I'd be very surprised if the bout doesn't somehow go ahead!

12I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is that not like saying i don't really mind burglars or murderers, i can respect law abiding people but it's ok the worlds corrupt so lets do fuck all about it.

Well they make my blood boil, money and therefore drugs have ruined sport, it's not only the cheats it throws doubt on all those that have achieved the best they could by fair means.

Bonce i think it is also age related, i find the older i get the less interested i have become. But yes this current crop of ponces with the tattoos and hair cuts, want there head phones ramming up there jacksies.

13I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I look at a man like Ron Hill,and wonder,'Do they make them like this any more?'

14I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 04:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I agree with Where's the bloke love? soon as a bird starts talking football or boxing I'm off even her indoors cringes at that. Always have a pair of marigolds to chuck at the tv

15I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 08:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel like I've been cheated as well- watching BWFC week in, week out, year in ,year out. I feel like I've been cheated out of £thousands.

16I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:06

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Did someone blow up Clare Tomlinson with a bicycle pump.

17I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wessy wrote:

Is that not like saying i don't really mind burglars or murderers, i can respect law abiding people but it's ok the worlds corrupt so lets do fuck all about it.

No it's not the same. Burglars and murderers hurt other people. People taking performance enhancing drugs don't hurt other people.

18I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything that wipes the smug grins off Steve Smith's and especially that toxic runt Warner's face makes me very happy.

19I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:
wessy wrote:

No it's not the same. Burglars and murderers hurt other people. People taking performance enhancing drugs don't hurt other people.

You should check out the hurt of those 'clean' athletes who have lost out on medals, recognition and wealth because of drug cheats.

You should check out the hurt of a nation over cheating at cricket -

Australia cricket scandal: A body blow to an incredulous nation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-43537767

20I'm beginning to hate sport. Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Mon Mar 26 2018, 11:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are many cases like this. It must hurt to have  what should be a special moment,tarnished.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/other-sport/athletics/athletics-jamie-baulch-iwan-thomas-1917601

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum