Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is anyone kind of glad we're not in the Premiership this season?

+6
doffcocker
Angry Dad
xmiles
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sorry if any similar post to this has been written, I haven't seen one. But anyway is anyone else kind of glad we aren't in the top flight this season? I got so fed up of us losing week in week out. I got so fed up of us playing the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, etc and getting battered. I only watched Match of the Day when we didn't lose last season, I must have only watched it about 8 times.

I had become bored of our aim each season to finish 17th and for it to be ok if we lost 20 of our league games. The most exciting seasons I have had as a Bolton fan is in the lower leagues. It will be kind of good going to the likes of Leicester, Forest, Brighton, Palace, etc and hopefully battering teams 4-0 away from home.

Anyone feel the same?

Things had gone very stale in the Premiership, it could be more fun this season for a change.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a way yes.

My main excitement comes from the, probably false, assumption that our football will improve, if i get to see fast paced, passing football, with high scoring games i'll be delighted.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. I wish we had survived. We always want our team to improve and if we'd stayed up there might have been a bit more dosh to spend on players. OC would have cleared out the dead wood anyway and we'd be looking at a different team and hoping that they could do better than the last lot. And there would have been more income to either reduce debt or build for the future. Whichever way you look at it, relegation is shit.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:No. I wish we had survived. We always want our team to improve and if we'd stayed up there might have been a bit more dosh to spend on players. OC would have cleared out the dead wood anyway and we'd be looking at a different team and hoping that they could do better than the last lot. And there would have been more income to either reduce debt or build for the future. Whichever way you look at it, relegation is shit.

Ditto.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Stayed up with a new manager, it sucks to be in this league. We are nobodies now. We were an established prem team i was proud of that after being a yo yo team and all thanks to Mr coyle and his amazing managerial inabilities.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Angry Dad wrote:Stayed up with a new manager, it sucks to be in this league. We are nobodies now. We were an established prem team i was proud of that after being a yo yo team and all thanks to Mr coyle and his amazing managerial inabilities.

Also ditto.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish we'd survived but I don't agree that Coyle would have cleared out the dead wood.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I wish we'd survived but I don't agree that Coyle would have cleared out the dead wood.
The plan appeared to be to get rid of overpaid and underperforming players to cut wages. Most would have gone IMO but we would have been a more attractive proposition for potential signings. Cuts both ways. Would still like to be competing in the Prem.
More chance of seeing a win or two this season, but relegation is too big a price to pay for smugness.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NO

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad wrote:Stayed up with a new manager, it sucks to be in this league. We are nobodies now. We were an established prem team i was proud of that after being a yo yo team and all thanks to Mr coyle and his amazing managerial inabilities.
Exactly this.

Who could possibly be glad we're not in the premiership?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm glad that we may get to see us win more games and go to different grounds but being known as an established premier league team made me feel good when ever I heard it.

Though I won't miss going to places like OT knowing were going to get stuffed.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There is one possible consolation, and unfortunately it is only a possibility.

If we had stayed up last season we probably would have been relegated this season but Coyle would have kept his job. Just maybe if we continue to struggle in the bottom half of the Championship Gartside will realise this is due to Coyle being useless and maybe he will sack the twat before it's too late - not that I am very optimistic about this scenario actually happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum