Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers have to "take more risks" says Parkinson

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have been challenged to roll up their sleeves and fight for their Championship survival tonight.

Phil Parkinson's side face Millwall at the Macron knowing anything other than a victory could see them return to the bottom three.

After seeing his team come in for strong criticism in recent defeats to Birmingham City and Derby County, the Whites boss has thrown down the gauntlet to prove themselves against one of the division's in-form sides.

Parkinson expects a physical test against a side who have won more aerial balls than any other in the Championship this season.

"Against Millwall if you are not ready to stand up to them, you don't win, simple as that," he said. "We have to be strong as a team and positive when we have got the ball.

"We have played backwards too many times. We have to take more risks and play forward.

"We need to be a bit braver on that ball and take responsibility."

Parkinson has a healthy respect for the job done by opposite number Neil Harris since the Lions followed Wanderers out of League One last season.

"Millwall haven't really deviated from the way they played last year but have brought in some better quality players in key areas and you can't argue with their run - they are the form team in the league," he said. "Neil has done a fantastic job. I've had some good battles with them at Bolton and at Bradford and I expect another one."

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think i'll get a neck brace in anticipation of this game, i get the feeling i will be looking up to the skies a lot  Rolling Eyes

Playing forward for Parky usually means lumping it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum