Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Derby

+22
Quent
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Bolton Nuts
observer
chipbutty
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
jayjay23
JonnyRandom
Lofty_Love
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Owens record
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
bwfc71
Sluffy
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is it possible to sign ten outfield players by Tuesday?

22Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:Heres a bit of hope:

From readings first 7 games last season they only got 4 points

I wouldn't start worrying too much yet

To be fair we have been looking for glints of hope or lights at the end of the tunnel, with regards to Coyle, over the last 18 months and each one has been ripped apart by his ineptness and inability to learn from mistakes. Yesterday, if anything was the final straw - he has to go.

The signs were there during the pre-seasons that nothing ahd been learned and the talk about match fitness etc etc etc - Burnley had the same length of time to prepare and pre-seasons but they were more than ready for the start of the campaign.

We need change.

23Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to totally change the way we play compared to the last game...Stop all the long balls, there is no need to do that.

Individual mistakes need to stop (Chungy should have scored but he fell over the ball) - this also happended with a few other players (can't remember who though)

I do think/hope we will look like a totally different team and should win by at least two goals

24Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:25

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Zat 'The Rock' Knight at the heart of our rock solid defence and SKD up front waiting for one of the many optimistic punts to fall some where were him.

Anyway what that means is - same as usual, with the same result.

25Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:53

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We need to totally change the way we play compared to the last game...Stop all the long balls, there is no need to do that.

Individual mistakes need to stop (Chungy should have scored but he fell over the ball) - this also happended with a few other players (can't remember who though)

I do think/hope we will look like a totally different team and should win by at least two goals
CYL should have scored twice... Petrov also should have scored. We still are hopeless in finishing as well as hopeless during scrambles in front of our net. We can't clear out of the box quick enough. Seems like we lack fitness (surprise?) and I would like a new fitness coach who will kick the crap out of these players.

26Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 17:59

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't really feel we can blame lack of finishing for yesterday. We were well and truly beaten, its not as if it was a close game but we couldn't get the final finish.

The main problem by far was the selection of chung, petrov and mark davies in midfield together in what was always going to be a tough battle, they arn't exactly of warrior build. Terrible selection by Coyle.

27Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 18:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

There is no way we should be pointing out our lack of finishing prowess as though Lee and Petrov should have definitely scored and saying that if they had done we would be ok. We would still be crap. And for the record, most players need about ten decent chance per 2 or so goals. It's just how it is.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 18:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Seems like we lack fitness (surprise?) and I would like a new fitness coach who will kick the crap out of these players.

Agreed. I find it amazing that our players looked so unfit yesterday....a whole Summer's rest followed by a pre-season should have had the players at the peak of physical fitness.

Coyle out.

29Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:19

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Derby are fooking dead meat!
Coyle will rally the troops and give a speech that the players will think, that they are better than the Brazil 70 world cup winners team.

I think we'll smash Derby to pieces and we'll win 5-0.

30Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I

Bogdan

Riley Mills Ream Alonso

Andrews Vela

CYL M.Davies/Eagles Wylde

Sordell

I like this and it would be even better if we could sign someone like Sanchez or loan the Scouse lad to sit alongside Vela - I'm worried about Andrews lack of pace.The principle of building from the back and having a couple of midfield assassins who can play a bit would serve us well at this time. This or the 5 as a plan B.

31Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:29

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Owens record wrote:Hi new to this site. Why has Owen coyle not lost the fans? Or did he lose them yesterday? Does anyone know of or see Afobe kick off with a fan?

Yesterday was the first time I witnessed the majority of fans abuse Owen Coyle. Another couple of defeats and he'll lose the last remaining Coyle lovers.

You weren't there nat.

At least i admit i don't go to games.

From what I got told by a reliable source Coyle got hammered by the Dingles not Bolton fans. Or maybe it was Bolton fans who paid for the aircraft with the "Coyle Judas" banner to fly over?

32Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:
From what I got told by a reliable source Coyle got hammered by the Dingles not Bolton fans. Or maybe it was Bolton fans who paid for the aircraft with the "Coyle Judas" banner to fly over?

The match started in good spirit in the Bolton end. There was huge support for Coyle to start with - "Owen Coyle is a white, he hates Burnley!" was a frequently used chant. From Burnley's first goal onwards, it got angrier and angrier. There was so much sloppiness in our play and every misplaced pass was met with boos and "fuck off"s. By the time Coyle had entered the tunnel after the final whistle, it was officially the most hostile Bolton match I'd been at since Hull at the Reebok, 2009. I heard one bloke say he'd never booed a Bolton team off in his life, but that he took enormous pleasure from doing so on this one occasion.

A couple of players (I'm pretty sure Zat Knight was one of them) seemed to smile and applaud the Bolton fans sarcastically. After people paid £17-£30 to see that performance, any player that gave attitude back I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

33Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker, I was pissed off by this Tweet from Sam Ricketts after the game:

"Really disappointed with the result today. The 1st goal was offside and changed the game after a good start by us. Need some luck our way"

Yes there was an element of luck about both Burnley goals, but we were shit, and he was really shit.

34Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
Yes there was an element of luck about both Burnley goals, but we were shit, and he was really shit.

I thought Ricketts had his worst Bolton game yesterday. He must have come inside and shot with his right foot, miles over the bar five times. I don't think it could hurt too much to bring in Alonso on Tuesday.

In fairness, Ricketts has been a pundit on GMR once or twice and he was a very decent lad.

35Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Someone wrote we have underperforming players ..... no laddie .... this is as good as it gets. Zat will remain Zat, SKD is three days older than he was on Saturday, Mavies will do one or two dribbles and disappear, the evil Petrov or good Petrov will show up. So who are the under performers exactly?
We should win games in this league ....more because the majority of the rest are crap.

36Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:51

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Someone wrote we have underperforming players ..... no laddie .... this is as good as it gets. Zat will remain Zat, SKD is three days older than he was on Saturday, Mavies will do one or two dribbles and disappear, the evil Petrov or good Petrov will show up. So who are the under performers exactly?
We should win games in this league ....more because the majority of the rest are crap.

Most of tehe teams in this league are not crap, actually. Only 5 (if I remember) have never played in The Premiership and one of those, Cardiff, are a very strong opponent. If anything The Championship is far tougher than The Premiership as all teams are vying for the same prize - promotion, whereas in the Premiership its either about survival, staying mid-table or having the money to be the best in the world.

37Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:03

terenceanne wrote:Someone wrote we have underperforming players ..... no laddie .... this is as good as it gets. Zat will remain Zat, SKD is three days older than he was on Saturday, Mavies will do one or two dribbles and disappear, the evil Petrov or good Petrov will show up. So who are the under performers exactly?

What? You don't think any of our players are underperforming?? So you think losing to Burnley reflects the level of our players? Ridiculous.

Do you think Mavies is the subject of a £6 million bid for no reason? Of course he's underperforming now, Coyle's not getting the best out of him at all! Ricketts was shit against Burnley and Lee didn't do much except miss a sitter, so have they always been this shit? No.

They're underperforming.

38Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:08

bwfc71 wrote:

Most of tehe teams in this league are not crap, actually. Only 5 (if I remember) have never played in The Premiership and one of those, Cardiff, are a very strong opponent. If anything The Championship is far tougher than The Premiership as all teams are vying for the same prize - promotion, whereas in the Premiership its either about survival, staying mid-table or having the money to be the best in the world.

Your right they aren't crap by any means, but as far as championship's go this is the weakest its been for a few years, couple that with the fact we still have our best players we SHOULD (if we had a competent manager) get automatic promotion. Can't agree with you about the championship being tougher than the premier league either, there are sides in there who are happy to survive. Had the same players who lost to Burnley on saturday been playing in the premier league (plausible as I doubt it would of been that different a team had we survived) they probably would of lost about 6-0, to any premier league team. That's how bad we were, and how good the prem is.

39Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Mon Aug 20 2012, 02:45

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bogdan...
Riley..Mills..Reem..Alonso
Vela
Lee.. Eagles.. Davies.. Wylde
Sordell

(possibly Davies out Pratley in and Petrov in for Wylde)

any of those choices would suit me with Eagles pushing up from the middle.

40Bolton 2-0 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Derby Mon Aug 20 2012, 02:48

Bolton Nuts

Admin

or...

............Bogdan
....Ricketts Reem Mills
Riley.................Alonso
.......Eagles Andrews
.....Sordell Ngog Afobe

Sponsored content