Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let’s have a row

+10
Sluffy
doffcocker
RustyNail
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Bolton Rebirth
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Let’s have a row Empty Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 20:38

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

2Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 20:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What a fucking

3Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 20:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:What a fucking
Who’s being fucked?

Far too much for me to read right now! Very Happy

4Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 20:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was going to say what a fucking sactimonious post, telling folk to stay away, I'd say it's up to individuals to decide if they want to attend, not some random bellend on a football forum.

5Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:04

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Oh okay then turn up and give us shit. Works really well that in any walk of life. And aren’t we all random bellends on a forum, isn’t that the point?

6Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I turn up and if I feel there's something to moan about (there's been a lot this season) I'll moan, on the flipside if there's praise to be given then I'll give it, but to tell folk to stay away is a bit rich, and for what it's worth I know a good few season ticket holders that won't renew if Parkinson keeps his job.

7Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Rebirth wrote:I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

But this is a message aimed specifically at the doubters. Those after 11 games or whatever it was with only 2 points. Those after Burton beat us at home. And away. Those who went on the pitch last year while also thinking “well were up but we should still get rid of the manager”

But more recently and most specifically to the party boys who went to Burton last week and for the final 88 minutes of the game gave our team nothing but grief, today’s celebrations were aimed at you. Not for you.

I know a lot of fans from a lot of rival clubs and they’re as long as your arm. But this season I haven’t had to defend our team against them half as much as I have had to against our own fans.

And by no stretch do I mean “ALL” or even most of our fans, most I see want and believe in the best for BWFC.

But the ones who go only to either the local games, or the odd longer distance game because it might mean something because you can get pissed and moan at something you have absolutely no knowledge about - just stay the fuck away..

I’m not going to dress the team up any better than it is. It’s a team that is not good enough for this level as it is. But we’ve come up and got fortunate at that, we’ve had no further investment because it isn’t there. We’ve lost our top goalscorer mid season - two years running. 

We’ve had 11 opening games where we’ve got fuck all. We’ve had our last 7 games before today and got fuck all. 

But now look at that table. And before Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness befall us, I’m not saying that in itself is an achievement. Given our situation though not only this season but even in this last ridiculously miraculous game we went head long into shit and somehow avoided it.

We now have a chance to prepare properly with the Madine money behind us to build a real team with actual quality - and god bless him but hopefully we won’t need nearly 40-something’s like Wilbraham to pull us out. 

I’ve said before that if we’re in this situation again in 12 months time, Parkinson’s time might be up. But for this season he’s accomplished what to me was an impossible achievement. The guy deserves a medal.

Summing up the lecture - and I don’t care if it’s a lecture if it just means you actually have to sit and fucking read something - for next season if you get behind the manager and team from the off, and stop shitting yourselves at 2.15 when the teamsheet is released and you think you know best, we might actually be able to build on this and climb the league. 

Keep booing and doubting and I along with many others would rather you just simply didn’t bother. Watch Wigan, watch Blackburn. Watch Chorley (although I know some of them and they don’t want doubters neither), cricket, hockey or badminton if you prefer. But don’t come down to our ground every week and give them shit because if we are in this spot again next year then the blood is on you as much as the manager  and players that got us there.

If you'd posted that after the Burton game I'd say you'd be entitled to your opinion, even though I don't agree with it.

To post it a few hours after we stayed in the division by a whisker just makes it laughable. Where were you a week ago with your condescending bollocks?

A Bolton supporter is one who goes to the games. He or she is supporting the club by handing over money. That gives he or she the right to applaud or hurl abuse, I really don't care.

These players are paid handsomely, as is the manager, if they can't go to Burton and put on a performance they deserve every single bit of abuse. To hide behind the "they're not good enough so we shouldn't criticise them" excuse is just absolute bullshit. They showed today they CAN perform at this level. Where was this performance against Birmingham? Or against Burton?

I bet you didn't even go today.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun May 06 2018, 21:14; edited 1 time in total

8Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Rebirth wrote:I won’t delve into the archives of this forum or any other to find some of the quotes I’ve heard about Bolton this season by our supporters - and I use that term as loosely as it can be used with.

It's been a challenging season and emotions have certainly run high at times. But, lucky for us all, it resulted in a truly heart-stopping climax and an achievement which should be applauded.

So, why don't we all just let each other enjoy it for while? Start with the finger pointing bullshit and telling people that they're not welcome at their own club in a day or two, eh? Miserable bastard.

COME ON YOU WHITES!

9Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of you fuckwits are welcome next season. You spoil it for me.

10Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:44

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If you'd posted that after the Burton game I'd say you'd be entitled to your opinion, even though I don't agree with it.

To post it a few hours after we stayed in the division by a whisker just makes it laughable. Where were you a week ago with your condescending bollocks?

A Bolton supporter is one who goes to the games. He or she is supporting the club by handing over money. That gives he or she the right to applaud or hurl abuse, I really don't care.

These players are paid handsomely, as is the manager, if they can't go to Burton and put on a performance they deserve every single bit of abuse. To hide behind the "they're not good enough so we shouldn't criticise them" excuse is just absolute bullshit. They showed today they CAN perform at this level. Where was this performance against Birmingham? Or against Burton?

I bet you didn't even go today.

The only game I’ve missed at home this year is Wolves which was for something booked before we got promoted last year - if it had have been a title celebration for us I’d have missed it also.

And everyone should enjoy today, it’s a miraculous achievement. And there’s a lot that didn’t think it would happen, me including. Fine, you didnt think we’ll stay up, fair enough. That bit I get. But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.

Fuck off if I’d have put it after Burton. I put it before Burton somewhere and I was ignored. I avoided here after Burton because I can’t be doing with all the “death is nigh” crap that follows every defeat. And I’m sure it was there and they were all wrong. 

As I’ve said I’m not trying to make this outcome out for anything it isnt, but from the situations we’ve been in this season it’s unbelievable to me. 

Just support the team if you go or you might aswell not bother. If it’s going wrong after 60-70 mins and it’s dreadful then fine go for it. But when it’s a game like Burton or Barnsley or somewhere relatively near, more often than not our support give up after the first cross drops a bit long. Which passes to the fans which boo and give them shit which results in a lower performance. 

Today everyone turned up, was positive and even when we were behind I didn’t hear any “we’re fucking shiiiiit”, “Accrington Stanley we’re coming for you” or any one of the other negative bollocks chants I had to endure last week and just look at the result.

Never say die, fight for every ball and all the other cliches came today and and that doesn’t unless the fans get behind them.

11Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:47

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Pleased to see your support for Chorley Natasha though, desperately unlucky today by all accounts.

12Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Rebirth wrote:But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.

It's clueless fans like you that have contributed to the "God-like" status the modern footballer enjoys.

Sometimes players (all players, not just ours) are just crap, or not interested, or lazy. It isn't our job to applaud those players. You seem to be suggesting we should be applauding them off after poor performances? Are we at the point where players are beyond blame?

The modern footballer is paid like a king, but regardless of salary, it's his fucking job! It shouldn't matter what the people on the terraces are doing or saying. In the real world if people underperform they don't get a round of applause from their bosses, they get the fucking push.

If players were more accountable for their actions football would be significantly more enjoyable and fair. But while fans like you applaud their every move it will only get worse.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun May 06 2018, 22:10; edited 1 time in total

13Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Rebirth wrote:Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness.

That sounds like an ace name for a band.

14Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:15

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't stand another season of Parky hoofball. I'd get rid in the summer.

15Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:22

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

ITS NOT SUNNY NOW BUT IT WAS

TOMORROW IS A BANK HOLIDAY

HAVE A BEER AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

16Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:34

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bolton Rebirth wrote:But all season booing the manager or board or players or whatever, and then being surprised at the performance going down by all and thinking it’s unrelated? Yep do that and convince yourself you’re a “great fan” but I’m not having it.

It's clueless fans like you that have contributed to the "God-like" status the modern footballer enjoys.

Sometimes players (all players, not just ours) are just crap, or not interested, or lazy. It isn't our job to applaud those players. You seem to be suggesting we should be applauding them off after poor performances? Are we at the point where players are beyond blame?

The modern footballer is paid like a king, but regardless of salary, it's his fucking job! It shouldn't matter what the people on the terraces are doing or saying. In the real world if people underperform they don't get a round of applause from their bosses, they get the fucking push.

If players were more accountable for their actions football would be significantly more enjoyable and fair. But while fans like you applaud their every move it will only get worse.

No you’re not understanding what I’m saying. If it’s gone wrong and we’ve played terribly as I’ll admit has often been the case for this (or several) seasons then fine, let loose. Where I draw the line is people seeing the team lineup before kickoff, seeing things they think is wrong and then booing the team after about 10-15 mins in - turning on them so soon usually at 0-0 can only cause problems don’t you agree? 

Today I saw none of that and if we start the game believing sometimes it actually results in the team trying more.

As for the “footballers are on too much” mantra we all know that, they’re all on too much no matter what league or situation. Not an excuse to give grief to your own team on its own though, abuse the opposition they’re undoubtedly earning more than our lot are.

17Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:35

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny wrote:FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

Fair. Party on! Very Happy

18Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:37

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bolton Rebirth wrote:Natasha Whittam or any of the other soldiers of darkness.

That sounds like an ace name for a band.

Like your thinking, which is rare so far.

19Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 22:54

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Rebirth wrote:
y2johnny wrote:FFS

AGAIN

WE WON

Fair. Party on! Very Happy
Wheats is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Let’s have a row Empty Re: Let’s have a row Sun May 06 2018, 23:47

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum